[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When it was announced a few months ago that the rights transferred
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: o1966815.png (477 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
o1966815.png
477 KB, 1920x1080
When it was announced a few months ago that the rights transferred over I was not optimistic at all, but now that a sequel is official, I'm feeling a strange sensation of subdued, moderate hype. At this point I don't see much purpose in hating or whining like a bitch about it.

Most likely it will be like meeting an old friend again: Sure, it won't be the exactly same or as great as it was in the good ol' days, but overall it will be a refreshing experience. It's like welcoming something familiar and warm back into my life again, instead of fawning over the past repeatedly.

The internet's knee-jerk reaction to anything new is to hate it, and I understand this, but once you step back, revisit those characters, stories, and feelings again, you'll realize you want them back, even if it's not quite the same again. People reacted with the same hate to Yuki-chan, but I went into it with optimism, expecting it to be different-yet-familiar, and I ended up really liking it. I didn't care that it wasn't season 3, I was just so damn thankful to see those characters again, I hadn't realized how much I missed them. I don't feel quite as strongly for FLCL, but the new seasons are still going to be a fun ride I think.
>>
>>139158902
Yuki-chan was one of the worst shows that season though.
>>
File: kariwahlgren2.jpg (3 MB, 2336x3504) Image search: [Google]
kariwahlgren2.jpg
3 MB, 2336x3504
I can't wait to hear Kari Wahlgren's Haruko again. Funimation was smart enough to get the whole cast of Haruhi (including Kari) back together again for Yuki-chan, I'm sure they'll do the same for FLCL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHiKxrs31tA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ioMFlEk1iU
>>
>>139159298
Of course dubfags think this trainwreck-in-the-making is a good idea. Disgusting.
>>
File: notimpressednadia.png (103 KB, 257x250) Image search: [Google]
notimpressednadia.png
103 KB, 257x250
>>139159524
Of course /a/utistist automatically react with hate and anger about something they have next to no real info about. I mean what other emotions are they even capable of?
>>
>>139158902
>>139159298
>>139159671
Kill yourself.
>>
>>139159814
gee, that was a totally unexpected response.
>>
>>139158902
Somethings are better left finished. FLCL is entirely self contained there's no need for a sequel. This kind of nostalgia pandering only serves to harm the image of the original
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.