[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I read the manga a while ago, is the anime worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: berserk.jpg (29 KB, 250x368) Image search: [Google]
berserk.jpg
29 KB, 250x368
So I read the manga a while ago, is the anime worth watching? should I do it? I heard people saying it doesn't make it justice and to avoid it.
>>
>>139289163
The anime is okay, but there's nothing there that wasn't in the manga. The movies are awful.
>>
>>139290381
>but there's nothing there that wasn't in the manga
Susumu Hirasawa
Good seiyuu
90s fantasy anime mood
>>
>>139289163
It's a fun watch but didn't have the budget to live up to the manga
>>
>>139289163
if you've read the manga then there's not much point, the anime basically exists just to advertise the manga

and both versions (old anime and new movies) only cover the golden age arc, and even then, they cut out LOADS of stuff (Wyald's fight in the Griffith rescue mission has yet to be animated ever, I am beyond mad)
new anime coming soon that will for the first time cover events AFTER the eclipse, but we have no idea how much, AND it could be filled with awful CGI judging by the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLMimcmxIdk
>>
>>139289163

The anime is worth watching for one reason, and here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n55QVlBoDxI
>>
File: soon.png (748 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
soon.png
748 KB, 1920x1080
>>139289163
The '97 anime has a lot of stills but the artwork is amazing, voice actors are very into it and susumus soundtracks are god tier. Definitively worth a watch.

As for the movies, the first two are a bit subpar because of the poor cgi but by the third movie they got the hang of it so you may watch the third one eventually.
>>
>>139290381
>>139290931
>>139291804
>>139293431
I think I'll watch the 97 anime then, already downloading
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.