[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Reading Steiner phenomenon explained at all, or is it just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: okarin.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
okarin.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
Is Reading Steiner phenomenon explained at all, or is it just a plot convenience to make Okabe suffer more? Why can he see changes in the timeline but others can only experience vague memories of them?
>>
>>139247595

Is basically just like Déjà vu or an innate sense of something being familiar. It's nothing special and everybody has the "ability".

The only reason Okabe remembered is because he was the center of everything and he was the one proactively trying to fix things.
>>
>>139247866
>this

Okabe basically just gave a basic function a fancy name to make it eccentric.
>>
File: drpepper.png (753 KB, 870x1110) Image search: [Google]
drpepper.png
753 KB, 870x1110
>>139247866
I remember Okabe at one point in the VN saying that the year Y2K happened he felt a sensation very simmillar to reading steiner. However, that was before he even started the lab or did any time travel experiments. How does he have a stronger Reading Steiner in comparison to other people, even before he took part in any time travel related experiments?
>>
<spoiler>everyone can have Reading Steiner as explained in Steins;Gate 0, which you haven't played yet you EOP</spoiler>
>>
>>139247866
Kurisu wanted to proactively fix things too whenever she heard about what was going on, but she doesn't remember better than anyone else. Being disconnected from causality by willpower alone doesn't really make any sense, given this is sci-fi.

Wouldn't his near death experience when he was a kid, or the fact that he's destined to time leap (in the same way others may be destined to die) be a more reasonable explanation?
>>
File: steins-gate_o_2645993.jpg (55 KB, 559x309) Image search: [Google]
steins-gate_o_2645993.jpg
55 KB, 559x309
>>139248545
Nice.
BTW, its explained in the original VN, not just Steins;Gate 0 (Have not played it yet)
>>
File: BRAIN FIRE.jpg (58 KB, 608x330) Image search: [Google]
BRAIN FIRE.jpg
58 KB, 608x330
>>139247595
>>
File: 1449285037030.png (707 KB, 1384x1384) Image search: [Google]
1449285037030.png
707 KB, 1384x1384
>>139248609
Those both strengthened his reading Steiner, but they didn't give him a new power so much as reinforce an ability everyone has.
>>
It's explained in 0 that it is an ability that everyone has and gets awakened because of reasons. Okabe's got awakened when he got encephalitis as a kid or something. One of the things that happens in 0 is that other people's Reading Steiners also get activated.
>>
>>139247595
No. It's litterally plot conveniance: the power.
>>
File: makise keep me posted.png (140 KB, 238x356) Image search: [Google]
makise keep me posted.png
140 KB, 238x356
>>139248657
>>
>>139247595

Play the VN.
>>
>>139254597
I did. I vaguely remember him mentioning something about experiencing something like RS in the year 2000, but it wasn't clear enough to confirm anything.
>>
>>139255027

He speculates that his extreme fever may have been linked to his experiences of Reading Steiner, but it's only speculation.
>>
>>139255569
What happened during 2000 that could have caused it? John Titor showed up there in one timeline, and the Y2K bug caused a massive divergence there as well.
>>
>>139248514
That experience, I believe, made him very "used to" the deja vu experience.

It's like being able to actively have lucid dreams, but with deja vu instead.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.