[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really that good? Is it worth reading despite this damn hiatus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: g001.jpg (259 KB, 870x1208) Image search: [Google]
g001.jpg
259 KB, 870x1208
Is it really that good? Is it worth reading despite this damn hiatus?
>>
MC is an OP version of Rance where all of his attacks are named after heavy-metal titles and bands
The fights are the low point since it's back and forth of "on no! is this the end of the MC?" only for the MC to put a new power out of his ass, kinda get repetitive

the artwork begins classic 80s but gets more boner inducing as the artwork changes

It has one of those "the fantasy world is just a post-apocalyptic sci-fi world" twist, but then twisted it again with "jk there are actual demons and angels, and they've come to fuck you up"

take of that as you will
>>
>>139239250
>Is it really that good?

Only the first volumes, which are the ones >>139239492 is talking about. Almost everything after the twist (which is actually a silly excuse for a genre shift) is garbage or utter garbage.
>>
>>139240201
can't really tell if they are garbage at all since after the twist there was only a handful of chapters of it before the hiatus.

sure the twist itself was stupid as fuck, but since this is OP heavy-metal Rance.
>>
Don't pick up anything that's on hiatus.
>>
>>139240363
>can't really tell if they are garbage at all since after the twist there was only a handful of chapters of it before the hiatus.

Dude, the twist/genre shift happened in vol 16 (IIRC), almost 10 volumes ago.

>sure the twist itself was stupid as fuck, but since this is OP heavy-metal Rance.

It wasn't just the twist itself, the manga turned into a sort of tragedy with some occasional comedy scenes, while before that it was the opposite. Which wouldn't have been a bad thing if fucking Hagiwara had any idea of what to do with the new setting. Hell, even the short story at the end of volume 19 made it seem like he knew what he had some ideas. Instead we have got...well, that thing.

BTW, in vol 24 WE BACK TO FANTASY NOW.

I really wish he would hire a ghostwriter and stop embarrassing himself.
>>
>>139240894
>on hiatus.
You mean, permanent hiatus. Still, I expect no less from Togashi's mentor.
>>
>>139240894
I don't mind hiatuses as long as the manga is quality.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.