[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: peopledie.jpg (26 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
peopledie.jpg
26 KB, 640x368
What did he mean by this
>>
People are dead when they die.
>>
He was mocking the church by rejecting the concept of an afterlife.
>>
He's explaining the natural order of things and how he violates this order.
>>
>>139584130
>Intelligent post on /a/.
April 1st is over bro, you're supposed to be a loli caveman here.
>>
File: 1444538732609.jpg (67 KB, 594x960) Image search: [Google]
1444538732609.jpg
67 KB, 594x960
This guy had some pretty deep thoughts
>>
File: Capture.png (240 KB, 573x303) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
240 KB, 573x303
>>139583894
>>
>Equivocation – the misleading use of a term with more than one meaning (by glossing over which meaning is intended at a particular time).
>>
>>139583810
People die if we or circumstances force them to die.
>>
I feel like he just lives in a world full of fuckwits and has to constantly explain basic shit to people.
>>
Dead people should stay dead, is what the full quote implies. He shoulda been killed a couple times over the course of Fate but Avalon saved him. He's giving up Avalon, so he won't have that to fall back on anymore, and he thinks that's the way things should be.
>>
>>139584498
Shirou is smart in the sense that he knows what he has to do and intends to do it, while everyone else beats around the bushes trying to make up a good tactic or approach.
He's not headstrong enough to rush into enemy territory and beat the shit out of them unless he has no choice but to save someone.
In the OP he's trying to explain that she should take Avalon back and let him die if he needs to die.
>>
>>139584498
I call that "the audience"
>i.e. you shitposters and weebs
>>
>>139584232
>Memecenter
>>
He means they won't come back, ever.
That's what people say especially when others do stupid things after someone died. It won't bring them back. Of course, because they're dead.

The only problem here is the translation.

And a stupid OP who tried to recycle an old memes.
a/ really sucks more and more every day.
>>
Which is the best Fate-related translation?

Maybe "So, you dodged my undodgeable blow, Saber."
>>
>>139584603
fuck, you're right. I didn't even notice.
I saved this pic from one of the cancer UBW threads from last year.
>>
>>139584232
>People die when they're killed
Shirou literally didn't die when killed

>Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right
Mistranslation. It should be, "You're right but I don't give a shit"

>When you have a birthday, you celebrate for being born
Miyu was asking what a birthday is.
>>
>>139584679
There's nothing wrong with that though.
>>
File: dude.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
What did she mean by this
>>
>>139584722
But it was a mistranslation. The original lines were just "So you dodged it, Saber"
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.