[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goodnight Punpun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: aiko.png (679 KB, 582x577) Image search: [Google]
aiko.png
679 KB, 582x577
Just finished reading Oyasumi Punpun, what did you think of it?
>>
File: 003.jpg (83 KB, 728x1056) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
83 KB, 728x1056
Sachi best girl
Punpun doesnt deserve her
>>
>>139514169
I liked Punpun a lot up until he went fucking psycho
>>
>>139514169
>best girl
>had a kid with some other guy
Shame punpun ended as a cuck, raising some bastard child
>>
>>139513750
Chapters 1-99: Great
Everything afterwards: Shit
>>
>>139514352
At least you know from the start where you're getting into and she would have aborted if punpun didnt straight up leave

Plus her personality is so much better than aiko
>>
>>139514352
During the last bit Punpun says that he doesn't want the child to view him as it's father. Because Punpun prefers being alone.

>>139514414
I completely agree, the sudden change of direction was too much
>>
File: img000013.png (1 MB, 2272x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000013.png
1 MB, 2272x1600
It gave my depression depression.
>>139514169
Sachi is a fucking angel
>>
File: punpun_by_digidigi66-d687vyf.png (147 KB, 600x1029) Image search: [Google]
punpun_by_digidigi66-d687vyf.png
147 KB, 600x1029
i remember when i finished this shit i wanted to get a tattoo something like pic related
>>
>>139513750

pretentious garbage
>>
>>139515594
A girl on /r9k/ once posted a pic of her little punpun tattoo
>>
Waste of time, kept getting worse, characters should have remained kids
>>
>>139513750
Started great. Second act was quite downhill, especially with the self-hating whining Uncle (I thought he was a cool guy at first). Then teenage punpun turned into his uncle, and we got fucking 8 volumes of wallowing in your our shitty self-pity. At first I thought the mangaka was just a pretentious little faggot. Then after reading his interview, he just hated his reader base and wanted to mess with them. Pegasus thing had no meaning and he did it because he found it fun to write and draw, since the main story was something he had not all too much interest in.

Fuck this garbage that reddit praise as masterpiece today. Bad vibrations.
>>
>>139516288

>hated his reader base and wanted to mess with them

don't all artists hate their fans to a degree?
>>
>>139516400
Yeah, but they never let that hinder them to tell a good story (unless they have no good story to tell, or the editors intervene and fuck it up) were the readers could take something from.

Is not normal getting material that is from pure spite and gives no redeeming things in return for the time invested.

The mangaka just got mad at people for praising him so much for Solanin and expected Solanin in everything he wrote.
>>
>>139516619
I wonder how he feels about Punpun having better ratings than Solanin then, kek
>>
>>139516723
No idea if he is one to care about filthy gaijins. The nips hated Punpun, and it was them he wanted to shit on anyway. Edgy teenage angst is something westerners always gobble up. Not saying there´s anything wrong with teenage angst. It works great, when there´s a great story to be told. Example Onani Master Kurosawa.
>>
>>139514169
Well, she is quite her guardian angel and Asano's moral mouth throughout the story
>>
>>139516838
Onani Master Kurosawa is complete garbage.
Your taste is the problem.
>>
>>139513750
Cuck propaganda
>>
>>139517402
Sachi is a terrible person.
If you think she helped Punpun, you're deluded. That guy is such a faillure he couldn't even killed himself. The ending is terribly dark.
>>
>>139517825
>Sachi is a terrible person
How so?
>>
>>139517825
However, it IS implied that she's Punpun's guardian angel with the symbollic appearance of the starry sky throughout the series in the three stages of Punpun's decadence. She's almost the only one that tells him to stop deluding himself with a long lost love that wouldn't come close to what he expects (that made both involved essentialy broken people) to accept reality and change the paradigm of himself. She saved the world, in that sense.

How in hell is she a bad person?
>>
>>139517501
>ad hominem
We are all adults here. Do not get mad at me because you can´t downvote me reddit. How about why you tell me why OMK is garbage and Punpun is not?
>>
>>139513750
that art is ugly
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.