[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is monogatari hated so much when it's not even that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: cute girl.jpg (123 KB, 604x338) Image search: [Google]
cute girl.jpg
123 KB, 604x338
Why is monogatari hated so much when it's not even that bad?
>>
Monogatari is one of the most popular shows on /a/ (and yes, on reddit). You might as well ask "why is Fullmetal Alchemist so hated" or "why is Evangelion so hated".

It has it's detractors, but so does every show, and having lots of exposure means that the detractors get a lot of exposure too.
>>
>>139535043
Because shitposters who dislike the show or just say they do to get replies are more vocal than both people who like the show and people who have legitimate reasons to dislike the show.
>>
>>139535177
>>139535280

Thanks
>>
>>139535043
Hipsters.
>>
>>139535043
The most common complaint i have heard for this is that it has too much text, thus the only people who truly hate it are the ones that lack reading comprehension.
>>
>>139535043
Gorespammer.yfw half of /a/ doesn't remember that because it was 7 years ago and most people came here after 2012 at best.
>>
>>139535043
Because it's popular.
>>
File: 1418146034273.jpg (100 KB, 747x699) Image search: [Google]
1418146034273.jpg
100 KB, 747x699
>>139536844
Then those people wouldn't hate it for that reason, making your whole argument invalid.
>>
>>139535043
Think of all the effort and money shaft put into Monogatari when as a concept it's a harem with some talky bits.

Could have been spent on a lot more worthwhile things.
>>
Same reason why it is loved so much when it's not even that good.
>>
>so much
It's very popular on /a/, on Futaba etc. Definitely one of the most popular shows on /a/ since Bake aired.
It obviously has people who dislike it it, but there's also shitposters that bait as with everything popular.
>>
I used to hate it due to thinking it was pretentious garbage, then I watched Kizumonogatari in a theater on a whim and went on a Monogatari binge after that, watching everything and reading the books that haven't been adapted into anime yet, now considering reading the rest of the books anyway. Point is, hating something before giving it a chance is stupid.
>>
>>139536976
Is monogatari really high budget though? Not to mention could that budget exist and be applied to a show that doesn't have it's high sales?

And Shaft doesn't put money on it, Aniplex does.
>>
>>139536976
>harem
>when best girl is already declared to have won from the beginning

Lolwut
>>
>>139537378
Sure, and SAO is not a harem either? Crabfags I swear
>>
>>139536934
I can see you don't understand how 4chan works. People hated for a reason, new people come in and while trying to fit in will jump on the hatewagon to feel like they belong and the cycle repeats itself until there are people that actually hate something without even knowing why.
>>
>>139537081
>then I watched Kizumonogatari in a theater on a whim and went on a Monogatari binge after that

> Being able to catch the prequel or at least a part of the prequel before seeing everything else

As a Monogatari fan who has been waiting to see Kizu for ages, I'm just a tab bit green with envy... just a tad.
>>
>>139537430
Haven't watched SAO because I don't have any reason to
>>
>>139536976
While I don't think Monogatari cost a lot, SHAFT definitely could use that time and workforce to do something more interesting. Anything beyond Hanamonogatari is a waste, and even before that, it got kinda shit at moments. I haven't seen Kizu though.

What about that fucking Prism Nana project? Why was it a private projection only? Give us the fucking thing already for fuck's sake.
>>
>>139535043
Muh superior taste falseflags. LoGH falseflags would fall in the same spectrum.
On the other end of the spectrum lies falseflags like OPM's muh Saitama is GOAT kind of falseflags
>>
It isn't. A large proportion of /a/, and the anime community on a whole, love it. But this immediately causes the rest of /a/'s contrarian instincts to kick in, so despite not knowing hardly anything about the series they call it shit to validate the "cynical, high-brow reviewer" identity they've built for themselves.
>>
>>139537378
Sure, he has a girlfriend, so the cast consisting of 80% women isn't strange or bizarre in itself when a lot of their interactions are centered around their attraction to him.

It's a harem.
>>
>>139537663
True it may not have cost a lot but there's a lot of effort put into it with the art direction and OST. The OP's and ED's are brilliant. All sorts of things that are their effort and certainly not due to it being amazing source material.
>>
>>139535043
It's a harem that pretends to be 2deep4u
>>
>>139536976
Only Kizu looks high budget and Kizu isn't a harem.
>>
>>139539734
How can you say that when OP pic clearly shows up that the series has never seen itself or took itself seriously.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.