[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me somebody, how much does this upcomming MAPPA m
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: gibe.png (357 KB, 1000x386) Image search: [Google]
gibe.png
357 KB, 1000x386
Explain to me somebody, how much does this upcomming MAPPA movie should cost? They crowdfunded just $320.000 but it looks like a Ghibli work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8bxTEMIpY
>>
The crowdfunding isn't 100% of the budget obviously.
>>
>>139143781
1. anime cost around 1-1.8 million for 1 cour.
2. Side project for MAPPA
3. Longer time frame to produce the movie compared seasonal anime.
4. Doesn't look a ghibi film, more like something out of studio colorido.
5. Eg. movie length is 1hr 40min =100min of animation. Average 1.6million for 240min for season animation. So about 400-600k for this movie.

6.Mappa could reduce the cost because of using in-house resources and pre-production being completely prep'd.

>>139144593
And this.
>>
>>139144753
>anime cost around 1-1.8 million for 1 cour
Wrong.
>>
>>139143781
My god, is this one getting an anime ?. I read the manga solid 10/10.
>>
W-what manga is this?
>>
Wait, this was crowdfunded? Now I'm doubly disappointed in /a/. First for having found out about it elsewhere, and second for not knowing it was crowdfunded, I'd throw all my money at them.

>>139145428
I know, right? And the movie looks amazing. Second best thing that could've happened after Ghibli actually adapting it.

>>139145581
Just the best goddamn WWII manga out there, no biggie. It's Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni. You should read it if you're into this kind of manga at all. Though probably start with Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms by the same mangaka(if you haven't already), they aren't related, but they share some of the same themes, and doing it the other way might be a bit disappointing(not to mention depressing).
>>
Just noticed, Matsubara Hidenori announced this year he's working on KonoSekai.
It was already known he was chief AD from the crowdfunding meetings, but it's good to have confirmation.
Since there's no character designer credit I imagine he's working of Uratani Chie's layouts.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.