[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>moves back through time >struggles valiantly against the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 18
File: Yes I'm fucking mad.jpg (142 KB, 1298x746) Image search: [Google]
Yes I'm fucking mad.jpg
142 KB, 1298x746
>moves back through time
>struggles valiantly against the odds
>fails but never gives up, holds on to hope
>relentlessly studies the clues
>brings those who were alone close to his heart, his current friends even closer
>masterminded the defeat of the enemy even though he appeared to have won
>got cucked in the end anyway

This is fucking BULLSHIT. I sat through all of those unbearable heart-tickling moments expecting them to get together, and then this bullshit happens? I suspected it a little when she left him behind, but I thought up to the end that they'd reconnect and have a rabbu rabbu happy ending together.

>MC struggles, fights tooth and nail to rescue girl, barely skirts by and successfully rescues the girl, gets cucked anyway

Japan I swear to God, I will burn you down for this fucking trope and your apparent fetish for it. Still easily anime of the season, at least.
>>
File: 1450817296135.jpg (124 KB, 616x616) Image search: [Google]
1450817296135.jpg
124 KB, 616x616
>>139531637
As if it wasn't bad enough already.
>>
>implying Satoru did all that shit in order to fuck a 10 year old he never canonically had feelings for, was never dating in any official capacity, and never made or received any promises with

The writing was shit and shouldn't have focused on their relationship but you are sincerely retarded if you think she was some sort of reward for what he did. He got Airi, and unless he was an objectively bad person he wouldn't expect a goddamn child to literally waste her youth for the small chance of him waking up, based on some pre pubescent semi cute moments.
>>
Self-insertfags on suicide watch.
>>
Yeah why didn't she held back for the guy she dated for 2 weeks back when they were in 5th grade and whom was in a deep coma for 15 years

How dare she.
>>
>>139531583
So did I just fucking hallucinate Satoru meeting Pizza-Girl at the end?
Everyone is saying he got cucked. What the fuck did he get cucked from? A girl he literally only knew for about 4 months whom he only knew as a child?
Satoru wants to melt Pizza-Girl's cheese. Next season you impatient faggots.
>>
It's okay he gets to fuck best girl anyway. And she's underage.
>>
>>139531766
Honestly, you're not wrong.

>>139531787
You dumb nigger, going in blind it's not as if anyone would predict that outcome. Any reasonable person would interpret the beginning as being focused entirely on and revolving around this one girl. All the cute implications here and there certainly wouldn't convince someone otherwise.

It doesn't change the fact that it's a bullshit ending with a stale reward waiting at the end.
>>
Literally the next episode shows that to be obsessed with someone in a coma for 15 years means you're a psychopath who would otherwise be murdering children

> Baww why didn't kayo behave like a psychopathic serial child murderer
>>
>>139532264
>Any reasonable person would interpret the beginning as being focused entirely on
Any stupid person, surely. Reminder that the entire reason he went back in time was because his mom died.
If it was about her why didn't he go back in time when kayo's death was announced? IE in 1988 he goes back a few months.
That didn't happen.
Hell he even went back in time to save a kid he didn't know from getting truck'd
>>
>>139532259
He gets her at least, so it's not a complete trainwreck, but even so. She was brushed aside for the most part. I will say that she is best girl, but it would have felt more natural and more satisfying for Satoru to end up with Kayo because their interactions held more depth. They were more integral to the plot.

Virtually nothing is going to abate this avalanche of salt bearing down on me.

>>139532341
Are you trying to sound retarded? This post literally makes zero sense.
>>
>>139532264
This is what people don't get.

Going in blind, it really feels like Satoru is going to get Kayo; seriously,I was so fucking shocked when she appeared with that baby.
>>
>>139532264
Then what would Airi's role be? Kayo's role was to be saved, and even if this is anime it's not actually reasonable to create a romantic subplot between a 30 year old and a 10 year old.

It was definitely badly written and came across like she was set up as a love interest, but it only takes about 10 seconds of rational thought to understand that it would be fucked up if there was something between them and she was willing to wait 15 years over someone she knew for a short period when she was a kid.
>>
>>139532375
>Reminder that the entire reason he went back in time was because his mom died

And? That doesn't mean that his objectives can't change while he's in the past.
>>
>>139532406
>This post literally makes zero sense.
It makes a hundred percent sense.
The next episode shows how the Yashiro was obsessed with Satoru, cutting up apples for him, watching over him, even intervening with the paparazzi, deleting airi in the process.
Maybe Kayo should have shown the same psychopathic obsession?
The autist in you will not realise that to be obsessed with someone you barely know for 15 years is not healthy.
>>
He's got no time for that shit he's too busy saving the life of his based as fuck and loyal mother.
>>
>>139532457
And his objective changed to porking Kayo?
Kayo had the most interaction because she was the most difficult to save. Remember that after actually saving Kayo he almost forgets about her and shows the same tenacity in saving Hiromi, the other girl, and the new target who ended up being bait.
>>
>>139531583
Only fucking negros care about this cucking bullshit. They wre 11 y/o , there was no fucking romance between them. If you fucking autists had lived a normal life yoiu'd realized its possible to make friend with the opposite sex without wanting to bone. Satoru's reactiong is fairly normal, he sees a girl he cares about, a friend being happy and he's happy for them.

Grow the fuck up you fucking weebs.
>>
>>139532375
>Any stupid person, surely
Starting off strong, this post is gonna be good. Explain to me how a random kid getting saved in the beginning has anything to do with the primary conflict? That was exposition on his power and nothing more than that. He forced a Revival with his own will in order to discover who killed his mother, and his goal changed when he realized that he had to protect Kayo. Everything revolved around saving her.

>>139532444
This has nothing at all to do with the fact that he was in a coma. Setting that aside, removing that completely, most would be led to believe that Kayo was being built into a love interest. It's not about what happened, it's about what COULD have and probably should have happened instead. Remove the coma as a factor and it would be more believable.

Final Revive complete, Kayo saved. Finds himself back in the present, encounters her again, stronger implications, happy ending.

>>139532484
>a-autism-!
Post completely and irrevocably discarded.
>>
>>139532580
>Satoru's reactiong is fairly normal
It's fairly nip and laughably beta. That's not okay.
>>
>>139532572
I'm not saying that he wanted to screw Kayo. I'm just saying that the fact that he went back to the past for a reason doesn't mean that those reasons can't change; I'm not defending or attacking anything.

The anime was very misleading, though.
>>
>>139532642
You're stupid enough to get pissed off at a childhood friend being happy so I consider you to be the retard here.
Oh no, my childhood friend that I knew for a month when I was 11 and I haven't seen for 15 years is happy with someone else
THIS IS BETRAYAL.

At least make your point from a cinematic perspective- the direction of the anime sort of implied a romance between the characters, but in reality that's misdirection from the creators rather than a fault in the characters.
The feelings you got are because you're a dumb shit who expects that women owe you vagina.
>>
>>139532484
>The autist in you will not realise that to be obsessed with someone you barely know for 15 years is not healthy.
>projecting
>>
>>139532723
>You're stupid enough to get pissed off at a childhood friend being happy
You built a very cute strawman, anon~ I like his hat!

Nobody in this thread got angry about the childhood friend being happy. This is a wasted post.
>>
>>139532723
>The feelings you got are because you're a dumb shit who expects that women owe you vagina.
Go back to /r9k/ with this stupidity. It's irrelevant and you're cancerous.
>>
>>139532681
It's not beta to not feel 'cucked' by a kid you platonically interacted with for a few weeks 15 years ago and have no substantial feelings for aside from a minor crush at most.

You're just divorced from reality if you think that's really how people feel about childhood friends. It's completely nonsensical to think you can go so long without seeing someone and have the relationship work out based on so little substance. And it works on both sides- imagine if he woke up and she'd gotten fat and ugly, would he be obligated to be with her?
>>
File: that shit right there.jpg (83 KB, 608x648) Image search: [Google]
that shit right there.jpg
83 KB, 608x648
>>139532723
>make your point from a cinematic perspective
That's what we're arguing about anon, read the thread. It's all about misinterpretation, opinions, and disappointment.
>>
>>139532779
>Nobody in this thread got angry about the childhood friend being happy.
Read the OP.
>Japan I swear to God, I will burn you down for this fucking trope and your apparent fetish for it.
>>
>>139532821
There's no reason to imagine that, because the point you're trying to make is unfortunately completely irrelevant. This isn't about debating the merits of them being together in the current situation, you mongoloid.
>>
>>139532871
>read the OP
I did. He's angry about being misled, not about a childhood friend being happy. Is there a declaration of war against happy people in the post? I don't see one.
>>
Friendly reminder in the manga parts waiting for translation he finds out Airi is dating the manager at the pizza place.

Next comiket there are going to be so many NTR doujins it's insane.
>>
Just done watching the show, are all these threads blatant trolling? Him being set up with Airi was more obvious than the murderer. I do think pairing her up with that kid was kind of weird and unnecessary though, should have been some random guy.
>>
>>139532928
I only just binged the show and missed the weekly threads. How bad was the shitstorm for this episode?
>>
>>139532948
Airi was perfectly fine as a love interest. My problem with it is that she seemed to be one of those write-off characters that the mom likes, who is only brought over once and then fades into obscurity. Once true best girl became the focus of the story, that's when I got the feeling that she'd be the real one.

It is what it is. I'm not particularly thrilled about the ending myself, but the show was great. Was biting my nails a few times and I was so glued to the idea of sensei being the killer that it almost drove me crazy. I'm not really sure if I was happy or upset to be right about him. I was starting to like the guy.
>>
>>139532955
There were about 11 threads after the episode ended.

At the same time, of course.
>>
>>139531583
So, apparently, all of his success and happiness in the end doesn't count anymore because he didn't get together with that one chick you shipped him with, even though she was 10 and he was 29, and they both found love with other people?
What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
He should've just been trapped in child form for the rest of the story. Then the faggots whining about insanity and comas would be satisfied if they fucked.
>>
>>139533043
>caring about numbers
>missing the point
>>
>>139533009
I was kind of hoping he would be a red herring just because of how obvious it was being made, the face structure and the eyes early on were really similar to him, then the whole lolipop scene in the car. Disappointed there weren't other good suspects around for the viewer, he ended up being a good character but the reveal would have been better if there was a part that made you think he were a red herring by tossing in another suspect after making him seem too obvious to be true, really the only big complaint I have about the show.
>>
>>139532882
The point is that it's pants on head retarded to expect anyone, the man or the woman, to wait 15 years for anyone who isn't already their spouse or long term partner. It's illogical on so many levels and assumes that a) Satoru wanted Kayo pre coma and b) would still want her post coma. I brought up the hypothetical situation to show how ridiculous it is to just assume things would work out once he woke up.
>>
>>139533151
This is your problem. It's not that you're wrong in the point you're trying to make, you're actually 100% right. The problem is that the argument was never about the coma or the merits of them having a relationship with her based on how everything turned out. It was just the ending in general. That's all.
>>
>>139533124
I was actually disappointed when the finger tapping came into play. It was too much of a dead giveaway and I wanted to be right when something truly shocking happened. Him just doing a blatantly obvious bad guy mannerism was underwhelming.
>>
>>139533226
No, the post I was responding to was >139532681, which is a comment on real life relationship dynamics. Plenty of anons legitimately think Kayo is a whore and Satoru is a cuck, which isn't even remotely true.

If anon was arguing that it was a poorly written ending, I'd agree.
>>
File: 1458417336411.png (344 KB, 340x523) Image search: [Google]
1458417336411.png
344 KB, 340x523
Of course she had to have a kid with someone else! It's reality we're talking about and not an anime, right?
>>
File: 1418593649176.jpg (104 KB, 613x720) Image search: [Google]
1418593649176.jpg
104 KB, 613x720
How many times do we have to go over this?
Holy shit
Kayofags here make such a make deal big fucking deal of it when no one of the characters didn't care at all.
Stop self-inserting so much, retards.
>>
>>139533267
>legitimately think Kayo is a whore
Now this I can find autistic. Satoru preserved her life, she made the most of it.
>Satoru is a cuck
This I sympathize with. Obviously you have the urge for the main character to get with the main girl, but when she walks up to you after a 15-year coma and shows you the baby you never gave her, there's definitely some cuck aura floating around.

>>139533316
Of course anon. We all know that good things can't happen, and we gather here to argue about the hypothetical in order to stifle our growing feelings of loneliness when faced with a dwindling backlog and nobody to talk to.
>>
>>139533316
What's your point?
Everyting has to have wish-fulfilment happy ending, even the shows that try to have drama, just because it's anime?
>>
>>139533351
>Stop self-inserting so much
You don't like to enjoy your animu by getting the full experience? Are you gay?

Self-inserting as an MC rescuing a cute waifu in the middle of winter is satisfying and you know it.
>>
>>139533395
I liked Airi and MC got with her in the end, don't assume everyone wanted Kayo to end up with him.
>>
File: Shouwa-Genroku-Rakugo-Shinjuu.jpg (39 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Shouwa-Genroku-Rakugo-Shinjuu.jpg
39 KB, 1024x576
>>139531583
>ERASED
>AOTS

Bitch pls
>>
>>139533362
>there's definitely some cuck aura floating around.
That would only be the case if it was ever established that Satoru, a 29 yr old man, had feelings for her, a 10 yr old child. But it wasn't, and in the end it wasn't Satoru getting cucked, just the audience (who refuse to apply any logic to the situation and keep getting mad about it instead).
>>
>>139533426
I don't, anon. Airi was devoted and very cute, so it's not the worst possible ending ever. The way things were going, I'd say he got off light. He seems lucky to have anyone at all.

>>139533448
But it is though.
>>
>>139533469
>who refuse to apply any logic to the situation and keep getting mad about it instead
This can be a problem to resist once you get too invested in the relationship between two characters.
>>
>>139533384
My point is that you don't necessarily have to apply real world logic to an anime and that her cucking the MC is the only possible outcome
>>
>>139533448
Cuckedseption.
>>
>>139533493
They should just get mad at the mangaka/director instead of the characters themselves
>>
File: smug animu gay.jpg (97 KB, 1846x1078) Image search: [Google]
smug animu gay.jpg
97 KB, 1846x1078
>>139533472
fucking shit taste
>>
File: mmmppphhhhaggot.png (328 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mmmppphhhhaggot.png
328 KB, 640x360
>>139533518
You too, anon. You too. What's your best bet for this season?
>>
>>139533513
I'm not mad at anyone specifically, just the story itself and my own dissatisfaction. I'll get over it eventually.

Katanagatari was a real trip.
>>
Like she was going to wait 15 years for a childhood love. She wasn't even sure Satoru was going to wake up one day and she had no idea what exactly he had done for her either, so I don't understand why everyone's butthurt over that ending, it's just how things should have been.
It's an anime not a fairy tale, honestly if she had waited for him it would have been a shit ending.
It's not like they made a promise or confessed their love at some point.
He changed the past to save her not to fuck her, if all that shit hadn't happened he would have just ended up dating Airi and that's what is gonna happen.
>>
>>139533498
Airi won, get over it, Kayotard.
>>
File: 2.jpg (85 KB, 1200x856) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
85 KB, 1200x856
>>139533584
This one
>>
File: GG.jpg (27 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
GG.jpg
27 KB, 512x512
>>
>>139533745
go kill yourself
>>
>>139533700
>butthurt over that ending
Autists rage because their favorite girl didn't win.
They'll try to tell you "n-no I-I mad because it's shitty writing!!!", but everyone knows they're just pathetic shipertards.
>>
>>139531583
Why the fuck does it matter? This isn't even a romance story.

Satoru's motivations did not in any way involve romancing Kayo, nor did it evolve into that. The main fucking reason he even went back in time in the first place was to save his mother. Even then, the "romantic" aspect of Satoru and Kayo's relationship literally only consisted of an awfully understated puppy love. There wasn't a single hint of foreshadowing in the manga or the anime that would explicitly lead one to believe that they were or will be intimate lovers.

I'm not saying that anyone who thought they might get together in the end or at least wanted that to happen are idiots. I don't even think that it is unreasonable to think that she would wait a decade and a half for him to awaken, but it would make more sense for her to "move on" if she didn't actually had any legitimate romantic interest in him. The fact that people are still genuinely frustrated over the result like as if the alternative was definitely going to happen when it was never even guaranteed is absolutely fucking inane, and the people who are calling this cuckolding or netorare seriously need to pick up a fucking dictionary and stop whining like an autistic Tumblr girl who realized her ship wasn't canon. The fact that something like this caused a shitstorm is even more baffling.

The anime and manga, mostly the anime, had a fuckton of other problems that were a fuckton worse and more worthy of criticism than this.
>>
>>139533871
That just goes to show how retarded some people here are.
>>
>>139532040
There is no next season.
>>
>>139533858
Exactly. To be honest the ending was great, I have seen so many shitty endings but this one wasn't bad at all
>>
File: 1448712626491.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1448712626491.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>>139533825
I swear to God i've seen this plot from a hentai
>>
>>139533061
>wanting the mc to be a pedophile and a girl to sacrifice her youth to be with a dude who might never wake up, and, as far as everyone knows, would be brain-damaged if he did
I guess I did miss your point.
>>
>>139531583
>>got cucked in the end anyway
That's not true. She met the other girl under the bridge.,
>>
Whiteknights = normalfags
>>
>>139531583

I watched this recently and really don't get what all the fuss is about.

Is it not enough that he legitimately wanted to become friends with her? It's not like he ever really acknowledges having romantic feelings towards her. As it stands I think that outcome is fine. Even if he had shown any romantic interest in her, they were like 10 when that stuff happened, would you really expect her to wait 15 years for him to get out of a coma they didn't know when/if he would wake up from, especially considering he never even confessed to liking her that way.

Though when I found out she had a kid with someone other than the MC, I figured it would have been Kenya, not Hiromi, kind of weird, but whatever
>>
File: kayo kao.webm (783 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kayo kao.webm
783 KB, 1280x720
>>139535342
Kenya wouldn't fuck his friend over like that. Hiromi probably was too clueless to even realize he was cucking him
>>
>>139535600
Kenya was a real bro.
>>
I didn't mind the ending but there were several scene implying that the MC had feelings for the 10 y.o. girl, like him blushing and going no you can't you're 29, the "you're pretty" scene, etc.

The author clearly implies some romantic feelings.

And we know the nips love age gap relations, they proved it several time with mainstream anime/manga
>>
>>139533825
i'm just counting down the days till an ntr doujin pops up
>>
>>139535600
was Hiromi like spacing out when all these romance flags were popping up? I know the Airi fags will spew the whole HURR HE NEVER LUVED HER rhetoric but whether he did or not EVERYBODY thought he did.
>>
>>139536109

Those are called hormones. Rationally, Satoru isn't all that into Kayo in a romantic sense, but he's physically a boy of a particular age.

There's a reason why Kayo is basically entirely "out of sight, out of mind" when it comes to these things.

Conversely, Airi comes to his mind several times throughout the story in both the 'past' and 'present'. I don't know how people miss these signs.
>>
>>139531583
'Kay. The season's over now, so I'll say it:

This cuck thing has gotten boring. Like, the obsession with it, 4chan's constant cry of "cuck, cuck!" like everyone's a goddamn rooster at sunrise ("cuck-a-doodle-doo!") and just this weird outrage in regards to this show in particular.

Seriously, your insecurities are showing, OP.
>>
>>139536393
Because Airi was inherently useless to the story for anything more than a morale support to the MC which was completely unnecessary because his mother being killed was support enough. At the end of the day it was obvious her only real purpose for being there was to make it so the MC doesn't wind up alone.
>>
Idk mate, it is far too much time, I don't even talk to anyone from my gradeschool anymore.
>>
>>139536439
Cuck rolls off the tongue better than NTR
>>
>>139536439
Cucks are the only ones who seem triggered by the word cuck.
>>
File: 25i0y6w.png (587 KB, 938x530) Image search: [Google]
25i0y6w.png
587 KB, 938x530
Pizza girl is based. Kayo a shit.
>>
People who defend the writing, will defend it until the end because they are Airi fags. It's not hard to notice the story took a massive nosedive near the end because of the events following the timeskip.
>>
>>139535600
This Sub is such a bulishit. He never said "you are pretty". What he actually said was "顔、きれいだな" which means "your face is clean (no bruises)"

But since "顔、きれいだな" can also be interpreted as "your face is pretty" depending on context and since that was the only line slipped out of his mouth, everyone misunderstood as he was telling Kayo she was pretty.

Translator should have been more clear about this part. MC never had any sort of romantic feeling toward Kayo.
>>
File: 444.gif (2 MB, 540x229) Image search: [Google]
444.gif
2 MB, 540x229
>>139536865
Baka nano
>>
>>139537111
your logic might work except for the fact he panics in his mind after saying it meaning he probably said the pretty face version
>>
>>139537211
They're the same version. He realized the way it would be interpreted and got embarrassed.
>>
>>139532723
She wouldn't get those 15 years if not for him.
Fuck her.
>>
>>139537296
all i'm seeing is a 10 year old boy wanting to dick his classmate
>>
>>139537299
Hiromi already did
>>
>>139537333
Maybe if you weren't hungry for 10 year old cock you could pick up some basic social skills
>>
>>139537429
i don't know how you got that idea in your head from reading my comment but you might have some problems anon
>>
File: 1416373812701.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1416373812701.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
>>139537299

>if you do a girl a kindness, she's obligated by default to save her ovaries for you
>>
>>139537111
>your face is clean (no bruises)
Despite the fact that that interpretation sounds stiff even in Japanese, it was never the case.
Her mother actively avoided bruising her face and Satoru never saw her face bruised.
>>
>>139538511
Episode 3? Her face was bruised up when Satoru found her in a little storage. That's why her mother shoved Kayo's face in the sink right after that while screaming she has to get rid of the bruises before Monday.
Even right before the "you're pretty" scene in ep 4, her mom almost smacked her in the face right in front of MC
>>
Threadly reminder that just because someone saves your life, it doesn't mean you have to be in a relationship with him.
>>
>>139531583

>Not waiting a decade and a half for a guy to come out of a coma (never mind that she didn't know when)
>Other guy is a cuckold

...really? Japan's the insane one here?
>>
File: 1457051444165.jpg (225 KB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
1457051444165.jpg
225 KB, 1400x900
I want to ERASE this shitfest from my memory
>>
Aira was already part of episode 1 and met Satoru and had a dinner with him and his mother at home before Satoru even remembered Kayo. Judging by the manga Hiromi's death actually traumatized him more than anything, aside from the Yuuki part, since he couldn't save him.
>>
File: 35262.jpg (120 KB, 750x1001) Image search: [Google]
35262.jpg
120 KB, 750x1001
>>139540459
*Airi
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.