[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that pic related is the worst part? Not that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Volume_67.jpg (233 KB, 868x1375) Image search: [Google]
Volume_67.jpg
233 KB, 868x1375
Can we all agree that pic related is the worst part? Not that it's god awful, but out of all 8 it's by far the least enjoyable.

>mostly boring fights, especially Dragon's Dream, with Planet Waves and Marilyn Manson being the coolest
>lovable but underutilized characters (FF in particular, having her reduced to a mere gun character with only one fight felt fucking cheap)
>hermes is the shittiest sidekick to date
>not a whole lot of eyecandy, in fact the anatomy is jarringly bad in some areas
>Jolyne's stand, although cleverly used, feels very limited and unmemorable compared to all the previous MC stands
>absurd instance of deus ex machina in the very last fight where Emporio uses WR's disc to kill Pucci
>asspull ending that leaves a sour taste in your mouth

What could've been done better?
>>
>worse part

That's not Part 5, faggot.
>>
5 and 6 are both shit.
>>
>>139143706
5 is the worst
cmon anons what a fucking shit taste
>>
>>139145748
>>139146081
>>139147708
explain why you didn't like part 5 without mentioning the translation
>>
>>139145748
>>139146081
>>139147708
Part 5 was only bad because of the shitty translation. Everything besides the ending is practically god tier
>>
>>139145748
>>139146081
>>139147708
Part 5 has too many good fights to be worse than 6.
>>
>>139148075
>>139148110
>>139148214
Giorno is the least engaging protagonist despite having one of the best supporting casts (Bruno, Mista, and Narancia are all so great to read.)
Diavolo is easily the least engaging villain. Dio was simple, but at least he was enjoyably hammy and crazy. Diavolo had me bored every fight.
Gold Experience Requiem was even more of an asspull than Star Platinum magically also being able to stop time.
PolPol returns, the most overrated Part 3 character.
Koichi returns, the most overrated Part 4 character.
Those are my reasons for not liking Part 5. Tying to blame it on the bad translations would be like saying Part 4 was bad because Duwang exists.
>>
>>139143706
Fuck you, it's my favorite part.
>>
>>139143706
>mostly boring fights, especially Dragon's Dream, with Planet Waves and Marilyn Manson being the coolest
I mostly just enjoyed how part 6 showed how much personal struggle Jolyne has to endure. It's all about guts.

>not a whole lot of eyecandy, in fact the anatomy is jarringly bad in some areas
What are parts 1, 2, 3?
Also
>they're women so they need to look hot and sexy!!!!
right.

>Jolyne's stand, although cleverly used, feels very limited and unmemorable compared to all the previous MC stands
To me, Josuke's Restoration and Giorno's life-giving abilities are pretty bland.

I liked it because it's different from the other endings.
>>
>>139148544
I agree with all your points except 2 of them.
I like Josuke's power because it wasn't JUST restoration, he could rearrange things when they got put back together so it was more interesting.
And I dislike the ending because Foo probably got reincarnated as plankton again instead of as a person like all of the other heroes. Fuck that. I want my Foo SAS figure and a playable appearance in a game.
>>
>>139148453
>Giorno is the least engaging protagonist
And you'll notice he gets fuck-all focus. He's barely a protagonist because he's barely a JoJo.

Also fuck you, Diavolo was cool just for KC, even if the final fight with him was kinda shit compared to the rest of the main villain fights.
>>
>>139148660
King Crimson was cool. Diavolo was boring.
Just like how Jotaro was pretty boring in part 3 but I loved Star Platinum.
>>
>>139143706
Part 3 is objectively the most boring part
>>
File: left leg.jpg (574 KB, 1560x1200) Image search: [Google]
left leg.jpg
574 KB, 1560x1200
>>139148544
Parts 1 and 2 did look bad, but I'd like to think Araki was just new to the whole mangaka thing and was trying to come up with his own style, so I forgive. Late part 3 looks amazing though, no clue what you're talking about.

Also when I say the anatomy is jarringly bad I'm mostly referring to stuff like pic related. Women don't ''need to look hot and sexy'' but they should at least look human.
>>
https :// teespring dot com forward slash du-wang
shilling this DU-WANG shirt I found.
>>
Part 6 has pucci
>>
>>139143706
Opinions. There were some really out there powers that made for some really interesting fight scenarios, like Jail House Lock and Limp Bizkit.
>lovable but underutilized characters (FF in particular, having her reduced to a mere gun character with only one fight felt fucking cheap)
Ok, I agree on this. They made Jolyne's party way too big without letting them focus on enough of them.
>hermes is the shittiest sidekick to date
Nah, Hermes is just in the same boat of underutilized. Her stuff with Jolyne as well as her killing Limp Bizkit's user and her fight against Highway to Hell were interesting.
The fuck does that even mean? Fist off the anatomy is the same as literally any other Jojo part, and what do you mean by eyecandy? That the girls werent shonen titty monsters?
Stone Free was the most interesting protagonist stand so far. Star Platinum was a punch machine that asspulled a time stop power, Crazy Diamond fixed stuff and sometimes rearranged things, Gold Experience had the bullshit life giving powers and GER was an even bigger asspull. Jolyne's was the best through sheer creativity of use.
>absurd instance of deus ex machina in the very last fight where Emporio uses WR's disc to kill Pucci
Ah yes because Jojo's Bizarre Adventure NEVER uses asspulls
See above.
>>
>>139148925
Araki wasn't a newcomer when he started Jojo, though. He'd been serialized for several years already with a few short and kinda shit series.
>>
>>139148925
M8 I'm pretty sure people were turning into snails in your pic
>>
>>139149193
Her left leg. Fucking look.
what the fuck is her ass doing up there.
>>
You gotta admit Araki's art got pretty messy around part 6. Good thing he got better.
>>
File: tusk4.png (775 KB, 1752x1400) Image search: [Google]
tusk4.png
775 KB, 1752x1400
>>139149081
Pic related is what I was referring to when I said eye candy. Beautiful, detailed artwork. I felt like Part 6 had the least ''beauty'' to offer in terms of art. Some of the covers still look fantastic though, I'll give it that.
>>
>>139149333
Also I still don't know if Araki wanted to introduce elf people at some point, or he just decided to draw random people's ears pointy for no reason or he fucked up drawing them.
I mean if he had introduced elf people it wouldn't even had been the most bizarre thing to happen in that part.
>>
https : // teespring dot com forward slash du-wang
>>
Your best JoJo's
http://strawpoll.me/7193969/
>>
Worst thing about part 6 are early shit scans. I wish someone could redo it.
I know part 5 is far worse but there's this guys working on it.
>>
>>139143706
No, it's the second best part faggot. Jolyne a best.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.