[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else have basically no patience for the "generic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1350662909195.png (470 KB, 896x720) Image search: [Google]
1350662909195.png
470 KB, 896x720
Anyone else have basically no patience for the "generic short dark hair with no other traits" MCs? Is it that hard to come up with MC designs? I know there's plenty of series who don't follow this, but too many do, even series that seem like they'll be good or interesting instantly put me off because I just can't stomach this fucking shit anymore.
>>
>>139192866
You mean self insert MCs?
>>
What's the difference between main character and protagonist?
>>
File: 1455211390434.jpg (81 KB, 644x718) Image search: [Google]
1455211390434.jpg
81 KB, 644x718
>>139192866
Who cares how the guy looks other than women?
Character personality is more important to me
>>
>>139192866
How are people supposed to self insert if the MC isn't generic?
>>
>>139193132
It care, it's boring.
They don't even try cause it's a creatively bankrupted trope.
>>
>>139193282
Why do people gotta self insert into everything?
>>
yes but would you suck his dick?
>>
>>139192866
>I know there's plenty of series who don't follow this
then watch one of those series? I understand your base opinion but I don't get what the problem is here
>>
>>139193344
Because anime is mostly made for otakus who don't want to be entertained or have a deep / interesting story told to them with rich characters within them. They only want to live in a fantasy world filled with waifus that only fit generic archetypes and are willing to suck their cock every time when asked to even though they propably never take a shower.
>>
>>139192866
Silly OP, nips aren't natural blondes unless they are mixed blood and japan is too racist to have widespread ganjin protagonists.
>>
Do you want him to be some long multi-colored hair faggot? Why? As long as his personality is good that's all that matters.
>>
File: Beta-kun.jpg (2 MB, 950x1335) Image search: [Google]
Beta-kun.jpg
2 MB, 950x1335
>tfw this guy has more personality than a generic insert but said personality is legit wallbanger tier
>>
File: 1342353.jpg (104 KB, 357x751) Image search: [Google]
1342353.jpg
104 KB, 357x751
>>139195289
It's not the hair color, it's the flat boring design.
Picture related is even a step above OP's pic
>>
>>139195289
>As long as his personality is good that's all that matters.
why dont you read a book nigga
anime/manga are visual mediums
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.