[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hokuto no Ken Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: FoTNS.gif (2 MB, 443x331) Image search: [Google]
FoTNS.gif
2 MB, 443x331
I just finished the manga, so let's get a thread going about it.
I loved most of it. The ending was sweet, but kind of was weird; it's like Buronson kept changing his mind on how exactly things would finish and where the characters would end up.

So what does /a/ think about the granddaddy of shonen?
>>
I feel for you anon. Whenever we read series before the year 2004 and want to talk about, hardly anyone will participate. It sucks reading a great, older series and most people here haven't even read it. Sucks how most anime/manga fans today won't read classics and just enjoy whatever is new being shoved down their throats. Sorry for not actually participating in your thread, I just wanted to point out the flaws in our community today.
>>
>>139087422
Eh, that's what happens with all anime circles. It's a group mentality, because if you're watching the new thing that everyone else is, you can be a part of the conversation.

Like when One Punch Man got an anime, suddenly a swarm of fags hops on board because they know it's popular. They go in already expecting to be fans, and stay for the memes. This shit happens all the time.

With an old series, there's nothing new to discuss. Shame, because I was ready to get into how this series was essentially a Western (with martial arts instead of guns).
>>
>>139087727
In all honesty I wish we had a forum where only anime/manga at least a decade old can be talked about. Maybe a separate board. I hope you eventually get a good conversation about HnK going eventually, because it fucking sucks reading a great series and having no one to talk about it with.
>>
The manga is too sincere for our era
>>
>>139087422
It's the thing with a lot of classics, they were good for their times, and did some things which no one did before them, but their success meant that a lot of the things which made them good, have now become cliches which are overdone and boring.

It's kind of the thing with discussing older manga or not-airing anime, , you have to make some '>00s' anime general if you want the thread to stay alive.
>>
My nigga Juuzo is the best part. He talked so much shit.
>>
>>139088241
That would die really quick, I did a search on 'retro anime' and stumbled upon a reddit link to one of their sub forums, and as expected, it was pretty barren and had no discussion going on whatsoever.
>>
>>139086955
I didnt like how all the nanto seiken masters kept jobbing.
>>
>Falco, the lone successor to the art beyond both the North and South stars, joins Kenshiro to the land of Shura

>Gets wrecked by the first guy he meets.

I've never seen somebody job so hard.

Fuck, man. You could've been like Rei, but you lost to a guy with no name.
>>
>>139086955
i'm still watching it, about 1/4 through it. Why don't people like talking about older anime anymore? They treat you like you're pretentious if you watch shows before 1995
>>
>>139091622
Because like the guy above said, everyone wants to watch what is currently airing to have people to discuss/meme it with. And no one bothers to go back to classics because they know they won't have anyone to talk about it with.
>>
>>139092029
>there are almost always at least 3 phantom world, dagashi kashi, Eva, and boku da something something threads up with 100+ replies
>maybe one hokuto no ken thread per month
surprisingly enough, outside of /a/ fist of the north star is held in pretty high regard
>>
>>139086955
ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora
ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora
>>
>>139092171
I just checked, and we have
>3 OPM threads
>2 phantom world threads
>3 eva threads
>5 FLCL threads
>5 boku da gachi da something threads
>3 One Piece threads
>10 shitpost threads
>the rest are assorted threads full of arguments and absolute derailing
wew /a/
>>
>>139092491
Time for a new anime forum?
>>
>>139092537
yeah, i'm done.
I'm leaving, see ya never
>>
>>139092171
The fact that even it's ED article is favourable is a rare thing given how anime is usually treated
>>
>>139086955
do you think they would ever consider rebooting the anime, or at least finishing the story where it left off.
>>
I started watching anime about month ago but stooped around 6-7th episode.
I liked it in general, but plot was too repetitive. Here lies my question: will it get less repetitive later?
>>
>>139093831
yes, the first 15 episodes are pretty boring, just him going around fucking people up with ease.
after he first fights shin, the plot picks up, and when the hokuto brothers are introduced it becomes GOAT
>>
>>139094006
I try to pick it up again.

And i have to admit that "seconds left to die" counter was incredibly cool idea.
>>
>>139086955
So glad Bart ends up with Linn, didn't care about mamya but that torture scene with the drill in the bowels was hard for him, i had the feels
>>
>>139091511
My biggest gripe with that is that for some (like Shin), we barely got to see their techniques.
It turns out that Buronson was heavily involved in the arcade games, and actually used them to show off the full range of attacks for characters that die in the story. That's pretty fucking cool.

>>139095551
I shed a manly tear for him. Good thing being drilled in the organs can be fixed with the right pressure point.
>>
My only gripe with it is all the "secret" brothers showing just to continue the story. Do we really need all the second part with Kaio?
Some characters jobbed too much: Shuu, Falco, Ein
Poor rei, i had tears on his last panel where his falling with all his back exploding spilling blood on the wall. He dies like a dog who's hiding do die, in a shack..
>>
>>139096655
Second gripe is the amnesia ken had at the end..
>>
Bump for the best show thst curdently has an /a/ thread
>>
>>139096655
I liked the second part with Kaio, even though they literally changed Raoh and Toki's childhood story to make it work.

Face it, without the Shura arc, Ken would have literally no backstory. Being an Asurian makes more sense than a kid that showed up to Ryuken out of nowhere and is magically better than all the other pupils.
>>
I wish I could contribute something but I haven't watched it yet.
The opening is pretty cool though.
>>
Was Ken one of the most famous cucks in /a/?
>>
>>139101334
Pretty sure that guts was the bigger cuck.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.