[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> there are legit idiots that think EoE is better than EoTV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: eva.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
eva.gif
2 MB, 500x375
> there are legit idiots that think EoE is better than EoTV

EoTV - the main characters resolve their issues and accept life for what it is alongside with all the pain that comes with it. a perfect cathartic ending

EoE - nonsensical christian imagery, endless screaming and undecipherable dreamlike sequences
>>
Not sure if bait, but I think the EoE ending is exactly what you thought TV was, accepting life for what it is, good and bad. Accepting Instrumentality is running away from that and choosing to live a dream life where you are happy and accepted and the void in your heart is filled. It's not even necessarily stated that it's the wrong choice. It's natural to want to escape discomfort and suffering, but on the other hand there is something distinctly human about enduring everything and growing through it. In the end Shinji and Asuka who thought that what they wanted most was to be happy and accepted, realized that they didn't want to give up who they were.

As for the nonsensical imagery and surrealness, I'm not gonna try to defend that. I get that there's artistic merit but personally I found it pretentious and heavy handed. Apart from the actual Instrumententality sequence which is where all the surreal shit happened, I liked EoE. The message was bittersweet and interesting.
>>
>>139410340
Is it true that Anno animated that himself?
>>
>>139410663
wish i knew

>>139410641
maybe i should've stated that EoE isn't crap. it's still somewhat loyal to the EoTV narrative and it has good parts that fill in the parts NGE rushed past (such as explaining how everyone at nerv died). but the fact that 90% of the dialogue in EoE is shinji screaming really ruins what EoE could've been

overall, it would've been best is gainax had more time and money to do a few extra NGE episodes containing the first half of EoE and ending it like they did
>>
I like both.

>>139410663
He's an animator, so why not?
>>
They are both a complete, beautiful package.
>>
>>139410663
Masayuki was in charge for 24 and EoE iirc. Don't remember about 25 and 26.

About what OP says, I like both, but the fact that EoE was two years after NGETV made it have some issues. Some stuff was changed, forgotten, or exaggerated, and there was new content with little to no foreshadowing in the show. They had to create the DCs after all to make NGETV more logical with the EoE events... thus creating some new plotholes in the process.

tl;dr Eva is far from being perfect, the lack of budget and time had consequences, but I love it anyway. Both endings.
>>
They're both trash. I fell for this retarded meme and wasted hours watching this crap. There were two or three decent episodes, the rest was shit. They could have cut out the bullshit and brought it down to ~6 episodes instead of 24+.
>>
>>139411731
>Sheri Le

What?
>>
>>139411487
> the fact that EoE was two years after NGETV made it have some issues. Some stuff was changed, forgotten, or exaggerated

basically this, anno's state of mind when making EoE was different that the one he has during NGE. eva lost it's "purity"
>>
>>139410340
https://youtu.be/1xXe46xi-wQ
>>
>>139411836
And not only his mental stability and his issues with depression, everyone changes over time. You're not the same 'you' you were a month ago: your views, your personality, your ideas... everything about you and what's in your mind change over time while interacting with the world. Your memories also change: everytime you 'remember' something, you're actually modifying. Not even mentioning false memories. All of this has been studied in psychological investigations over and over again. Anno, of course, is not an exception for this. It was to be expected Eva would change too, and that he would forget what was he trying to convey in every part of Eva, as not everything would be easy to see, and not everything would be actually written somewhere for him to remember it. I also remember in Schizo/Paranno he comented he was rewatching Eva and acted surprised over some stuff like 'X thing is magnific, did I really do that?'.
EoE would have been very different if it were to be created shortly after NGETV, having everything more 'fresh', and then more close to the original product.

btw what the fuck did just happened with the board? it was Ok a few ago...
>>
>>139411759
refresh the page and you'll see
>>
>>139411083
well EoE needed some physical to it, people wanted to see what the 3rd impact looked like. Or how it would be created. I think Anno is just really full of himself
>>
>>139412698
> english dub "fan" video with the plebest understanding of NGE as a counter argument
as expected of a EoEfag. sasuga pleb san
>>
>>139413063
someone can't enjoy things
>>
>>139413510
i don't enjoy shit and you shouldn't either
>>
>>139413643
here come the tears
>>
>>139410340
Both are good in their own way.

>>139411487
Eva isn't perfect but it's pretty close.
>>
EoE was great before instrumentality kicked in, asuka's fight was great and the build up to it excellent

Then it fucked up everything and became a complete mess

The TV ending was still disappointing but it gave a good conclusion to shinji's character arc and was somewhat uplifting

Tbh I wanted a final battle with eva 01
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.