[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwJ T6P9dNQY >There are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: moon_reflection.jpg (30 KB, 423x291) Image search: [Google]
moon_reflection.jpg
30 KB, 423x291
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwJT6P9dNQY

>There are people who never grew up watching Sailor Moon on before school TV blocks
>They never experienced following the romance between Serena and Darien and wondering how it will develop
>They will never see Zoicite as a sassy, strong independent woman
>Nor Luna as a stern, matronly mentor who grumbles and how kids are these days

How can we wake up from this reality?
>>
You can't. I first watched Sailor Moon in 2013 and I'm here to stay.
>>
>There are people that grew up with the DiC dub of Sailor Moon
>There are people that watch shitty dubs that Americanize names, censor fucking everything, change the music, attempt to add shitty unfitting morals and even skip entire episodes
>There are people who think this is acceptable

That sounds horrible
>>
Pick a Sailor Senshi
>>
File: transformation sequence go.gif (611 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
transformation sequence go.gif
611 KB, 500x373
>>139460825
Done
>>
>failor poon
kys out of /a/ with this greentext shit op
>>
>>139460781
>Implying the dub didn't put as much thought into adapting the names into English as appripriately as they could
>Implying we really needed the chanela episode or the one with the haunted house and that these don't just fuck with the pacing of the show
>Implying Moon's dub transformation music isn't more fitting
>>
File: Sailor Checkem.png (550 KB, 700x480) Image search: [Google]
Sailor Checkem.png
550 KB, 700x480
>>139460825

I don't care if she's a lesbian, she was my first crush on a character who was notably older than I was.
>>
>>139461427
She is pretty hot, I'll certainly give you that.
>>
>>139461427
I still can't get over how the dub turned her and Neptune into cousins. I mean it was still pretty clear they were lesbians but that just made them incestuous too.
>>
>>139460011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6_RZhh44NY

This shit is still hype
>>
I grew up with the swedish version.
>>
>>139461271
The Sailor Moon dub is not only iconic, but it's a downright example of localization done right.

Sadly I was born ~5 years too late to have grown up with it.
>>
is SMC today or next week?
>>
>>139467167
I'm surprised you feel this way. You're not the only person I've seen like this actually, but you rarely see people express a fondness for DiC Sailor Moon when they hadn't grown up watching it. I have seen a number of people who originally enjoyed the dub, sword themselves off it completely on discovering the Japanese versions of it, then later came to admit that parts of it weren't that bad once they got over being a weaboo.

https://youtu.be/h8TWC2pNiuc?t=24s

I mean, this is corny as all hell, but I can't deny that this really stands out as something uniquely iconic and crazy in its own right, in spite of all that was cut leading up to it, while the Japanese version didn't bother to make a new insert song.
>>
File: FLAWLESS.gif (650 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
FLAWLESS.gif
650 KB, 500x280
>>139460825
Ami or get the fuck out.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.