[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we're all agreed that the English dub of Yu Yu Hakusho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
So we're all agreed that the English dub of Yu Yu Hakusho is the greatest shounen series of all time?
>>
No but the opening is as good as a dubbed OP gets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DehmPOkrtRc
>>
>>139210205
Watched the original Jap opening recently, it's not even something I'd call "good", never mind simply writing it off as inferior to the dub

>no
what is then?
>>
>>139210132
Its a top-tier shounen series, but not the greatest.
Dub is by far the best I've heard though.
>>
>>139210283
If not the best series, the Dark Tournament is the best arc all of shounen
>>
The dub is shit. They try to cram awful jokes into it that don't exist in the original.

Botan's voice is hot though.
>>
File: kevin.png (253 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
kevin.png
253 KB, 512x384
>>139210132
>>139210132
>>139210132
>>139210132
Keep it to the other thread
>>
>>139210623
>replacing needless exposition and redundant shit we already know with something that builds character and chemistry

it was a good move, shonen dialogue outside of the big moments is utter shit
>>
>>139210728
They do it on establishing shots and whenever you can't see the characters faces too.
>>
>>139210831
What's the problem? It's adding value as such shots are worthless filler in shounen
>>
>>139210132
Just finished (re)watching this with my kid last night. Maybe not the greatest shounen, but definitely the greatest battle shounen.
>>
>>139211121
I watched with my brother growing up and I we saw a few episodes again recently while he's back from uni

>Maybe not the greatest shounen,
What is then?
>>
HxH is up there too but the Ants arc takes up half the series and is really weak
>>
>>139210132
I'm surprised they aired YYH and Ruroni Kenshin during afterschool hours on Toonami.
>That episode where they censored the guy's cigarette so he just had a red speck dangling from his lips.
>>
>>139211222
What comes to mind is FMA or FMA:B. They might edge out the win for shounen in general, but they're really more of a drama/suspense story.
YYH is #1 for action/comedy, and honestly, those are probably the reasons to watch shounen in the first place.
>>
>>139212219
FMA shits the bed in the last 10 episodes
FMA B assumes you watched the first half of FMA

FMA B is just a shounen though, it doesn't do the horror/suspense/drama stuff as well or even at all like FMA
>>
WALKING IN A CROWD
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.