[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: nge.jpg (3 MB, 2614x1639) Image search: [Google]
nge.jpg
3 MB, 2614x1639
I just finished this series. It was decent minus the last 5 episodes. Why was the ending so shit?
>>
>>139497420
How was it shit?
>>
>>139497442
It just jumped off the deep end and got so pretentious that it was a bit of a chore to finish. Like I get it, these kids operate Eva's to feel validated but I was so much more interested in NERV and SEELE that the ambiguity of the ending annoyed me a bit.

Like we saw shots of Misato and Ritsuko dead but then the human instrumentality project starts up and gives a near 2 episode monologue about the philosophy of Shinji's existence and purpose.
>>
>>139497763
That's what EoE is for
>>
>>139497986
>The story is a alternate ending of the final two episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion tv series. It follows Shinji and Auska trying to prevent the occurance of Third Impact. Shinji still haunted in the death of Karou Nageisa is pressured in piloting Evangelion Unit-01; where Shinji is in the process of deciding whether or not humanity should continue to exist. While, Seele launches a dreadful attack on Nerv itself and given orders to kill all Nerv personal and aquring Eva-02 and Eva-01 in their hands. Their reason is to prevent Gendo Ikari to use Adam and Lilith to start third impact and gather his true intentions.

alright so i just looked it up and it sounds awesome. Pretty much something that I was looking for, thanks.

Although I am a little confused on the Lillith/Adam, Lance of Longinus, Rei/Kaoru storylines. Does it cover this?
>>
>>139498139
It will a bit, come back and ask any questions you have after and I'll try to explain it.

Pretty much the last two episodes is what's going on inside Shinji's head at the end of the story and EoE is what is happening in the real world/outside his head at the same time.
>>
Is the EoE manga worth buying at all or is it a straight adaptation of the series?
>>
>>139499927
>EoE
EVA*
Shit
>>
>>139497420
Millenial get out
>>
>>139499999
Nice quints
But everyone who's watched EVA is a millenial.
That includes you
>>
File: pepe.png (11 KB, 220x222) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
11 KB, 220x222
>>139500055
>implying there isn't some weeb who makes his kids watch anime all day
>>
>>139499927
>this question again
There are some differences. Kaji's history is a bit more fleshed out, for one. I could name more but I wouldn't want to spoil things. I found they were definitely worth it, anyway.

>>139499999
Nice digits.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.