[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't this anime do the whole time discrepancy thing before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: voices001.png (220 KB, 300x395) Image search: [Google]
voices001.png
220 KB, 300x395
Didn't this anime do the whole time discrepancy thing before Interstellar did?
>>
Wew, and it's not like Gunbuster didn't do it like 20 years before this anime
>>
I think you're forgetting something important.
>>
>X was done before Y, therefore Y sucks!

how to spot a retard
>>
It's far from an uncommon theme in science fiction.
>>
>What is Gunbuster
>>
Anything that doesn't have a bullshit power of love end is automatically better than Interstellar.
>>
>>139486362

>Bullshit power of love

You know that's just the character's rationalization of the thing right?

If they guessed correctly and it's a stable time loop, the actual effort of the future humans is "Place a wormhole to a habitable system far enough from the planet to necessitate the use of the Endurance and similar craft" and "Pull relative of famous scientist into 4th dimensional space with sufficient computational power and observe his actions, Drop him back into real space when data has been conveyed."

Love had nothing to do with it; They needed him to Judas his way back to the one point in time that she'd seriously examine a binary indicator, and manufacture that encounter.

The power of love didn't do shit but make him naturally gravitate to his time with Murphy. No different than following a tagged animal back to his herd.

On topic, Time dilation's been in Science Fiction for ages. The Forever War was written in 1974, and that whole plot is about time dilation, all the way down to the MC's love interest jumping ships consecutively in an Successful attempt to live long enough to marry him.
>>
>>139484746
Day of release ?
>>
>>139488472
2003 I guess, Shinkai and her wife have done everything to finish that ova.
>>
>>139488537
*his
>>
IT ALSO DID THE WHOLE BEING A VIDEO THAT YOU CAN WATCH ON A SCREEN THING BEFORE INTERSTELLAR

HAH! TAKE THAT!
>>
I like Makoto Shinkai's latest anime better.

Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
>>
>>139484746
Wasn't VoaDS's time discrepancy caused by them being light years apart? Therefore the messages took years to send?

Interstellar's time discrepancy was caused by the actual dilation of time by gravity distortion.
>>
Just get fucking rekt OP.

>>139489107
>>139488749
>>139488353
>>139486239
>>139484812
>>139484816
>>
>>139486239
It's not really that common outside western novels/short stories, on anime there's Gunbuster, Strain, Hoshi no Koe and what else?
>>
>>139489886
Houkago No Pleiades
Dirty Pair
World of Narue
>>
A friend of mine thought that Jonathan Nolan might have watched this actually. Tars seems to be an uncommon name and was featured in both.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.