[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm still mad about how hard he got wrecked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: yamamotos-bankai-zanka-no-tachi.jpg (176 KB, 1200x823) Image search: [Google]
yamamotos-bankai-zanka-no-tachi.jpg
176 KB, 1200x823
i'm still mad about how hard he got wrecked
>>
>>139188373
This entire Quincy arc has been shit. The enemy is disproportionately powerful. Spend so long setting the Shinigami up to be the powerful big back at the start, then the OP allies in the Aizen arcs and now they are nothing but scrubs.
>>
>>139188435
the shinigami have always been weak shit

pretty much just to show how much stronger ichigo and aizen and whoever are

god i really wanna see aizen just fucking molest the quincy
>>
>>139188522
The captains weren't laughable though, and they tore mundo's shit up when they broke in, even held their own against the arrancar respectably. Now they are just pitiful. I've been waiting to see the quincy molested this entire time but so far, it;s just been asspull after asspull to make them OP
>>
You wanted him to be only moderately wrecked, OP?
>>
File: 1456563585433.png (6 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
1456563585433.png
6 KB, 419x249
i wanted the old man rape train to continue for many miles more than it did
>>
File: 1423428325843.png (17 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1423428325843.png
17 KB, 100x100
There's actually no way to 1v1 the old man without using some sort of trick so it was to be expected honestly.
>>
>hyourinmaru is best ice zanpakuto
>sode no shirayuki exists

EXPLAIN THIS SHIT
>>
>>139188373
Is this your first long shonen? It doesn't matter how cool and awesome someone was supposed to be a billion volumes away, powerlevels just will go up and at some point you'll be weaker than the average bad guy grunt unless you are part of the MC party and are allowed to level up.
>>
>>139188934
Ice =/= Controlling temperatures in the air
>>
>>139188934
His sword is "Immature" or some shit. During his introduction, they made it sound like it's one of the most powerful things ever, but because he's a kid he can't use it fully yet.
>>
>>139188373
He was the most powerful character. We knew he would go down with some sort of cheap trick.
>>
>>139188435
>>139188522
>>139188661

TL;DR - Captains aren't weak. The Sternritter are overpowered, which isn't a BAD thing, but it is when it feels so out of place and unjustified.

I don't know, I think the main problem isn't the fact that the Quincy are strong. In fact, that was what made this arc exciting in the beginning (you forget because it's been years now and Bleach's weekly pacing is... horrendous). Captains were getting rekt from the getgo for the first time ever, and you actually got the feeling a lot of them were going to die. Some of them DID die.

The captains have always been strong. They prevailed in every single fight they enaged in, save Aizen (for obvious reasons). The thing that made Aizen so much more of a complete and entertaining villain was that he felt JUSTIFIED. He had been strong from the start, sure, but he planned and manipulated. He took steps to get stronger. He raised an army of Espada. He made a specific counter for Yamamoto. He created diversions. And yet he was still a final boss kind of strong at the end of the day. And we were all HAPPY with the fact that when push came to shove, he could basically solo the Shinigami and their allies.

(1 of 2)
>>
>>139190048

This, but still even if I knew that he's going to be defeated with some asspull, it still felt shitty
>>
>>139190120
Why is that different from the Quincy? The Quincy... eh, they feel silly. Gimmicky. Like the Espada perhaps, but with no real motivation or backstory of their own. Kubo did that kind of groundwork for the Espada throughout the Hueco Mundo arc. He showed us their world. Taught us how they were dejected, lonely, and respected only strength, since that's how they survived and gained consciousness. They had a pride to them. The Espada were good villains.

Kubo didn't lay that groundwork with the Sternritter. He did one flashback with Bazz-B far too late in the arc. The SR and Bach are just these sleeping giants that awoke and are wreaking havoc. They aren't even associated with the Quincy we already knew. This arc should have been about Ishida and his father. And Ishida has been in the background this entire time under this shallow "I'm a bad guy now" routine that nobody actually believed. As for the SR powers, they're abstract and thematic. If you know Jojo, it's like Bach took a stand arrow and stabbed all these wacky people and gave them ridiculous stand powers. And now these people can exceed captains. It just doesn't feel JUSTIFIED. You want a Quincy villain done right? Kirge Opie. Kubo played his best card first.

So yeah yeah, long ass ramble post, but the short of it isn't that captains aren't weak. Currently, ordinary captains are beating even the Elite Sternritter, who solo'd the Zero Division. Now, I think the ZD purposefully jobbed and will return as the next batch of villains, but until that happens, the Gotei 13 truly are the protectors of SS.

(2 of 2)
>>
File: 1423141246196.jpg (15 KB, 186x280) Image search: [Google]
1423141246196.jpg
15 KB, 186x280
>>139188373
Rape Culture thread?
Rape Culture thread.
>>
>>139189072
You're stupid. Yama is still in the top 5 strongest characters. He got off'd because of the bankai steal bullshit anyway.
>>
>>139190159
I agree with you on pretty much every single point, but I don't think ZD will return.

Isn't this mean to be the final arc anyway?

Also if the quincy have been watching all along is it possible they're under Kyoka Suigetsu?
>>
>>139188373
What's strange about his defeat is that he looked like he gave up when Yhwach did that "use sword to make a bow to make a sword" thing. Surely he could stop some measly Quincy arrow-sword with just shikai?
>>
>>139192420
First off, you have to consider that they had fought once before, and even with his Bankai then he couldn't kill him (although it was arguably imperfect at the time).

At that point Yama knew he couldn't win but he wouldn't back down either. As predicted in his volume poem, he died standing.
>>
>>139190120
>Captains aren't weak. The Sternritter are overpowered
This is pretty much what I was saying though.
>>
>>139188934
They're not wrong. Hyorinmaru is the best Ice Zanpakuto type.
Rukia is just an energy manipulation type since she's not controlling Ice but Temperature
>>
>>139192831

I wasn't meaning to disprove anything anyone said. I merely picked posts that had to do with my topic. I probably was agreeing with what points you made.

Just wanted to clarify.
>>
How else could Kubo show that Ywach has the maximum power and only Ichigo's two zanpakutous: Mary and Sue can beat him.
>>
>>139188373
Missing an arm is a 50% power loss, his pride was his downfall like yhwach said.
>>
>>139194462
What I want to know is why Ichigo's hollow decided to fuck off. I didn't think that was something you could integrate into you so seamlessly it stops showing up as another personality.
>>
File: bleach-5441829.jpg (82 KB, 800x1176) Image search: [Google]
bleach-5441829.jpg
82 KB, 800x1176
>>139190775

Aizen is either going to be the final boss, or the chaotic good guy who figured it all out a long time ago and was trying to stop what is now happening all along.

Which is why I think the Zero Division will return. It just makes no sense for them to get wiped without even a bankai. Plus, the monk sure was giving some shady vibes and cryptic responses. Bleach is nowhere close to being over, and the bad guy count is in the single digits as it is now.

The Zero Division have the Soul King's blood and bones injected straight into their bodies. They are sworn to protect the Soul King. And who absorbed the Soul King? Bach. They're coming back alright. We've still got the Fullbringers, and Ichigo and Ishida's dad to show up.
>>
>>139188373
Yamamoto is there just to job.

He was never intended to slay any foe that matters, that is Shonen Protas duty.
>>
>tfw Askin is dead
I was hoping he would survive till the end.
>>
>>139188934
Hyorinmaru is better than Sode no Shirayuki. SnS is a one-shot Bankai, whilst Hyorinmaru far more versatile. And just as powerful as well - Toshiro could instafreeze Espada and Sternritter the same way Rukia did.
>>
>>139188934
Rukia defeated a physically weak Sternritter after her brother countered his most powerful technique for her. That apparently means she's stronger than Hitsugaya.
>>
>>139188373
He's been getting wrecked for the whole series. In every damn arc, especially the filler arcs, the villain comes up with some way to take Yamamoto out of the picture. He's never been useful besides looking cool when defeating some underlings.
>>
>>139190775
>"I can see fucking everything"
>"even the hypnotic swo-OH SHIT"
>Aizen forces Yhwach to hand over all his powers
>Aizen realises his goal and becomes the new soul king
>Turns out he's pretty chill and everyone lives happily ever after
A man can dream.
>>
>>139195030
Also wasn't there that entire thing with hell and the arrancars who fell, some chapters back? Didn't the hell dude say he wanted to bring ichigo down or something? That hasn't been brought up again,
>>
>>139190048
Nope. Most powerful soul reaper is Ichibe.
>>
>>139195169
The whole battle was shit, urahara goes bankai and does barely anything and askin's death was lame and anti climatic.
Atleast there was Yoruichi.
>>
>>139197749

As fun as it was seeing her get a bit lewd in kitty form, it was pretty stupid to see a character I actually had quite a bit of respect for become just another Urahara puppet gag. And she got shut down just as quick as her lame ass brother. I would have rather seen her Zanpaktou (doubt we ever will now, if she even has one).
>>
>>139196122

His place on the War Potential list was due to his knowledge. That in and of itself can be synonymous with power, but not necessarily. Yama didn't make the list due to his stubborn pride, but he certainly rivaled or maybe even exceeded Ichibei in terms of raw power, in my opinion. Still, Ichibei probably could have shut down Old Man Genocide with one of his renaming tricks.
>>
>>139195962
I think that was just a promo for a movie or something, but im not sure.
>>
Could Yamamoto have defeated the Elite Stern Ritter? I feel like Yhwach could have sent them and they would have killed him.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.