[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planning on writing an anki clone for android for my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1376788197568.jpg (209 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1376788197568.jpg
209 KB, 1280x720
I'm planning on writing an anki clone for android for my java class.

I was planning on high frequency words, mainly having diferent list using the top 100 most common words.

planning on having diferent lists based on word grammar function, like top common adverbs, adjectives, nouns, verbs, conjunctions, particles and articles.

planing on having diferent list with the top 10, top 20, top 50 and top 100 to make the learning easier.

was also planing on having a kana list and something inspired by the remembering kanji books.

Also planning on having bits of japanese slang.

Would /a/ be interested?

I'll be taking ideas if anyone wants to give some input.

This is more of a personal project to learn japanese if anything.
>>
>java
>>
>>139201786
it's for android bro.

you have to use java if you want to deploy for mobile.
>>
>>139201816
I didn't read the rest of your post and I'm not going to.
>>
Completely useless because Anki exists already and it is on every platform, including Android, with online deck syncing. If you wanted to make any specific deck like you plan to do, you can already do that.

>>139201816
>you have to use java if you want to deploy for mobile.
No, you don't. Android can run native, even if it is more involved than using Java.
>>
>>139201896
I know anki exists, but the decks are pretty bad and it's not intuitive enough.

Also It's for personal learning purposes and because I like to code stuff in java.

I will do it for me, but I want to know if some people will be into it.
>>
File: 1427543228532.jpg (188 KB, 485x687) Image search: [Google]
1427543228532.jpg
188 KB, 485x687
>>139201982
I doubt anyone would be interested in a less than half-assed Anki some new CS student thought was a good idea to make.
>>
>>139202136
I'm not some CS newfag.

I was simply joking about the java class.

I've done software before bro.

plus making something better than anki is not that hard.

anki is literally first baby java project in some intro CS class.

I'm sure there must be some feature anki lacks you wanna see.
>>
File: 1418144968016.png (451 KB, 635x720) Image search: [Google]
1418144968016.png
451 KB, 635x720
>>139202220
Not really.
>>
>>139202267
Oh well, was planning like having a bunch of vocabulary themed list.
like vegetables, groceries, office shit, buildings.

I'm more interested into making the top common word lists.

Will be fun to make I guess.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.