[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most retarded form of training/power increase? >Saiyans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: power up.png (169 KB, 986x534) Image search: [Google]
power up.png
169 KB, 986x534
What is the most retarded form of training/power increase?

>Saiyans get stronger by having near-death experiences
>even if it wasn't in a true combat scenario
You think Vegeta would have Bulma build him a machine that almost-kills him constantly.
>>
>>139536945
Doesn't this shit stops working at the end of the namek arc?
>>
I thought that too, then I remembered that this near-death ability has its limits. It stops working after a couple of times.
>>
>>139536945
And then who would heal him retard?
>>
This is actually a homage to doomsday ability from Superman
>>
>>139537309
It works for Cell
>>
>>139539904
True, but I guess that's thanks to his regenerative abilities, he was pushed so far only a cell of him was left. The saiyans's limit before dying he far away from that, and the genkai went past this limit.
>>
>>139537381

That was never stated. What happens is that the gap between Freezer and Vegeta was to huge that the zenkai itself wasn't enought.

Goku was stronger than Vegeta when he reached Namek and he got a huge Zenkai boost after what happent with Ginyu. And remember the boost Cell got after exploding, he returned almost as strong as SSJ2 Gohan.
>>
>>139537464
The machine.
>>
>>139536945
>nearly kill him
Knowing Vegeta, he'd likely overdo it and kill himself by accident.
>>
>>139536945
The thing I don't get is that Raditz had a power level of 1200~1500, Nappa was 4000 and Vegeta was 18000.

That's fine. But Saiyans were supposed to be these terrifying super warriors that conquer planets. Cui was as strong as Vegeta and most PTO guys were between Raditz/Nappa level.

Again, that's fine. Going Oozaru makes a Saiyan ten times stronger which would put them far above the normal PTO guys. So far all this power level bullshit works out.Even the whole 'super saiyan' concern since a saiyan strong enough to get into the Ginyu Force for example could turn Oozaru and be twice as strong as the rest of the Ginyu Force put together.

The problem is when you take zenkai boosts into consideration. Shouldn't saiyans have been far more powerful just from beating the shit out of each other? They spend their whole lives fighting and they're not strong that they would never loose. There should have been hundreds of them around the same strength as Vegeta was on Namek and millions more around the strength Vegeta was on earth. If Saiyans have this power to repeatedly and dramatically increase their power why did they never use it?
>>
>asking dbfags
They'll forget the answer again as soon as they close the tab
>>
>>139542599
because they don't have dragonball or senzu you stupid copy paste dbfags!
>>
>>139541179

Yes, but it was the first time cell went through a Zenkai.

The extra power is probably proportional to the original power, and relative to the damage. Cell was just a brain at some point.

Also, and this is just my headcanon, the power of the Zenkai could had the same origin as the power of the Super Saiyan. It might had just been the anime, but when Cell came back after near death his auras was Golden.
Perhaps the main cast was already accessing the power the zenkai would give them.
>>
>>139542599
They probably kill each other all the time
>>
>>139542599
They probably die before too long, and since most planets are pushovers they don't have near death experiences often
>>139542784
They have the super medical pods.
>>
>>139542599

You've got to consider than only a few people where stronger than Vegeta in the sayain saga.

Almost all of Frieza's army where in the 1000-2000 power level range, whereas the average Sayain Power level was higher than that.

>They're not so strong that they would never lose

If we were to take Bardock: Father of Goku into consideration, I think this is the case. Whenever the Sayains were sent to invade a planet, they most likely always did it in time for a Full Moon, or just where stronger than the natives.
>>
>>139543116
>They have the super medical pods.

Only after being conquered by Freezer.
>>
>>139543116
Try make 10 new holes in your head and see what medicine can do!
>>
>>139541179
I thought SSJ2 Gohan was still way stronger after Cell has come back? I remember Goku realizing Gohan had been massively holding back even then because he was afraid he might accidentally blow up the planet.
>>
That shit in Naruto with all the clones splitting leaves...
>>
>>139543116
>>139543141

To add to this point, if we take Vegeta killing Nappa when he was paralysed (despite a medical pod being able to kill him) the Sayains wouldn't have really nursed someone who was so heavily injured (that they'd get a big Zenkai) back to health, even with the medical pods. They'd probably have let them die or simply finish them off (Either Ally or Foe)
>>
>>139543347

That's why I said "almost"
>>
File: jew credit card reaction.jpg (189 KB, 590x376) Image search: [Google]
jew credit card reaction.jpg
189 KB, 590x376
>>139536945
>100 chapters of Vegeta playing Washizu mahjong
>>
>>139537464
A bean or Dende who is on earth.
>>
>>139544718
It wasn't almost, one handed and severely injured Gohan still manages to BTFO Cell. He was massively more powerful than Cell.
>>
>>139543004
His aura was always golden. He was sort of going super saiyan the whole time. When he gets his zenkai, he gets the ssj2 lightning.

Also, OP, the Mystic Water.
>>
>>139546021
he was helped by vegeta you are wrong wtf
>>
>>139546021
>severely injured gohan

You remember WHO severely injured him in the first place, right?
>>
>>139545134
That's not even one near death experience
>>
>>139537309
>>139536945
>>139539904

It was retconned to not work if you did it yourself (despite the fact that it's literally how Goku powered up for namek), but after namek no one ever thinks to abuse it again, it's retarded. They have Dende, they have senzu. Oh, Beerus is here? Hold on a sec god, lemme shoot myself in the dick a few times and we'll be ready to fight!
>>
>>139551228
>despite the fact that it's literally how Goku powered up for namek

If you are talking about that scene when Goku shoots multiple KameHameHas to himself, that was Anime filler.
>>
>>139551778
>If you are talking about that scene when Goku shoots multiple KameHameHas to himself, that was Anime filler.
No it wasn't, you lying apologist shit.
>>
>>139552216

>stands up
>Goes to the shelve
>open kazenban
>Yes it is. Kazenban 19

Ok i was wrong.

Also reading it I see that the narrator says that during the travel Goku noticed his hability to become stronger after being almost dead so...maybe you can't punch yourself to dead but you can fire a Ki blast and make it hit you...it would be like firing a bullet to yourself...right?
>>
>>139552698
Eh, even if that's the case ti's still completely abusable, but what's more important is that limitation makes no real sense at all. What constitutes "self harm"? How does the body know, and why would it choose not to give a power boost if it's harmed by your hand?

Would throwing a rock into the sky and getting hit by it work? Falling into a blade?

Wouldn't vegeta punching himself technically not be self harm, since it's his glove that's making contact with and damaging his body?
>>
>>139551228
if dragonball people are smart or able to use breab even with just shenlong they can kill all enemy in existence
>>
You clearly haven't read/watch Bleach op.
>Ichigo meditates
>All of a sudden he has god like strength

>2 arcs later
>He takes a bath and eats some food
>He and his friends are suddenly top tier captain level

At least dbz has that "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" thing going on. Bleach just gives powerups by doing nothing.
>>
>>139553255
>brain
>>
>>139553255
>shenlong they can kill all enemy in existence
Shenlong can't do anything to people stronger than Kami.
>>
>>139553266
It's funny because from what I remember it mostly is just him getting destroyed, then going into his own head to have a conversation with himself in some fashion and then winning
>>
>>139553341
Also keep in mind that king piccolo killed shenlong with his powerlevel in the hundreds
>>
>>139547742

You are right, I mixed it up. Thank you.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.