[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, let's say you absolutely had to, and I mean no other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (109 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
109 KB, 1024x768
Ok, let's say you absolutely had to, and I mean no other alternative, but absolutely had to watch one of these two, just the first season, which would you choose? Which is less shitty and why?

Or would you rather sepeku
>>
Suicide.
>>
>>139160377
i kill myself
but if i had to choose
SAO it had its moments for the first few episodes
snk is garbage from beginning to end
gore is just not appealing without a good plot
>>
>>139160377
SAO.

I can also watch the entire thing because I'm not as easily triggered by some of the second arc's shit writing
>>
>>139160377
Both are good shows, /a/ hipsters demonizing them is irrelevant when much worse shows get praised around here.
>>
I liked the first season of both, SAO definitely falters halfway through, but it's not that bad.
And AOT is only 'bad' because it's mainstream and /a/ is full of hipster faggots.
>>
>>139160620
pretty much this
>>
>>139160620
nop
there is literally nothing worse than snk
>>
SNK was breddy gud. SAO is shit but it's really watchable because the studio put so much work into polishing it.
>>
Honestly, much worse would be marathoning WataMote. To self cringy for me. I dropped it 3 times...
Srsly you can't enjoy this, if you had problem with making friends...
>>
Attack on titan was watchable and fun at times
SAO was garbage after the first or second episode, I
>>
>>139160683
kel le kel
>>
>>139160377
SAO, I can tolerate the first half of season 1 at least
>>
>>139160620
They're mediocre shows, run of the mill. Sure they're not nearly as bad as /a/ makes them out to be but don't think that means they're anything more than average
>>
>>139160739
at least that one has fappable characters
snk has nothing
>>
>>139160377
SnK is better in every department. It's not good but it's better than SAO that's for sure.
>>
>>139160377
SnK, because SAO's first arc ran a couple weeks into its 2nd cour.
>>
>>139160377
I watched both entirely, and quite enjoyed them.
Titan ends to such a cliffhanger, that I'd rather watch the 1st arc (14 eps) of SAO though.
>>
>>139160795
>fapping to ow THE EDGE or manface Satsuki

wew. I guess Nonon is fappable until her voice kills the boner
>>
>>139160856
>art better than SAO
>>
>>139160377
SnK, I actually enjoyed it on my first viewing. Sure, there are better shows but it wasn't that bad. SAO was complete trash though
>>
>>139160910
Let me rectify:better in what matters.
>>
>>139160903
>her voice kills the boner
You have no class.
>>
>>139160979
>art not mattering if you don't have a meaningful plot and rely on gore for shock value
>>
File: delivery_man.png (538 KB, 650x893) Image search: [Google]
delivery_man.png
538 KB, 650x893
>>139160377
>>139160505
>>139160545
What's it like, being an enormous bitch?
Does whining about irrelevant shit give you a hard-on?
>>
>>139160988
her voice assists the boner
>>
>>139161128
Try another board
>>
>>139160377
SnK is better than SAO. SAO has fanfiction-tier writing where the main character is a Gary Stu self-insert. The production values look nicer than SnK, the music is nice, and the premise, while done before, is still interesting. However, the angst and masturbatory treatment of Kirito by every woman just kills it. Kirito, the shut-in programmer kid with no social skills calling himself a "beater", somehow amasses a harem. He's the only player who can dual wield. He's the one to end SAO by somehow coming back from the dead and winning. He saves everyone from ALO on top of that because all his skills just happen to transfer over. He's also the best player ever, and even his cousin wants to fuck him.

While SnK's production values aren't as high, the music is good, and is the premise. But I think it succeeds where SAO fails, and that's letting the main character be a failure. The moment Eren is shown to be able to transform into a Titan, I know that tripped a lot of people's "Special Snowflake" alarms, but I admit I was impressed how he was seemingly able to fuck up constantly in just about every situation after that. While the anime played up his rage and established who the "important" characters were earlier on, I can't say the same for the manga. He wasn't the one winning every fight, he was the one who was leading characters into their deaths and then retreating because he fucked up somehow. The anime did decide to throw him a bone at the end by having him actually beat the Female Titan, but having read the manga beforehand, I know he was supposed to fuck up again. Other characters who can become Titans kick his shit in, and he's not the best in anything, and I actually appreciate that.

Both are normalfag bait, but I think that only SnK is legitimately deserving of any kind of praise.
>>
Dude I already watched both and nobody had to force me.
>>
>>139161128
>>>/reddit/
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.