[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you go about making a 「deconstruction」 of the battle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: goku madoka.png (429 KB, 650x489) Image search: [Google]
goku madoka.png
429 KB, 650x489
How would you go about making a 「deconstruction」 of the battle shonen genre?
>>
Make one that's about demolition men.
>>
Screwattack is still around? And talking about Meduka?
>>
I'd make it about a guy who is so strong that he effortlessly defeats every enemy in one attack.

Call it One Attack Guy.
>>
>inb4 a hundred replies from people who don't know what deconstruction means

Here's how I'd do it.
>The protagonist and his battle buddies have serious problems ranging from BPD to PTSD, which motivates their desire to grow stronger and harm others.
>They're all from shitty neighbourhoods and struggle in school, do drugs, whore themselves, and fight with their deadbeat parents.
>They're never treated as heroes. Its mostly a character study on how poverty and crime ransack low class neighborhoods and make kids into violent pieces of shit.
>People they beat in fighta more often die than come to understand them.
>Power ups are shit like getting a bigger knife, hitting the gym, and somehow obtaining a gun.
>Protagonist's violent feud with their ruval drags them and all their friends into a gangwar
>The series ends with nearly everyone arrested, dying of injuries, comatose, or fleeing the police. The only characters to get out okay are the few who quit the lifestyle and focus on their studies, or sell out to the cops for a plea deal.
>Protagonist gets their revenge and dies satisfied with it, despite everything they lost and the way they hurt their loved ones showing how low they've truly fallen.
>>
>>139545881
>inb4 a hundred replies from people who don't know what deconstruction means
Only 99 left to go after your post.
>>
File: ..........jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
..........jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>Madoka
>Deconstruction
>>
>>139545881
Was this meant to be ironic?
>>
>>139545881
So local life in black neighborhood?
>>
Something like God Eater episode 5, where the MC gets asspull-power-up-blocked then BTFO by the enemy.
>>
Make a battle series after the main character has finished training so they're vastly overpowered and power levels become meaningless to him.
>>
>>139545360
It's called HxH.
>>
>>139546940
You beat me to it.
>>
Attack on Titan
>>
>>139546940
>>139549511
I swear to god you faggots are more obnoxious than Naruto fags.
>>
Never mind, I found it.
>>
>>139545881
More like you are the one who doesn't understand what a deconstruction is.
Just taking the very basic premise of the genre, while stripping it of all it's other concepts and tropes doesn't make a deconstruction, it's just uninspired bullshit. A real deconstruction would emphasize the vast majority of the genres themes and explore them through the eyes of slightly different characters, settings or consequences of the characters action.
For example a common theme is battle shounen is the protagonists struggle to become stronger in order to protect his friends or generally other people. To make an interesting deconstruction you could take that premise and build upon it, by making the character more morally ambiguous, in a way where his actions both help but also hurt some people, so he has to figure out if what he's doing is right and how she should approach his goals.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.