[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT evidence that anime fans don't actually care about animation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: really.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
ITT evidence that anime fans don't actually care about animation.
>>
>>139498440
How to make a show popular in 4 steps
1. powerlevels
2. girls
3. some bloods and deaths
4. edgy

who gives a fuck about animation?
>>
>post one of the most if not the most well-animated episode
KLK had so much boring disappointing shit but ep 1 was gorgeous

OP a shameful nigga
>>
basically every anime
>>
>>139498598
you forgot titty monsters
>>
File: Killlakillpromo.jpg (24 KB, 215x321) Image search: [Google]
Killlakillpromo.jpg
24 KB, 215x321
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/7957/animated-effects-kill_la_kill-liquid-masaru_sakamo

Seriously OP KLK ep 1 was goddamn fantastic. Art direction, storyboarding, lots of well-animated moments, good colors and introduced a universe that could have had absolutely amazing shit done with it and could have covered great themes. One of my favorite single episodes of any Imaishi show it was a goddamn blast to watch and made me think about just how good this show could be in the long run.

Then Nakashima had to pick a different "writing style" and "make up the themes as he went along instead of focusing on a main idea like Gurren Lagann" (I'm not fucking joking, he literally said this as if it were a good thing), the art got wonky and not in a good way with a lot of the lines looking like the goddamn Flash line tool, and the animation simply got either nonexistent or, when it happened, boring as shit. "Stylish anime autopilot" as opposed to actually being thoughtful and inventive and fun.

And holy shit the colors in the entirety of the final episode were disgusting. Compare it to the final episode of Panty & Stocking, a far less "serious" show made mainly to entertain the creators that just happened to sell merchandise really well, and you'll see how washed out and careless and shitty they look.
>>
>>139499004
Don't get me wrong there were stand-outs later on, ep 11 (IIRC) had some great shit in it. But as the show went on, week by week I got more and more disappointed especially in the second half. I was waiting for the cool shit they were saving for and it never really happened.

Senketsu Ryuko vs Satsuki was the saddest to me; it had moments that looked technically good but it was so goddamn uninventive. And yet it could have been AMAZING.
>>
If the series maintained the animation level of Episode 1 and didn't make some weird writing decisions it could have been TTGL-level.

Instead we got an average show hailed by Westerns because it was on adult swim and ceaselessly defended by idiots because they think that if you don't like it you're an SJW or whatever.

I give it a hard 5, soft 6.
>>
>evidence that anime fans don't actually care about animation
>post still images
>>
Proof that OP doesn't like sucking dick:
>>
>>139499503
It's weird to me how KLK is actually more popular than GL. I mean sure, it makes sense since there are more people on the internet now and into anime than there were when GL started and anime fans prefer to watch stuff that's airing, but GL just seems like a show that should appeal to a wider audience with its themes and presentation.

KLK barely even ahd themes. I wanted to figure out what it was about and what the clothing stuff ultimately boiled down to or was a metaphor of but the answer was "nothing", the writer chose no central idea to focus on and had no idea what he was doing.

When Simon gave his speech about "weaving the will of the fallen and the wishes of those who will follow into a double helix to drill a path towards tomorrow" you were like "yeah, that's what the show is about; the hope of the youth and the legacy left behind by the deceased coming together to do the impossible and advance humanity".

Then when Ryuko and Senketsu started screaming about how "WE ARE NEITHER CLOTHING NOR HUMAN, AND YET WE ARE BOTH CLOTHING AND HUMAN" or whatever it was fun to watch and listen to but if you thought about it you related more to Ragyo saying "what the everloving fuck are you talking about"

Also I kinda take back what I said earlier, the climax and end of the final ep of KLK had fine colors. But god damn the rest sucked.
>>
>>139500728
>>139499004
After all this shit though I'm still gonna say KLK has more moments of good animation than a lot of shows people say are "beautifully animated"

Hellsing Ultimate for example is an adaptation of a manga where the action is the main appeal. And yet the movement is mostly shitty as hell.
>>
Its the other way around, OP. Faggots will adore anime as long as it has wish-fulfillment and good animation.

Sword Art Online
Gurren Lagann
Fate/Zero

All terrible anime that casuals love because of the above conditions.
>>
>>139501144
Gee, it's like appealing parts of an anime garner a fanbase from the wider audience.
Holy fucking shit, you figured it out.
>>
File: 1458337991059.png (435 KB, 875x492) Image search: [Google]
1458337991059.png
435 KB, 875x492
>>139501371
Cut back on the sarcasm, buddy.
>>
>>139501546
Sorry, stupid whining irritates me.
>>
>>139501144
>wish-fulfillment
>Fate/Zero
>a show where everything goes wrong for everybody.
>>
Anons who say "x show is bad because style over substance"
>>
Spics, niggers, and Japanese children will watch Dragon Ball Super no matter what.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.