[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got around to watching this fairly recently. I personally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Kimi.ni.Todoke.jpg (173 KB, 1400x676) Image search: [Google]
Kimi.ni.Todoke.jpg
173 KB, 1400x676
I just got around to watching this fairly recently. I personally think it was one of the best romcom anime I have ever seen. What's the general consensus here?
>>
Sadako and Shota should get their shit together.
>>
>>139159907
Did you watch the second season?
>>
>>139160135
And read the manga. They almost broke up because they couldn't stand the awkwardness after they nearly kissed. For the sake of god.
>>
>>139160258
Oh shit, I didn't realize it kept going. Is it as adorable as the show? I really liked that other than Sadako's profound social retardation the whole thing felt somewhat realistic and less contrived than a lot of other romances. Plus seeing her be a social retard was pretty funny.
>>
>>139160258
this is a shit shoujo, and Im telling you all should just drop it. The manga is dead, yet the fags keep reading it because the mangaka just dont know how to quit. Been's scanlating for shoujo for years yet I do not understand why people have a high demand for this as if this is their first shoujo, while the good ones are left to die. Fuck the readers and the mangaka.
>>
>>139160135
>>139159907
Really enjoyed the first season, 2nd season felt like a drag, enjoyed more the interaction of secondary characters.
>>
>>139160514
I'll consider it if you consider making an actual argument against it. "It's shit" is not and never will be a real argument.
>>
>>139160514
this, the golden rule is that. Any shoujo with a modern and teenage romance premise to it should be limited under 100 chapters. The drama is fucking ridiculous long and exaggerate and it's just not worth the time to put into. I've seen so many shoujo that repeat this mistake over and over again.
>>
>>139160635
I can see that. I enjoyed watching her social maturation in the first season, the second season seemed a little more by the numbers romance.
>>
>>139160720
Although I have to disagree about the anime since it already ended, but the manga, definitely yes, it's suffering the same dilemma of long distance and indecisiveness, not that it's unrealistic, but it's really boring seeing it so many time. That's why usually drop my shoujo when I know it's going to be a long run.
>>
>>139160448
I don't know what to say. I think later manga Sadako is a much more relatable character, because she becomes more proactive and learns to express herself.

However, the main couple development has became stagnant and now the plot is mostly sustained by the secondary characters rather than Sadako and Shota. In fact, it is mostly sustained by Chizu and Ryo at the point where the translations stop.

>>139160514
I think that the college storyline showed some promise, but I agree that the story has clearly go beyond anything the author had planned and it's moving on its own, mostly sustained by the large cast.
>>
>>139160888
I don't necessarily see that as a terrible thing. One of the things I like about shoujo over romance typically directed at guys is that they're not terrified of having side couples/characters.

I find it boring as hell in most male oriented romances how every character exists for the sake of the mc.

I will say that it's pretty rare to see a manga that knows when the hell to end so I can see that happening here too.
>>
>>139160514
So, what superior Shoujo should I read/watch?
>>
>>139160514
>Been's scanlating for shoujo for years yet I do not understand why people have a high demand for this as if this is their first shoujo, while the good ones are left to die.
Can I ask for recommendations on "no yet another high school romance" kind of shoujo?
>>
Pacing was pretty bad.
>>
>>139160888
>However, the main couple development has became stagnant and now the plot is mostly sustained by the secondary characters rather than Sadako and Shota. In fact, it is mostly sustained by Chizu and Ryo at the point where the translations stop.

Reminds me of KareKano.
>>
>>139161067
Don't listen to him.
Shoujo is the pinnacle of manga romance.I can't get enough of it.
>>
>>139161234
>Shoujo is the pinnacle of manga romance.
THat's not saying much.
>>
>>139161447
It's saying a lot, because I pretty much read manga only for romance.
Though really seinen has better quality romances, I can't get enough of shoujo.
>>
>>139161050
Women are generally better at character driven stories, in any media.
>>
>>139161498
Seinen romances are usually more focused, but shoujo ones have more in-depth characters.
>>
>>139161553
Are most Shoujo writers women then? I don't really follow anime and manga culture too much, I just interact with the final product.
>>
>>139161666
There are some exceptions like Adachi, but most of them are indeed women.
>>
>>139161097
>>139161097

Right now I'm reading some Fantasy series so: From far away, and Basara.

if you want a decent high school one with a cut to the chase plot that doesnt drag out. then read Orange.
Don't limit to shoujo, there are plenty of better stuffs like Nodame.
>>
What anime is this from? It looks cool
>>
>>139161498
shoujo's romance is daydreaming drawn on paper which is like a fanfic. It's an escapism of real romance.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1080
>>139159384
I love it. I still haven't watched second season yet.
Sawako is so precious. All the side characters/side stories are really fun, too. I like that a lot of the story is Sawako making friends and coming into her own, and not just "this is love?"
>>
It's my favorite romance/comedy anime, it's not perfect but the characters make up for the bad things on the show.
>>
File: anonplease.jpg (73 KB, 764x327) Image search: [Google]
anonplease.jpg
73 KB, 764x327
>>139164561
>>
File: kimi-no-iru-machi-2430759.jpg (184 KB, 1200x879) Image search: [Google]
kimi-no-iru-machi-2430759.jpg
184 KB, 1200x879
>>139161959
If women can look more into from the men perspective then it would enhance the story a lot better. Men can't really into genuine romance most of the time, which usually result in things like Nisekoi tier or "that."
>>
>>139164695
Man, Sawako turned me into such a wiener. She would be getting all excited because someone was talking to her and I just wanted to pat her on the head and tell her everything was gonna be ok.
>>
>>139159384
>one of the best romcom anime
You can do better, senpai.
>>
>>139164650
Which is a good thing.
>>
>>139164650
I still like it more than stuff written for guys. I want to watch a bunch of characters interact, I don't want to watch a list of fetishes throw themselves at a boring blank slate mc.
>>
>>139167699
MY
SEASON
>>
>>139159384
it was okay,

so many of the plot point were basically drama created by a character interpreting certain scenarios like a retard, which got rather tiresome after the 4th or 5th time they tried to use it to continue the story.

>>139160258
basically shit like this
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.