[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gundam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: gundummmm.jpg (28 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
gundummmm.jpg
28 KB, 300x225
Where the hell should I start with this series? I feel like I've already ruined mecha for myself by watching GL and NGE without prior knowledge about mecha. Now that I'm going to play Muv Luv I really want to have some background knowledge.
>>
Ignore the elitists. Watch Wing first.
>>
>>139403081
watch the original series and the ovas that occur around the same timeline

ignore everything else

when you want to get serious make a thread on /m/
>>
File: 1436655314457.jpg (2 MB, 2800x3000) Image search: [Google]
1436655314457.jpg
2 MB, 2800x3000
go ham bud
>>
Release Order is absolutely the best way to go.
>>
0079, Zeta, ZZ, CCA in this order. 0079 has the compilation movies if you can't be bothered to watch the series. I personally think that the movies are sufficient in getting to know the setting and characters, but some of the content is cut from the series.
>>
>>139403206
I watched war in the pocket a long time ago and enjoyed the hell outta it.
Don't understand it much but that didn't matter.

i don't know if I can watch series that aren't Early UC.
Just won't feel the same.
>>
>>139403206
>Build Fighters
>focus on model building rather than war drama
Picked the fuck up. Never actually managed to finish a gundam before.
>>
Watch the shit ones first and save the best for last.
>>
Do you need to see anything else to understand Turn A?
might start with that first
>>
>>139403081
Watch orphans. Its a shit one, but might as well get a feel for it before you dive into one of the bigger ones.
>>
>>139403378
the other timelines get really retarded

you can watch the others just avoid gundam seed like the plague
>>
>>139403548
Is that the one with some guy called kira that the japs worship as a god?

Sorry but I must watch it.
Maybe not now but one oday.
>>
Start from the beginning. Fuck what >>139403372 says, watch the full series instead of the compilation movies. Release order or bust.

>>139403429
A big part of the appeal of Build Fighters/Try are the throwbacks to the previous series. You can watch both Build seasons (and Beginning G) without having ever seen a Gundam series before but you'll miss out on a lot of references, both in the Mobile Suits themselves and dialogue. Which is basically the main draw of Build Fighters anyways.
>>
>>139403676
Hardly. I have friends who started on Build Fighters and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. A couple of them even went back and watched MORE Gundam thanks to it then ended up rewatching Build Fighters to see what they missed the first time.

Don't listen to this faggot anon, if you wanna watch Build Fighters, watch Build Fighters. It's great.
>>
File: what right.jpg (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
what right.jpg
81 KB, 600x600
For Muv Luv you should also watch Gunbuster and Diebuster, Big O, Giant Robo and Initial D.
>>
The first one, 8th ms team

have a hard time with most of the others because they're either bad or feel overwhelmingly like something a girl would watch
>>
>>139403081
>Where the hell should I start with this series?
The beginning.
>>
File: 1447234769772.gif (2 MB, 270x180) Image search: [Google]
1447234769772.gif
2 MB, 270x180
>>139403805
>8th ms team
>"The person I fell in love with is on the enemy side, so I can't bring myself to fight anymore"
>"Even though I was ground fucking zero when they gassed a fucking colony"
>overwhelmingly like something a girl would watch
>>
>>139403081
Watch the UC timeline series and OVAs. With the exceptions of turn-A Gundam, G Gundam, and Gundam Wing, the rest are shit.
>>
>>139403910

about as lovey dovey or suave as g gundam
>>
production order works for almost everything ever
>>
I actually just watched some of Thunderbolt to get a small taste of the series and enjoyed it a lot. Before i start from the beginning, how does it compare to UC or other Gundam in general?
>>
Thanks for reminding me I've only bought the first two volumes of Origin. Got to collect them all.
>>
>>139403081
The actual best place to start these days is the Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin manga. Which is essentailly a superior version of the 0079 TV series. But it's pretty damned expensive.
>>
>>139403081
>Where the hell should I start with this series?
Airing order, like everything.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.