[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the VA for Akari?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: mpv-shot0018.jpg (97 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0018.jpg
97 KB, 720x540
What do you think of the VA for Akari?
>>
HAH-HEE/10
>>
>>139493080
She's cute, just like Akari.
>>
Ho-hee
>>
When does the second OVA come out?
>>
>>139493080
SUTEKI
>>
needs more roles
>>
Can't speak for her vocal range but Akari was a terrible character.
>>
I-want-her-to-sing-lullabies-for-me/10
>>
>>139497754
>Akari was a terrible character
Explain.
>>
>>139497754
You're a terrible a character.
>>
>>139494281
It's been out. Just no subs yet.
>>
>>139497797
He just has shit taste, there is nothing to explain.
>>
>>139497797
One dimensional. All her interactions with different characters were essentially the same and it became very stale.
Consequentially, she became annoying after awhile.
>>
>>139497797
Probably thinks everything as to have >muh round and complex characters.
>>
>>139493080
EEEEEEEEEEEH?
>>
>>139497754
>>139497869
He's not wrong. Aria is not really about having strong characters, and very few of them ever have much depth or development.

Some shows are about plot, some are about characters, some are about theme, most are combinations of all of the above in different formulas. Aria is about iyashikei (a theme) and it's about mood. It doesn't need complex characters or plot in order to accomplish its goal. And its goal is to make the audience just feel good. Good about life, about themselves, about the world around them. Akari is not an interesting character, but she effectively fills her role as the font of infinite optimism.

Of course, that's not for everybody. Some people don't enjoy the particular formula of Aria, and that's both understandable and fair. Personally, Aria slowed down to the point of dragging several times for me. I wasn't sure I was gonna keep watching it until the bridge, and it was tough getting through the middle of season two. But god damn I'm glad I got to season three.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.