[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hellsing Ultimate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 560x315
Revisited the show and I don't really know if it still holds up, pacing was muddy, and some if not most of the characters besides the main cast were forgettable. Also thought the ending was a bland way to finish it off. I can't deny I still love the bloody action though (pun intended). Am I overthinking it or is it just not as good as everyone praises it to be?
>>
>>139400358
>try Hellsing
>get bored every time I try
It's strangely slow.
>>
I watched the original years back and only watched Ultimate recently. Ultimate is just stupid fun but the atmosphere is constantly ruined by their "comedy" bits inserted randomly throughout. Original OP still the best.
>>
>>139401393
I hated those comedy bits too because they weren't funny at all, but I did understand their purpose
>>
>>139401393
>Not the ED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7OIP1zK-Jc
It doesn't fit at all and I love it more for it
>>
>>139401566
Maybe if Ultimate was made in the current day, they'd replace them with some Seras fanservice.
>>
>>139401662
am I a piece of shit for wanting this
>>
>some if not most of the characters besides the main cast were forgettable
how many characters do you think there were
>>
>>139401393
The comedy bits were all Hirano. They even cut some out. Mostly ones with the Wild Geese being filthy mercenaries (one was the FMJ marching song).
>>
A reminder that Hirano smokes weed and so should you while watching hellsing. You'll get the humour.
>>
>>139400358

I still think it's pretty awesome, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. There's definitely issues with lack of characterization outside of the main characters (seriously, was Alucard the only operative that the Hellsing Organization had that could do anything in Hellsing Ultimate? Also, where's Seras' characterization in HU?) and the ending was a bit weak, but otherwise I think it's pretty damn good.
>>
I like Ultimate for the fight scenes and story but I like the TV series for the music.

Anyone else?
>>
>>139404531
>>139404591
You can't fuly comprehend how much of on a crack Hirano is until you check the under coves and end volume notes of the tankobon.

It's weird how I can't find any on internent though, same for Drifters.

>>139406602
I overal prefered Ultimate's music because it was more fitting.

Still, Yasushi for the win. Great to see he works on the Drifters Anime. Still would be stupid to talk about the TV series just for his few songs.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.