[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toriko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: midora.png (417 KB, 413x481) Image search: [Google]
midora.png
417 KB, 413x481
>perfect mix of action and food
>interesting plot
>cool and manly characters
>demons and shit
>power levels that rise every new chapter
>main character wants to literally eat GOD
>and yet, shit food series like Shokugeki no Souma grabs way more attention than it
What exactly went wrong with Toriko? I've started reading it some time ago and I'm surprised it's not near the top in popularity. It's one of the best shonenshit I've read so far.
Did the anime ruin it's popularity?
>>
I prefer it not to be super popular like other shonen shit. This way i can feel like elitist while reading this masterpiece.
>>
File: toriko.png (191 KB, 850x1250) Image search: [Google]
toriko.png
191 KB, 850x1250
>anime was dogshit
>bad pacing
>not enough cute grills for most people
>too much bara
>inconsistent art
>lack of character development

I'd go out on a limb and say that the era of manly muscly men doing manly things are over.
>>
>>139562199
Because the author often forgets what the best part of his series is.
Going to cool and exciting places and having manly fights against freaky lackeys of a mysterious organisation.
>>
Toriko tried to be the new One Piece, but the author forgot to put the melodrama that Japan loves so much.
If Toriko was defeating a big bully every arc, it would be way more popular, but many arcs are just about hunting some animal.
>>
>>139562199
Personally, i got bored with it. I may try to get back to it. But i really don't know.
I've read up to the aftermath of the fight with the Monkey King, btw.
>>
>>139562199
>>and yet, shit food series like Shokugeki no Souma grabs way more attention than it
Does Toriko have waifus, and T&A? Does Shokugeki no Souma have those?

>hamburgers are sandwiches
Maybe technically, but still, captcha.
>>
File: bruh.png (334 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
334 KB, 411x411
>>139563078
>the era of manly muscly men doing manly things are over
fucking moeshitters ruin everything
>>
File: Komatsu_post-time_skip.png (147 KB, 225x336) Image search: [Google]
Komatsu_post-time_skip.png
147 KB, 225x336
>>139562199
>What exactly went wrong with Toriko?
>>
>>139562199
The era of muscularity is well gone
1&2 character here and there is fine but this? No
If you have noticed his started drawing them thinner and thinner
>>
>>139564156
Definitely feels rushed since they entered GW, used to be gigantic arcs for single ingredients, now it's barely a few chapters each kind of.
>>
File: Coco.1017057.jpg (504 KB, 960x839) Image search: [Google]
Coco.1017057.jpg
504 KB, 960x839
>>139562199
>the characters don't appeal to bara fujoshi enough
>anime was badly managed
>other Jump series fanboys going on a shit spree because toriko got the spot next to op and dbz
>>
>>139562199
It's terrible.
>>
>>139562199

It has it's moments but I can't get passed it's flaws.

>Ugly as sin art (subjective to my taste).
>Mediocre characters, Midora being one of the few exceptions.
>Toriko and Komatsu's relationship goes beyond bromance and straight into Alpha dominating male and his manlet boipussy.
>Powerscale is all sorts of fucked up.
>Very few relevant female characters.
>Pacing is all sorts of fucked up post timeskip
>Can't seem to ever surpass it's best arc (cooking tournament).
>Easily one of the worst anime adaptations of a series to date.

I had high hopes for this series when it started but the author then started to milk the series. It's no longer interesting, I'm just waiting for it to end. Felt the same exact way about Naruto, unfortunately.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.