[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5
File: Gonn.png (2 MB, 1009x813) Image search: [Google]
Gonn.png
2 MB, 1009x813
What happened?
>>
Anime adapted Gon and Kite's relationship terribly. In the manga, he was shown to be very important in Gon's backstory and looked up to him as an older brother/hero character yet he was a mere acquaintance the way the anime portrayed him.
>>
>>139483951
He is crazy
>>
Someone he loved was killed, so he was enraged and not like his normal self.

Just like anyone in the world really.
>>
>>139483951

puberty
>>
>>139483951
He was just bluffing, he didn't actually want to kill Komugi.
>>
>>139483951
Kitooooooooooooh
>>
>>139483951
>How can you kill people who have nothing to do with you?
Pitou has everything to do with Gon though, it's like you didn't read or watch CA.
>>
>>139485045
Hes talking about killing Komugi
>>
>>139483951
ISn't Gon confirmed sociopath?
>>
>>139483951
He went crazy because someone he loved were harmed, he went full mad when he discover he is actually dead. Even if he wasn't actually dead.
>>
>>139485811

He's always been kinda fucked in the head like how in the Hunter Exam the Ninja gave up because he couldn't continue almost torturing him to force him to quit.
>>
>>139486291
love that ninja
>>
This is what happens when a beautiful cinnamon roll too perfect for this wold, too pure, has to confront real life grey morality where every choice is wrong.
>>
>>139485811
He shows some signs of empathy from time to time, like with Genthru and his friends, so I don't think he qualifies as a true sociopath. But his twisted sense of morality should be enough to argue that he's not normal.
>>
>>139485811
Maybe if you're retarded.
>>
>>139486739
What qualifies a sense of morality as twisted?
>>
>>139486739
Gon's integrity has been mostly that of "I will stand up for my friends, no matter what." This has been, of course, taken to the extreme, which is why many characters saw him as very dangers. Having no real concept of right or wrong, Gon is willing to do anything (kill a blind, dying girl) to help out a friend.

I think the bigger question is why he's like that. I am sure Mito would have inculcated some ethical code to Gon, but it seems it hasn't worked. Perhaps Gon's nature is intrinsic, with my theory being that for some reason DC humans (again with another theory, this time the theory that Gon's mother was a DC woman) act very similarly to Gon.
>>
>>139487276
If it deviates from the norm significantly, I would say it is twisted. In Gon's case, he doesn't care about the consequences of his actions, and instead of judging people for what they do, he judges them for how close they are to him.

>>139487582
>Gon's mother was a DC woman
That sounds interesting, and it wouldn't be a stretch if it turned out to be true.
I think the lack of morality comes from the fact that he grew up surrounded by animals, and because there were no children of his age on Whale Island.
The problem is that that would be true for Killua, as well. But at least he knows some basic social skills. Your theory would be great to explain the difference.
>>
>>139488699
Things deviating from the norm doesn't mean twisted.
>>
>>139484678
You are retarded. If it was bluff it would have been seen through his aura. You think Killua was worried for naught?
>>
>>139488822
You're right, and I didn't explain it properly.
In the case of Gon, his moral views are quite different from those of the rest of the characters. It's twisted in the sense that it contradicts the way the others think.
>>
>>139489864
Get the fuck over yourself. Morality is defined by the individual. It gets so damn annoying hearing people talk as if they know everything about how people think.

I want to fucking get revenge on someone who fucked me over and kill them, guess what? I think that's morally justifiable.

The problem is people have become so damn complacent and cocky in terms of how to define "norm" that they forget we're animals.
>>
>>139483951
>Back then Gon was the naive little kid but now Pitou is the boy with no worldly experience

Poetry.
>>
I'm surprised no one has tried to kill him on the basis of having an uncertain future. Insane potential with impossible to read intentions would surely raise concerns.
>>
>>139483951
Nothing at all. The entire arc Gon was focused on revenge. This is all perfectly in line with his character with that motivation. He's never once been the type of moral fag to have anything against killing, in itself. Mindless slaughter (like the Spiders) and making someone kill against their will (like Illumi) are the only things Gon expressed having an issue with.
>>
>>139490127
I don't think he's changed from then to "now". He'd still say the same thing to Chrollo.
>>
>>139490438
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

The best part of the arc is that it showed the truth about Revenge. Its the greatest form of peace and justice out there and the only reason it is "outlawed" in our society is because people think somehow judging someone in a room with complete strangers is better than just getting even.

The fucking world we live in is retarded.
>>
>>139487582
>Having no real concept of right or wrong, Gon is willing to do anything (kill a blind, dying girl) to help out a friend.
I think this is a gross oversimplification of his character. Gon knows right from wrong, but he apparently also knows those two concepts are worth jackshit when you're confronting the only person who can help you, and that person is trying to use a morality pet as a shield. It was a bullshit diversion, and Gon saw through it.
>>
>>139487582
>DC
Not familiar with this acronym. What's that?
>>
>>139490079
What? When did I say his actions weren't morally justifiable?
I was pointing out the fact that he doesn't view the world in the same light as the rest of the cast. Something that's pointed out a couple of times in the manga, as well.
>>
>>139491229
Do you read the manga?
>>
>>139490529
>Its the greatest form of peace and justice out there

Yeah anon. Revenge, which literally is something that you do AFTER the fact, is the greatest form of peace. Well done.
>>
So again when will this return to 'regular' publishing? How long do you guys think it'll last this time?
>>
>>139491283
Not all of it, I've watched the animes and started reading from there.
>>
>the wasted potential of this great shonen due to the author's constant masturbation practices
Damn, it feels so bad
>>
>>139491463
I really hope HxH got transfered to someone like Oda to give the series space, depth and constant publishing
>>
>>139490529
If you honestly think this is the message hxh was trying to send with that scene, I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>139483951
Puberty hit him like a train confirmed
>>
>>139490529
I knew we had lolis but who would've thought we also had teenage girls.

No anon, revenge is not justice, and grown men with an education sitting in a sterile room and making objective conclusions unaffected by emotions is closer to "justice" than a kid with a knife and high on adrenaline could ever hope to be.
>>
>>139485811
>>139486291
>>139486739
You ever wonder if Gon let Canary beat the shit out of him just to fuck with her psychologically? Also it is pretty fucked that no one cared with all those people dying in the hunter exams. In fact Gon was perfectly fine with Hisoka killing someone as bait so long as he could get the tag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sluBXwUTzA
>>
File: 1321767783365.jpg (64 KB, 492x491) Image search: [Google]
1321767783365.jpg
64 KB, 492x491
>>139491656
>unaffected by emotions
>objective conclusions

Now that IS funny.
>>
>>139491320
Yeah anon. Revenge, which literally is something that you do AFTER the fact, is the greatest form of peace. Well done.

Are you trying to say it is a problem you do it AFTER the fact?

Last I checked, revenge without a reason is insanity. I can't just kill someone for no reason. THEN I would be in the wrong, but if they did something that warranted them deserving of revenge (even if that revenge is death) then I am in the right.

That's how it works.

>>139491564
Please tell me what the "message" was? Last I checked, that message differs person to person.
>>
>>139491731
Actually I'm pretty sure he let Canary beat him because he felt like he should have been punished for what happened with Killua, just like with Kite.

Gon also reached out to Canary so I doubt he wanted to fuck with her.
>>
>>139491656
You sound like a real retard, that is nowhere near Justice.
>>
>>139491802
Are you 14?

I happen to be very curious about your age.
>>
>>139491781
That's the ideal they strive for. And they're closer to it by having years of experience, professional training and by not being related to the crime or victims.

But if you think you have all rights to be judge, jury and executioner then by all means you're free to do it, as long as you're not going to be too surprised when you get ridiculed outside an image board for holding these beliefs, or arrested yourself for upholding them.
>>
>>139483951
he was feeling edgy
>>
>>139491949
Nice one anon, but trying the age bs isn't going to retort anything I've said. I'm fucking 20 in college, so there you go right there.

My sense of Justice differs from the norm and all because of that you want to ask my age? As if age has any real role in this to begin with?

What's your age anon? I am very curious.
>>
>>139483951
Inconsistency
the writer has no idea what to make of his manga, the crew changes every time, the powers change all the time and there's no objectives.
>>
>>139491993
>That's the ideal they strive for. And they're closer to it by having years of experience, professional training and by not being related to the crime or victims.

I'm pretty sure jury duty trumps literally everything you just said. I was in a fucking jury and I know how people there (by my experience) didn't give much of a flying fuck.

You think strangers are better to judge people than you? The one who is the victim of the crime? The one who tasted the pain?

I don't think you realize the only true Justice is the one who was victimized can dish, everything else is just a ploy to respect the "morality" of the man/woman who did the initial pain.

THAT is why I say our sense of justice is wrong, they "strive" for that ideal?

Lets talk about corrupt judges, corrupt crimes and people sentenced to time in prison unjustly.

Let's talk about all the flaws in your sense of Justice anon.
>>
>>139492170
1/10 made me reply
>>
>>139492251
Honestly any troll that makes someone respond is automatically at least a 6/10.
>>
>>139492251
If you responded, he was a good troll.
>>
>>139491229
Dark Continent
>>
>>139491993
>That's the ideal they strive for

The ideal they strive for? Within that ideal, mankind is little different from any other beast in the wild. Are they to start handing out capital punishments for farming chickens? Beef? Or are humans more important? Which just brings us back to the whole "not being related to the victims" part of your little spiel.

How do you objectively analyze which morals are more important to uphold?

>>139492042
I'm 26. And I'm asking because you sound like a child. "Hurf durf revenge is da best shit ever". And misunderstanding that revenge is WEAKNESS. It is what people do after they have FAILED to protect the peace.
>>
>>139484130
Like fucking clockwork. OP wasn't even asking about that.
>>
>>139492531
Did you even read, the shit that retard is saying?, learn to read
>>
>>139492653
OP was just an attempt to start a HxH thread.
>>
>>139484343
Reality.
>>
>>139491889
Very elaborate post anon, I really like the part where you point out why I'm wrong and bring counter-points to prove that you're well documented in the subject.

If you're really interested in "justice" then at least read the basics like John Rawls or at Immanuel Kant before debating the concept on the internet.

>>139492221
>You think strangers are better to judge people than you? The one who is the victim of the crime? The one who tasted the pain?

Yes, that is what it means to be truly "just". By being as emotionally detached as possible from the crime and victims, you can make the most correct decision, even if that choice would otherwise hurt your feelings if you were involved. Read up on the "veil of ignorance".

>I don't think you realize the only true Justice is the one who was victimized can dish
You really have no idea what justice is, I recommend you to also read the ones I mentioned in my first part of the post.

>Lets talk about corrupt judges, corrupt crimes and people sentenced to time in prison unjustly.
Those too are errors in the system, because no man-made system can be executed perfectly. If that wasn't the case, we wouldn't be having crimes in the first place.

However they are a preferable alternative to your juvenile idea of justice.
>>
>>139493068
>you can make the most correct decision

In order to achieve what, exactly?
>>
>>139492748
>random commas all over the place
>learn to read

Looks like you should learn to proofread instead, bub.
>>
>>139493068
>the people who should be doing things are the ones who give the least amount of fucks about the outcome

this seems like very solid advice thankyou
>>
>>139493068
I take it you never heard of the tactic lawyers use to get "emotion" out of the jury?

The way you talk and preech about your sense of Justice is as if you think its the best even though anyone can point out millions of examples why ots wrong over the course of its existence.

It sounds to me like you'd rather at best fucking robots judging people.

No person can ever leave emotion out of a court room because we're human beings you fucking sociopath
>>
File: yolo.png (232 KB, 386x647) Image search: [Google]
yolo.png
232 KB, 386x647
>>139483951
Gon deserves nothing but death.
>>
>>139493934
You're losing the plot here kid. Keep track of what people are talking about.

The guy you're responding to is saying that it would be more just if the people who made the decisions had as little emotional connection with the subject.

Whereas you are now sperging about how it's impossible to do so. Not even remotely touching on what he's saying.
>>
>>139483951
What an asshole
>>
Was Pitou sorry when she apologized?
>>
>>139494188
>as little emotional connection as possible

Fixed.

In some ways what he's saying is correct. Some little babby faggot getting all butt frustrated and trying to Told somebody on the net as fast as possible, without even reading what the other guy is saying, isn't going to achieve that shit at all.
>>
>>139494109
>Pitou deserved nothing but death.
FTFY
>>
File: Pitou a cute.jpg (121 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Pitou a cute.jpg
121 KB, 1440x810
>>139494438
Pitou did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>139494530
ANd she can continue to do nothing wrong unto her death.
>>
>>139494438
Never has a death been so satisfying.
>>
>>139494188
Im not even the same anon you retard
>>
>>139494709
I don't give a shit who you are faggot. My post fucking stands.
>>
>>139483951
You can see the difference between Gon and Netero. When Netero sees Koomugi he decides to respect Meruem's wish, while Gon acts like an insane bastard about it.
>>
>>139494824
Well obviously. Netero had no emotional investment in any of this besides wanting a good fight.
>>
>>139494782
No it fucking doesn't pretentious little shit. What I said is factual and what you're spewing is nonsense
>>
>>139491802
>Please tell me what the "message" was? Last I checked, that message differs person to person.
Gon's actions were considered pointless, suicidal, and stupid by everyone. He could have walked away and the outcome would have been better for everyone. Pitou was not a danger to anyone at that state, and in fact their roles were reversed. Gon was the unreasonable murderous monster, while Pitou was an altruistic and caring human. All Gon did was needlessly cripple and almost kill himself. It's pretty much as anti-revenge as you can get.

That is, until Alluka was introduced and reversed everything. But still.
>>
Bit off topic, but I see Chrollo, so close enough...

How come Chrollo survives Zeno's massive meme blast (which looked like one of the post powerful attacks in the show, based on looks alone) with barely a scratch, when his daddy told him to kill both him and Chrollo (why ask his own son to kill him for a bit of money to kill a guy they didn't want to kill anyway?)? Silva's simple one handed emitter attack which knocked him down seemed to damage Chrollo much more.

Also doesn't Chrollo seem really over powered, since it sounds like he tries to steal any good ability he comes across and the Troupe most likely fights a lot of skilled people. Fights really seem to depend on which sort of technique you have and he could potentially have of hundreds of good ones.
>>
File: congrt.png (10 KB, 626x475) Image search: [Google]
congrt.png
10 KB, 626x475
>>139494965
k u win
>>
>>139495190
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>139495054
*Zeno's simple one handed emitter attack

Still a great scene. Hope to see more fights that these 3 are involved with in the future.

Bonus question: Could anyone aside from Feitan in PT (aside from Chrollo I suppose) have beaten Zazan? That edgy ""man""let also seems pr overpowered.
>>
>>139494284
Obviously she didn't regret anything for Gon's or Kite's sake but there had to have been some twinge of genuine pity, otherwise she really didn't have to say anything at all.
>>
>>139494284
As sorry as Sasuke was.
>>
>>139495256
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>139495413
Both Phinks and Bonolenov were confident to fight her, so they probably could. We don't know the full strength of either.
>>
>>139494284
she was sorry she didn't know about any bullshit nen powerups
>>
>>139494871
except he snackbars out of spite
>>
>>139495551
Eh, I don't see their blunt attacks damaging her tough skin that Feitan's sword charged up with most his aura got snapped by, without doing any damage. Also She was faster than him, who is the fastest in the Troupe, so they could have trouble surviving as long as he was Fei was able to. You're right though, not much point to speculate when we haven't seen the rest of their abilities.
>>
>>139483951
He's a hypocrite plus he was really pissed off that day.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.