[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is fate so much more popular than tsukihime? Is it because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: tsukihime.jpg (85 KB, 909x1000) Image search: [Google]
tsukihime.jpg
85 KB, 909x1000
Why is fate so much more popular than tsukihime?

Is it because the MC's first reaction to the blonde waifu is to slice her into bits instead of telling her to stay in the kitchen like shirou did?
>>
Because one got an anime adaptation and the other didn't. That's why it's popular.
>>
>>139139550
>Why is fate so much more popular than tsukihime?

Because historical figures? A servant-caster system? Very detailed catergorization system on the abilities and rankings of characters which make autists cum like no tomorrow?
>>
It was animated first, right?

Or you can blame muh patriarchy, whatever
>>
>>139139550
no its because tsukihime is shit, and fate did it all better.
>>
>>139139550
fate has autistic powerlevel wank complete with asspull finishing moves and hides the edge a lot better so you can more easily make spinoffs that are shounen as hell
>>
>>139139615
Fate was popular before the anime.
>>
>>139139550
which one was translated first?
>>
Tsukihime is decent visual novel but fate is way better. I think its mostly because tsukihime is older so waiting for remake it has potential to be way better than fate
>>
>>139139550
Because, as a VN, Fate is better. Of course, if both of them came out in the same year, tsukihime could have been more popular or at least have more praise than now.
>>
>>139142368
>Because, as a VN, Fate is better.
fates autistic powerlevel shit and it's in-depth explanations on that stuff was lame as hell and it makes the first several hours of fate almost unreadable

shirou is a completely unrealatable main character while shiki at least appears to be an average dude before shit hits the fan, and more importantly fate is just isn't edgy enough
>>
>>139143073
>it's in-depth explanations on that stuff was lame as hell

>in-depth explanations
>lame as hell
>>
>>139143245
I'm talking about the stupid as hell magic/servant stat stuff that doesn't actually matter because they just make up shit as they go along but gets tons of focus in the early bits of fate
>>
File: 1450631322863.jpg (130 KB, 1200x1710) Image search: [Google]
1450631322863.jpg
130 KB, 1200x1710
Because Fate is several orders of magnitude easier to write. The only characters who actually matter are already written. They just add "BUT HE WAS ACTUALLY A CUTE TEENAGE GIRL' to the end and draw a stock anime girl.

Here's an example:
"Bartholomew Roberts" + "WAS ACTUALLY A CUTE TEENAGE GIRL" + (pic)
Bam. You have your Saber for the next remake. That took me maybe the whole of fifteen seconds.
>>
>>139143360
It's called worldbuilding you shitcunt
>>
>>139143382
>Bartholomew Roberts
>Nana
>not Mikan
Shit pic 0/10 would not commit piracy with.
>>
File: 1454477410160.jpg (2 MB, 2617x4336) Image search: [Google]
1454477410160.jpg
2 MB, 2617x4336
Because Tsuki is a downgraded KnK with harem.
KnK is still popular while Tsuki has been forgotten
>>
>>139143395
it's not world building if it's not actually relevant to anything that happens.

more importantly flavor is nice but it needs to come with meat, the thing that you eat to get the flavor. front loading your story with literal hours of bullshit universe rules and backstory is a dumb idea

in tsukihime it takes all of an hour for shiki to rapemurder someone after a bunch of world/character building stuff, in fate nothing at all happens until day 3/4 AND you have the entire rin prologue to go through first
>>
>>139139550

Tsukihime is edgy as fuck and MC is even worse than Shirou.

Fate has well known heroes from all over the world and video game stats retards love so much.
>>
>>139139550

They are both the weakest out of Nasu's works. By far.

All the magus battles in Fate are better than servants battles which is just hilarious.
>>
>>139142368
I actually agree with this. I think tsukihime has the better story by far but as a VN Fate is much better and memorable.
>>
>>139143073
>shirou is a completely unrealatable main character

Yeah, and that's what makes him interesting. He's not made for you to self-insert into.
>>
Tsuki is just such a 90s game.
>>
>>139139631
It's injustice thou. We have had so many adaptations of Fate but beyond Carnival, there is still no Tsukihime anime. Why live?
>>
>>139143814
There's a manga.
>>
>>139143073
I said as a VN, not about the story.
>>
Fate is complete garbage but it's more recent and good-looking, hence popular.
Actual quality was never part of the equation.
>>
File: This was 4 years ago.jpg (1 MB, 2876x4096) Image search: [Google]
This was 4 years ago.jpg
1 MB, 2876x4096
Why is the Tsukihime remake taking so long? It was announced in 2008, and all we've seen since then are some character designs and backgrounds
>>
>>139139550

Because it's the one Aniplex chose to milk
>>
>>139143743
self inserting into a character and relating to a character are completely different

I don't give a fuck about anything that happens in fate because it''s all through the overly wordy perspective of a completely unrelatable lunatic. When you intentionally make a character who's motivations are alien as hell and impossible to empathize with you remove all the drama from the constant fight scenes.

I don't care if shirou lives or dies against gilgamesh or archer or evil saber or whatever other bullshit because he's not a human being or even close to one. He's a sword. I don't empathize with objects.
>>
>>139143927
Because it won't make as much money as milking Fate will.
>>
>>139143957
Not him but you seriously just described self-inserting.
>>
>>139143900
Do you just mean the objective quality of the programming and assets, then?

I'll agree with you there 100%, although it's kinda charming how cheap and indie tsukihime is
>>
>>139144056
No, I didn't.

I relate to shinji ikari, but I would never want to be him. There are plenty of characters that people can relate to without wanting to be like them or literally like them/in their situation.

Shirou isn't one of those.
>>
>>139139550
Because Fate has better girls, Tsuki only have two good girls.
>>
>>139139550
One was released officially and the other was released as a doujin game with very limited amounts of copies.
More people had the opportunity read Fate than Tsukihime.
>>
>>139143957
How is having a motivation to save others while suffering from a survivor's guilt complex completely alien to you?

I can understand someone experiencing trauma. Shirou's trauma isn't even that impossible. Fires happen, disasters happen, terrible things like that happen every day. I've never had anything like that really happen to me, but it's not alien.

Likewise, who doesn't, on some level, have a desire to help and save people? It's just there are a thousand things inhibiting us from just going and doing it.
>>
>>139143897
Fine too but a decent adaptation, like KnK got, would be nice too.
>>
>>139144144
Not every character has to relate-able to you, you fucking autist.

Just because you cannot relate to Chad Thundercock in class who is popular with the girls, socially active, confident, loves sport and fun-loving does that make him less of a real human being than you you fucking faggot?
>>
The main thing is just that Fate has much more emphasis on action, especially compared to Tsukihime's far side routes. That's naturally going to make it more appealing to a wider audience, since King Arthur vs. Hercules is much more exciting to the average person than a guy being stuck in bed for days while he grows closer to one of his maids.

There are some other minor things that helped too, of course- Fate's initial anime adaptation, while highly flawed, wasn't so terrible that people refuse to acknowledge its existence. It also benefited by coming second- it had high enough production values that it holds up well enough visually even a decade after the fact, which can't be said about Tsukihime (remember how its backgrounds were all photographs shoved through a bunch of filters?)
>>
>>139144411
>The main thing is just that Fate has much more emphasis on action, especially compared to Tsukihime's far side routes. That's naturally going to make it more appealing to a wider audience, since King Arthur vs. Hercules is much more exciting to the average person than a guy being stuck in bed for days while he grows closer to one of his maids.

Fucking thread.

So many autists in this fucking thread I swear to god.
>>
>>139144144
You don't have to want to be someone in order to self-insert to them.
>>
>>139144411
>>139144475
half of f/sn is shirou and saber eating food and other stupid shit because it's still a galge under all the layers of chunni combat scenes and random violent bad endings
>>
>>139144631
>half of f/sn is shirou and saber eating food and other stupid shit

Inbetween battles, do you even understand how pacing works?
>>
>>139144777
The point is that if you find far side boring you can just not do that, tsukihime is more of a dating sim in that you get to actually pick your route instead of having to do them in order like with fate

in tsukihime you can do near side if you want more action, with fate you don''t get that choice.
>>
>>139144930
>tsukihime is more of a dating sim in that you get to actually pick your route instead of having to do them in order like with fate

Not particularly. In Tsukihime, you have to either do Arc's or Ciel's before you can move on to Akiha and Hisui, and you have to do Hisui's to see Kohaku's.

It's not 100% gated, but it's still gated.
>>
File: 343535353.jpg (54 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
343535353.jpg
54 KB, 450x600
When?
>>
>>139145036
is that true? I thought that was just the "recommended order" so I did it that way

then his complaint makes even less sense because you have to already be way invested in the game and play it multiple times to get to 'boring' stuff like sitting in a bed. meanwhile anyone that's drawn into fate by the premise of historical figures having anime fights has to sit through shirou and saber going or whatever
>>
>>139145255
*going on a date or whatever
>>
Whoa! There seems to be something wrong about the placement of this thread. What it could be?
Hint: it belongs in /jp/
>>
>>139145255
Not only is it true, you'll find some hidden stuff after you unlock the routes.

You know that choice in Arc's route where you get the dream sex scene? At the beginning of the game, your only choices are Arc and Ciel. but as you unlock more routes, more options pop up, and you can have dream scenes with other girls.

It's something you can easily miss, and probably would only notice it if you played through Arc's route multiple times.
>>
>>139145377
/jp/ is a crippier place than /a/ though.
>>
>>139139550
Tsukihime had shitty art. Fate was passable.
>>
>>139145476
Are you trying to say 'creepier'?
>>
>>139145575
Yes, yes. I really don't know how I typed this.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.