[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Live Action versions of Anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: Rurouni_Kenshin-0025.jpg (59 KB, 678x452) Image search: [Google]
Rurouni_Kenshin-0025.jpg
59 KB, 678x452
Not 100% sure this is the board for such a discussion, but I'm gonna start it here anyways, and see where it leads.

So, there have been quite a few manga/anime that have received Live Action adaptations. Some of them have been really good (example, Rurouni Kenshin), some have been entertaining yet not amazing (Ranma 1/2) and some have been outright terrible (Dragonball, no not the American one, though yes that one is even worse).

What are your guy's opinions on Live Action adaptations, and which ones are your favorites?
>>
I liked Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. Also, the Live Action Phoenix Wright movie was cheesy, but enjoyable
>>
Live action UBW, I want one and it would be everyone's favorites if it was made.
>>
>>139156880
UBW? What's that?
>>
Would anyone be interested in a stream of the Rurouni Kenshin films? I have them subbed and already in my google drive from a previous stream night, and wouldn't mind going through them again tonight, if people are interested
>>
Wew lad, Takeru Satoh really has come a long way since Den-O.
>>
Well, no one has replied, but I'm getting the stream up anyways. Everyone is welcome to join

https://instasync.com/r/HunterGreen
>>
>>139157898
Stream has started, for all interested.
>>
Anyone seen the yamato movie?
>>
File: otomen.jpg (54 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
otomen.jpg
54 KB, 500x396
>>139155886
I enjoyed Otomen, though it was quite different from the manga.

>>139156744
People say the Phoenix movie was good, but I really didn't like it at all. Everything just felt really awkward, and it didn't keep the tone of the series for me.

>>139156963
How new
>>
>>139158744
Sorry, my anime preferences tend towards Gundam, Macross and Patlabor, with some old school extras like Ranma and Kenshin. I don't visit this board a lot.

What is UBW?
>>
File: steel is my body.jpg (38 KB, 960x571) Image search: [Google]
steel is my body.jpg
38 KB, 960x571
>>139159664
Have you tried googling? Literally first result.

Fuck it, just because you have good taste Unlimited Blade Works
>>
>>139159742
Damn, that explains it... I kept trying to think of full titles, but I always think of that under FSN first when thinking of it.
>>
>>139155886
Nodame Cantabile all day every day. I haven't seen the assassination classroom movie but it looks decent. Yamada and the 7 witches was okay, at least the story ended unlike the manga. The Cromartie movie was really great for the first half, the second half was just a mess. I'm pretty sure I've seen one or two others, but they aren't coming to mind.
>>
>>139160282
I've been trying to find the LA Cromartie movie, just to finish off my stream of the series with next week... can't find it anywhere (with seeds, at least)

I might have to track down the Assassination Classroom movie, as I loved the manga (so sad it's over, great series), as well as the Yamada and the 7 Witches one (don't know anything about it, but hear decent things)
>>
>>139160450
you can find them all on bakabt
>>
>>139160552
I found it there, just not with any seeds... can't download what no one is seeding.
>>
>>139160706
sorry, it claims to have 6 seeds. you can probably put in a reseed request or something
>>
>>139160810
Those seed listings haven't been updated any time recently. I added all of them to my list, and they all read 0 seeds for days on end.
>>
>>139155886
>'I miss my time train.'
>>
Anyone watch the Nobunaga no Chef and Jin live action adaptions? Are they decent?
>>
Man, that Sanosuke fight in the first movie is fantastic... perfectly in character with the brief eating break in the middle of it.
>>
First movie is almost movie, second one coming up immediately afterward.
>>
File: speed-racer-53243eccc2b60.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
speed-racer-53243eccc2b60.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1426
Obligatory: Speed Racer. Fucking love that shit.

Jackie Chan's City Hunter is pretty entertaining, too.

>>139158672
Yes. It's not bad, but there was hardly any space battling in it. The introduction of the Yamato alone is worth watching, though.
>>
File: Why Can't I Hold All This Vomit.jpg (133 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
Why Can't I Hold All This Vomit.jpg
133 KB, 740x740
Usagi drop is good.
Until I read manga and I know what will happen to that cute girl....
>>
>>139156744

Had to drop it, that Maya was disgusting as hell.
>>
this series isn't an adaptation, but it's a really awesome show - Hero Yoshihiko, it's basically a humorous dragon quest parody. It has a very anime/gintama type feel to it
>>
The newest Lupin the IIIrd LA movie was ok. Felt kind of all over the place. I liked how they spoke english for some of the scenes though, was a nice touch. The dude they got to play Jigun and getting Frisbee from Redline to play Zenigata was amazing though.
>>
Those Kenshin live actions are fucking amazing man.
>>
>>139160282
AC movie had no budget, and they fucked everything up halfway, and unnecessarily spoiled the twist
>>
File: 64ab94ae9e453477.jpg (2 MB, 1920x3676) Image search: [Google]
64ab94ae9e453477.jpg
2 MB, 1920x3676
I hope someone sub the Moribito LA, it's the closest thing to know what happens after the anime/first novel
>>
>>139168880
that sounds good

>>139168742
sad to hear that. Maybe I'll skip it then
>>
>>139155886
DMC live action was horseshit, but the gintama girls were cute.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.