[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this shit? No seriously, what the fucking fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
What the fuck is this shit?
No seriously, what the fucking fuck is this?

How could they ruin the whole anime an open ending? It doesn't matter how good plot, characters, romance and all the songs were if in the end viewer was left with nothing but disappointment. I would probably be less mad even if Sheryl just lost. This shit should not be allowed.

Since Frontier was already a big commercial success I hope upcoming Delta will flop to pay for all the sins of Frontier.
>>
File: 1400251553150.jpg (26 KB, 370x347) Image search: [Google]
1400251553150.jpg
26 KB, 370x347
>>139154110
>Jap writers
>Good endings
A couple times a year at most.
>>
>>139154110
I hate open endings as well. Like I get why they're done for incomplete adaptions, but for originals, I don't see the point.

Thankfully they did resolve it in the movie version.
>>
>>139154110
Typical retarded shipper.
>>
The desire to pander to two audiences with conflicting desires usually leaves no one satisfied. Yet producers/writers keep doing it because they think they'll lose all support from one faction otherwise.
>>
>>139154110
Well sheryl wins in the movie adaption, you can go watch that and consider it the official ending, it was written by the same person.
>>
The only way to end Frontier that would be remotely satisfying would be for the girls to realize the dude has zero personality and is pretty much a walking plot device, get over him, and hook up with each other instead.

Oh well.
>>
>>139154110

watch the movies nigga.

ah... I still remember the shitstorms when the series ending aired, hilarious.

I think it was a good ending, goes in hand with the series themes.

but yeah, watch the movie nigga.
>>
>>139154401
>>139154514
>>139154718
Oh, thanks. Though I really don't feel too happy to watch the same thing for the second time.

I wonder if they decided to resolve things in the movie version after the fan backslash or it was planned from the very start to force fans to watch the show for the second time.

It reminds me Kyoto Animation with their biggest failure Munto. First they made completely unfinished OVA. Then they made completely unfinished TV by extending the original OVA's plot a little bit. And then they were like "Guys, do you want to see the real ending? Watch the fucking movie". And then it turned out they only added almost completely meaningless 40 seconds long scene at the end.
>>
Anyone else thinks the approach on the new Macross Walkure-something is dumb, even if it's the natural evolution of the whole idol-saves-the-world franchise theme?
>>
>>139154110
>open ending
Did you pay attention at all during the show? Sheryl won that shit unbelievably hard and if you couldn't catch that you're harem protagonist dense.
>>
>>139154945
>Though I really don't feel too happy to watch the same thing for the second time

While the very general plot structure is the same, the events and pacing are very different, similar to Do You Remember Love. The movies also have some of the best Frontier songs so its worth it for those.

I don't think the movies were necessarily planned as they were in advance, especially considering how surprised the creators were that Ranka was not the fan favorite
>>
>>139155756
They left it open enough that Rankafags could still cling to some measure of hope.
>>
>>139155927
Only through sheer delusion, Alto says like one fucking line to Ranka during the entirety of the last 4 episodes.
>>
>>139154945

movies are quite different.

They are way better in my opinion, go and watch them now.
>>
>>139155986
He also fucked Sheryl, stayed with her instead of following the rest of the SMS, and moved in with her. What chance did Ranka have?
>>
>>139154110
>he didn't watch 7
Now wait for Delta because it's going to be the same
>>
>watch the movie
But the 3rd movie isn't out yet she will woke up someday, right? ;_;
>>
>>139156462
>he didn't pay attention during the credits
>>
>>139156462
>she will woke up someday, right? ;_;
You do know she wakes up in the ending credits song, right?
>>
>>139154110
I'm still mad at the movie, that was suposed to give a proper end to the story and instead of that it only leaves an even more open end.
>>
>>139155986
And what about this scene where Alto speaks about rescuing and possibly killing Ranka? And also previously Sheryl said that Alto stays with her out of pity because of her brain cancer. He didn't choose anyone in TV series.
>>
Frontier TV ending....

Ranka goes to live with her brother

Sheryl goes home to get smashed all night by Alto
>>
>>139155871
I seriously can't understand how they thought people would pick Ranka over Sheryl.
>>
All these secondaries.
Why do they even want to watch Delta is they get mad over F?
>>
>>139156687
Alto used Ranka as his reason to fight and the dropped her by himself and choose Frontier as a real reason to fight.

Sheryl wasn't even necessary for him to do that. Alto discarded Ranka of his own volition
>>
>>139157302
They probably thought they were jumping onto the moemoe train with Ranka. I don't think they realized that putting a character like that next to a comparatively complex and mature character like Sheryl would end up highlighting all of Ranka's flaws.
>>
File: 1456188128537.png (405 KB, 739x719) Image search: [Google]
1456188128537.png
405 KB, 739x719
>>139154401
Yeah dude, those shippers sure are stupid. When has a love triangle ever been an important part of a Macross show?
>>
Are ranka fags STILL MAD?
>>
>>139157836
It's on par with the rage of noefags now
>>
>>139154110
>Open ending

Sheryl obviously won.
>>
>>139157836
Next are the freyjafags
>>
>>139157836
Its a natural law of the universe that Rankafags must be mad
>>
>>139154110
Most anime turn out to be 12-24 episode long commercials for their source material.
>>
>>139154110
Vajra Queen won. But seriously Sheryl ruled Alto's cock.
>>
MOTTEKEEEEE
>>
>>139157725
I don't think it's even that Sheryl was that good (though it didn't help), it's that Ranka and Alto never seemed to have much romantic chemistry. They felt way more like brother and sister to each other than possible romance options.

They did a much better job with Ranka in the movies. If Ranka had been like that all along (a bit more mature, already friends with Alto from the very beginning), I think it would have been a lot more even.
>>
>>139158305
Wat
>>
File: 1438871203343.png (258 KB, 549x560) Image search: [Google]
1438871203343.png
258 KB, 549x560
>>139158772
It's not exactly uncommon for people here to reply to threads about anime they know nothing about. He probably assumed this thread was about a manga/LN adaptation?
>>
Should I still watch the series or should I just stick to the movies?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.