[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YYY is a COMPLETELY ORIGINAL anime that just happens to bear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 39719.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
39719.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
YYY is a COMPLETELY ORIGINAL anime that just happens to bear some cosmetic similarities with Madoka. It's an allegory for Japan's experiences in WW2 and how they eventually managed to overcome them and become the peaceloving, best-ever-swordmaking nation on earth.

Madoka meanwhile is a blatant ripoff of Kamen Rider Ryuki with some Evangelion, Bokurano, Card Captor Sakura, and Princess Tutu thrown in. Toei should've sued Shaft and Aniplex for everything they had.
>>
Except YuYuYu sucks ass and Madoka doesn't.
>>
>>139325743
/thread
>>
>>139325743
The only thing that sucks ass is your tastes faggot.
>>
>>139325865
No, yours.
>>
Not even a good director could salvage Madoka's cardboard characters and awful writing.
>>
>>139325677
Madoka wasn't that impressive. People always suck the cocks of shows that try to "deconstruct a genre". Characters were meh. Ending was way too vague. Never bothered watching the movies, but they best answer the ending.
>>
>>139325677
>It's an allegory for Japan's experiences in WW2

One of my favorite memes desu fampai.
>>
>>139326110
>Characters were meh. Ending was way too vague.
As much as I like Madoka, you're 100% right.
>>
>>139326244
Whoever wrote this shit first (because yeah, it's a copypasta) has absolutely no idea what Japan underwent during and after WW2. Especially since this anime goes "120% Nippon glory" while the end/postwar was nothing but a kick in the balls for Japan nationalism, and it still hurts to this day.
>>
>>139325677
Fuck off shitposter
>>
>>139325743
This.

Also
>best-ever-swordmaking nation on earth
might just be the worst bait I've seen this whole month.
>>
Having never seen this anime or read the thread text before clicking on OP image, my first through when looking at OP image was, "Oh, those look a lot like Madoka costumes."
>>
>>139327651
The green madoka is my favourite madoka
>>
File: itsuki-loli.png (455 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
itsuki-loli.png
455 KB, 1280x720
>>139327945
>>
Well, even if it were a Madoka ripoff: a better copy trumps a mediocre original.
>>
>>139325677
>Color coded magical girls with cute mascot familiars
>Completely original
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>139328030
But yyy isn't a better copy. The humour in it falls flat and the fights lack a certain amount of impact.
>>
>>139325677
False flagging: the post
>>
>>139325677
fuck off takahiro

most of your works are a flop
>>
>>139329841
Isn't it amazing that this one is the exception?
>>
>>139325677
>YYY comes out and is very similar to Madoka
>Madoka came out early and it is a ripoff
>YYY is original and Madoka isn't

The cognitive dissonance you have anon is greater than the distance between the Sun and Neptune.

You cant claim a show is original when you admit it copies an earlier unoriginal show.

Also YYY sucks and only you remember it.
>>
>>139331751
>>139329769
Search the picture, this post is usually about Madoka and how Shaft should have sued, any flaws in logic is based on the Madoka post, and yeah, this was probably a false flag since he didn't manage to get anyone mad last time
>>
>>139331574
Hey, what easier way to generate sales than piggybacking.

Akame ga Kill was also the Walmart version of Fate Zero.
>>
>>139325743
This.
>>
What does Yuuki Yuuna's bellybutton taste like?
>>
>tfw anime will never, fucking EVER, touch the quality of tokusatsu, which is already a low bar in quality (but still fun to watch)
>>
>>139333089
Tougou's saliva.
>>
>>139327651
They look way more like SAO than Madoka, really.
>>
>>139329699
You don't look for any of that in a Slice of Life.
You look for good characters and interactions, which is what this has.
>>
>>139333920
>You look for good characters and interactions, which is what this has.

YYY's characters and interactions were incredibly generic and uninteresting. We can say that Madoka's characters are simply mouth pieces for ideologies (as are most Urobuchi creations) but it's disingenuous to say YYY's characters and interactions were "good" just because they all went to school and had a club together.
>>
>>139335564
>were incredibly generic and uninteresting
If you played the Vita game, you wouldn't say that. They went out of their way to make the characters interesting.
>>
>>139326649
He's just a butthurt madotard mad that YYY will likely get a sequel whereas Shat is just "thinking about" continuing Madoka (more interested in milking Monogatari and Niseshit dry).
>>
>>139333920
>implying YYY is an SOL

I like NNB as much as any of us, but it's refreshing to once in a while see an anime actually go somewhere and stick to it till the end.
>>
>>139325743
Both suck ass, on different levels.
>>
The only people who compare YuYuYu to madoka are newfags who've only seen like ten anime. The only thing yuyuyu copied was the same mahou shoujo tropes which have been around forever and which madoka also copied.
>>
File: 1417129399058.jpg (536 KB, 1280x1374) Image search: [Google]
1417129399058.jpg
536 KB, 1280x1374
>>139327945
>>
File: every thread until you like it.jpg (676 KB, 1221x1000) Image search: [Google]
every thread until you like it.jpg
676 KB, 1221x1000
Why can't we all just get along?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.