[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long until the sameface fad ends and we get unique characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: azd.jpg (43 KB, 698x464) Image search: [Google]
azd.jpg
43 KB, 698x464
How long until the sameface fad ends and we get unique characters again with eccentric facial features?

to be honest i'd blade it on moe but you can't say that around here. if you watch some anime from the last the next season, it's just the exact same face in every show just with different hair and eye color
>>
Might as well blame reality for making humans all sameface
>>
File: Riley_and_Ellie_Photo_Booth_04.png (412 KB, 637x356) Image search: [Google]
Riley_and_Ellie_Photo_Booth_04.png
412 KB, 637x356
>>139600399
let me guess, you're chinese
>>
Shonen stuff seems like your best bet, you can't exactly make cartoony features like huge noses and enormous lips attractive. /co/ faps to stuff like that all the time, but nobody in Japan's going to do that.
>>
>>139600472
In anime the characters tend to all be the same race.
Anime isn't the race melting pot dystopia that america is.
>>
File: rideback-05-2[1].png (779 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rideback-05-2[1].png
779 KB, 1280x720
>One character looks completely different from all the others
It still happens sometimes.
>>
>>139600553
>but nobody in Japan's going to do that.
They do but it tends to be for the villain.

>>139600472
>All asians rook sam
Congrats, we now know why sameface is so prevalent and you got your answer in 1 post. Guess you can't blame it on moe.
>>
>>139600312
it's hard to draw faces well, so just learn how to draw one pretty face and repeat it over and over
>>
>>139600688
I just mean making a character that's not supposed to be seen as ugly or at the very least, unattractive with such features isn't all that common.
More cartoony anime and manga are fine with this kind of experimentation, but not anything with romance or battle harems and stuff.
>>
>>139600312
Who cares, really?

What matters most is the writing. Besides, the eccentric features you describe are almost always comical and accompanied by the most typical, melodramatic and mechanical tropes.

People who denounce moe are in general those who only see the surface of it, and think it's a plea to a dehumanized, fat manchild when in reality nothing like that exists.
>>
>>139602214
But I really am a dehumanized fat manchild
>>
>>139602214
>What matters most is the writing.
The whole problem is that if they're going to take the lazy/easy way out for things like faces, they're going to take the same way with every aspect. The writing in a lot of newer shows is shit.
>>
>>139602737
Bad writing? In a majority of works? Say it isn't so.
>>
>>139602737
Because the writer and the character designer are totally the same person.
Because /co/shit despite having wacky faces is well written.
Because you know what you are talking about, and have totally seen more than 20 anime.
>>
As long as cute is a driving point, facial features won't be a priority, the less detail you have the cuter something usually is.
>>
>>>/co/
>>
File: 1352427243721.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1352427243721.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
>>139600312

>every anime looks the same
People have been saying this every year anime has been around. Yet there is actually more unique styles now than there was in the 60s-80s.

Try watching something besides the same few shaft and KyoAni shows /a/ obsesses over.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.