[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, holy shit. This is a really good show. I was in Japan a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Rakugo.jpg (74 KB, 324x450) Image search: [Google]
Rakugo.jpg
74 KB, 324x450
So, holy shit. This is a really good show. I was in Japan a few months ago and really regret not going to see some Rakugo while I was there.

The first Sukeroku did nothing wrong, by the way.
>>
>>139200908
Anime of the winter season for me
Really amazing show
>>
File: 1453496878671.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1453496878671.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
Josei is always great. Fight me if you disagree.
>>
>>139201270
Legit had no idea this was Josei. I never understand the eleven's arbitrary genre distinctions. Stuff like this is really universal if you ask me.
>>
>>139201270
I really have to get into josei more, Rakugo is AOTS for me and I just started Sakamichi no Apollon which I'm enjoying too (I was surprised to see some pages by the mangaka of Rakugo when I first opened a cbr file randomly, I think they're friends).
>>
File: JkD6cdXCnh.png (474 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JkD6cdXCnh.png
474 KB, 1280x720
>AOTS brought by DEEN
>>
>>139201270
Josei tends to have more realistic older women.I like it.
>>
>>139201360
They are demographies, not genres.
>>
>>139202300

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
>>
This is really fucking good. Not only is the plot interesting and the episodes not too dragging with the rakugo, but it also explains some ideas behind it. It does this all the while portraying a neat transition from the humble end of the Taishou era and start of Shouwa era to the vibrant period of post-war Japan dealing with the cultural outwashing of things like Rakugo.
It does all this with a dramatic yet heartful relationship between developed characters, all neatly animated and carefully taking the cinematic and artistic symbolism into consideration.
To sum it up, it showed an intereting story revolving around a niche artform, all the while being different and not really halting in quality compared to most other anime.
>>
>>139202776
>fucking good. Not only is the plot interesting and the episodes not too dragging with the rakugo, but it also explains some ideas behind it. It does this all the while portraying a neat transition from the humble end of the Taishou era and start of Shouwa era to the vibrant period of post-war Japan dealing with the cultural outwashing of things like Rakugo.
>It does all this with a dramatic yet heartful relationship between developed characters, all neatly animated and carefully taking the cinematic and artistic symbolism into consideration.
>To sum it up, it showed an intereting story revolving around a niche artform, all the while being different and not really halting in quality compared to most other anime.
Fuck off, nerd.
>>
>>139200908
DEEN fujoshit that bombed hard
>>
This show is for retards.

The way those two died was pathetic. Instead of trying to fight for their lives or protect the bitch, he forces kiku to drop them.
>>
>>139202967
Alright, but you're not getting my lunchmoney.
>>
>>139203164
You are the retard.
>>
>>139203164
Anon.. he lied
>>
>>139203164
Kill yourself kid
>>
>>139202300
>AOTY brought by DEEN
>>
>>139203164
>The way those two died was pathetic.
Yeah it was a little contrived. I couldn't help but laugh when the scene occurred.
>>
>>139203280
Kiku killed them?
>>
>>139203164
I really hope the anime makes it clear that Kiku is an unreliable narrator and is just lying.

I can't blame people for thinking the death is stupid, but you can't correct them without spoiling it, and it's a bit unfair to let people think less of such a good series when the death is actually much better written than the audience is first told.
>>
>>139203726
Get out of here and never come back until it finishes. Hopefully it will be revealed in the last episode but you will regret getting spoiled.
>>
>>139203726
Kiku is an unreliable narrator and lies straight into the face of Konatsu and Yotaro because he still cares for Miyokichi and genuinely wished that it had turned out as he told. The truth is that Miyokichi stabs Sukeroku and kid Konatsu pushes her over the balcony as Suke dies in Kikus arms. But Kiku cant really tell them this, until Volume 8. Im not sure if Miyo intended to stab Kiku with Sukeroku saving him or what though.
>>
>>139204224
>because he still cares for Miyokichi
Wouldn't it be because he cares for Konatsu and doesn't want to tell her such a shitty truth?
>>
>>139204489
Yeah, more likely. I suppose it is more of a feeling of regret. It is after all to a degree his fault that she turned batshit.
>>
>>139204646
I don't think it was his fault, she let herself obsess over someone who made it clear he wasn't interested and decided to go have a kid with a guy she didn't care for. She was just damaged and Kiku unfortunately bore the brunt of it.
>>
>>139204646
One of the saddest parts is that he underestimated how far gone Miyokichi was, and thought they all could mend their relationships and live like a happy family under one roof.
>>
>>139204855
I wouldn't expect someone to still be crazy over me after all that time and having a kid with another man either, she's insane. Kiku was way too kind wanting her to come with them though, she'd proven herself to be a shit mother who doesn't care about Konatsu and should've been left behind.
>>
File: konosuba6.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1414) Image search: [Google]
konosuba6.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1414
>>139200908
>the two best anime of the season were both DEEN
how could this happen?
>>
>>139202967
It's a good thing you quoted his text because otherwise I would have no idea as to what you were referring to.
>>
>>139205735
>konosuba
>best
lol
>>
>>139204993
Is not just that she is still obsessed with him but she doesn't even love her daughter she just see her husband and her daughter as obstacles that are in the way of attaining Kiku.
>>
>>139201270
>always
No.
>>
>>139206855
>lol
Fuck off.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.