[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You may find this a strange question, but I'm afraid I do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: death-parade-02.png (4 MB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
death-parade-02.png
4 MB, 2880x1620
You may find this a strange question, but I'm afraid I do have to ask it.

What does /a/ think about Death Parade?
>>
EVERYBAHDY
PUT YUR HANDS UP

That's all I know. Dropped after the first two episodes. But good OP.
>>
Utter pretentious, faux-intellectual autism from start to finish.
>>
Overarching plot ruined it.
Should have stayed completely episodic.
>>
The first episode and the discussion on /a/ about it made me mad as shit so I dropped it.
cuck show
>>
>>139344636
I liked it.
>>
>>139344849
>>
Great OP. Had some fun episodes. Worth watching overall.

>>139344849
This is mostly true, but 'ruined' is a bit strong.
>>
>>139344803
How was it faux-intellectual? I mean nothing they said in the show was groundbreaking but it wasn't like they were arguing anything flawed. Momento mori is a pretty old viewpoint.
>>
>>139344636
Pretentious
Stupid
Boring

The op was probably op of the season and the artstyle and animation were pretty nice.
>>
I wanted it to be some kind of supernatural Bartender with the comfy and poignant stories of various people about their deaths, with some (after)world-building on the side.

I only got a fragment of both, and several subplots that went nowhere. It was on the whole, a rather unsatisfying story about a crapsack world where God is either dead or gone for unspecified reasons, and the afterlife is run by morons who have no idea what they're doing and don't give a flying fig about it.

But at least it had BOOM BOOM BOOM DANCING THROUGH THE SKIES.
>>
>>139345059
>But at least it had BOOM BOOM BOOM DANCING THROUGH THE SKIES.
truly a masterpiece
>>
It's really good but I hated the threads back when it was airing. At first it was funny, but then you couldn't enter a thread without seeing "cuck this", "cuck that", "cuck, cuck, cuck".

The thread when it aired the final episode was good, though.
>>
File: 1459289475698.gif (598 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1459289475698.gif
598 KB, 320x240
>>139344636
Pretty good. Good premise. Interesting style. Might make you cry or rage a bit. I liked it. Ignore haters.
>>
File: 1424588285614.jpg (301 KB, 740x1008) Image search: [Google]
1424588285614.jpg
301 KB, 740x1008
>>139344849
Japan rarely does episodic. Besides if they only fleshed out and gave some sort of better conclusion to the overarching plot it would have been fine. It was just a tiny bit of intrigue and then nothing. I did like the whole pairing a human with a doll thing though. That worked out fine.
>>
Watch it only for the opening
>>
It's shit. Good op tho.
>>
File: image.png (213 KB, 491x604) Image search: [Google]
image.png
213 KB, 491x604
It was pretty based.

Not memorable though.
>>
I watched the OVA after watching the series
wtf did the young man go to heaven? the old man was a faggot nazitard that deserved to go to hell anyway but why did the other dude go to heaven when he attempted murder ingame?
>>
>>139344636
Batman ossan best boy.
Plastic-chan best girl.
>>
Opening was completely different from how the series was. And I hated that because the opening was 10/10.
>>
>>139344636
Bradio/10
>>
>>139348539
Fucking this, holy shit.
>>
File: 1345451774281.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1345451774281.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
All this shit taste. DP was fucking great. Can pedantic idiots actually think of something intelligent to bitch about, or just say "lol it's shit"?
>>
>>139344931
I'll admit it was relatively pretentious, but that doesn't always mean a show was bad on those grounds alone. I'm with you on your sentiments, anon.
>>
>>139345059
>>139344849

This.

I fucking love the OP.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.