[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's over >[HorribleSubs] Divine Gate - 12 [720p].mkv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 26
File: fm47849.gif (902 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fm47849.gif
902 KB, 480x270
It's over
>[HorribleSubs] Divine Gate - 12 [720p].mkv
>>
>That ending
I wonder if they are going to announce S2 at AnimeJapan tomorrow.
>>
Are the subs out already? Downloading at the speed of light
>>
>>139081455
How gay was this episode ?
>>
File: CeZgh1KUUAAOEpK.jpg (46 KB, 832x468) Image search: [Google]
CeZgh1KUUAAOEpK.jpg
46 KB, 832x468
>Crowley
>>
Finally i'm free from this hell!

Pitter Patter, Motherfucker
>>
Oh, yes, the greater power. I see.
>>
File: 1447696698400.png (334 KB, 515x446) Image search: [Google]
1447696698400.png
334 KB, 515x446
>that ending
What the fuck, are they really going to make another season?
Overral it was a pretty mediocre show, I still don't really understand the motivation of Loki and Arthrur and their relationships
4/10, but I wasn't forcing myself to watch it.
>>
On the bright side though, Viviane got a whole single frame. From the looks of it, if there is a season 2, she'll at least be there. Maybe.

Also, Undine not dead?? I guess they either retconned the death or the translation of one of the summaries wasn't so good.
>>
>>139083023
Also known as the Deus ex Machina
>>
>>139083174
>Undine not dead
I thought she just passed out
>>
>>139083023

Now THIS is what I call an asspull.
>>
>>139083174
She didn't die, Aoto needs his waifu.
>>
Despite being the saddest sack, Oz still alive. Midori even gives him Dorothy's hair ribbon in the epilogue.

It's comedic how sad his story is.

>>139083401

I'm pretty sure in one character description from the game, it says Aoto's brother stabbed her, which also happened in the anime. I assumed she died.

Honestly, it's a good thing though. Even if that was a grave wound that would ensure her death, someone that cute shouldn't die.
>>
Can someone explain the meaning behind this?
They already decided not to cross the Gate, so what was it for?
>>
I don't know how I survived 12 episodes of this but I did.

The ending was just your typical Japan play it safe ending.

2/10.

Only enjoyed fighting the gods episode.
>>
I fucking laughed.
>>
>>139081455

Same ending tier as Gangsta.
>>
>>139081455
Fucking Santa
>>
>>139085231
Japanese Santa is pretty cool guy.
>>
SO what happened to Arthur? Last episode I watched was 2 weeks ago
>>
>>139083978

As an avid player of the game, I had literally no idea what was going on in this episode. Not that I can read any of these in-game character descriptions anyway, but still.

Arthur declining his best friend's help. Santa just straight up dead, but not really since Deus Ex Machina gods will say he's alive. Despair kid suddenly fighting off the Scandinavian gods. The Scandinavian gods suddenly showing up in the first place. Ginji showing up after they cocktease us one more time that they're going to make a wish with the Divine Gate. Then Loki and Evil Arthur replacing the Divine Gate and suddenly breaking the tower.

What a ride. I never could've expected such a spectacularly terrible show from a phone I started playing a few months ago.

>>139085147

At least this didn't end with an immense quality drop from a dying studio.

>>139085288

Santa fought his way to him, Evil Arthur stabbed him, Santa went inside his heart to give him back part of his crown that had the rest of his heart so he could regain control of himself, Arthur declined and Santa basically died.
>>
>>139085393
OH well, at least Undine is fine and alive, that's what important. She has to get her guy!
>>
Midori girlfriend still dead
oh whataver
>>
At least it had a good OST.
>>
>>139085897
yurishitter tripfag btfo
today was a good day
>>
4/10, enjoyed the art, OP/ED, and the main trio, everything else stopped making sense after the 4th episode and there were a few episodes which were just filler, you know the story's shit when people who play the phone game don't even know what's going on

I ironically enjoyed the 666 people were killed episode, holy shit
>>139087323
this
>>
>>139081455
S2 when ?
>>
>>139081908
>lol jk, knight of the round never died
That gay.
>>
>>139088457
How did you enjoy this? They introduce robot girl, then they forget about her.
>>
>>
>>139090193
So who's this lady?
>>
>>139090283
I shall call her female Arthur.
>>
File: Crowley.png (1 MB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
Crowley.png
1 MB, 1200x500
>>139090283

Crowley. Decided to look at her two unit descriptions, but nothing interesting really comes up.

""The world should be perfect," Crowley has said. Not even the members of the cult knew the meaning behind the word “perfect”. Those who want to see this future have assembled under the symbol of a pair of eyes. ”Pray to the Gods for salvation.” However the girl who ushered these words was without a doubt human."

"The created “deity” was miserable. “But this is me.” The Founder, Crowley turned to the one on her right. “My, you are admirable,” they said sarcastically. “The perfect world, it’s a dream within a dream. Will it be my role again to end it? Those fools, unaware of this house of cards.” No one noticed her pain."

She was apparently made the leader of this cult that wants to make a "more perfect world". She doesn't really seem that important. There aren't even any other units that mention her in their descriptions. She got that bod though.

>>139090419

Probably correct.
>>
>>139090120
I wish this anime went in a really different direction than it did.
>>
>no one died lol
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>139085740

Ship fag please.
>>
It was bad enough to be enjoyable
>>
>>139092835
It went all over the place.
>>
What a fucking ride, s2 when?
>>
>>139096381
Soon
>>
I've literally never been this confused as to what the fuck I watched, atleast Oz is still alive.
>>
I understand everything
>>
>muh gate
>muh wish
>guys we finally got here holy shit we did it team
>nah fuck it not gonna wish for anything lol
Seriously nigga.

Also MY DICK.
>>
What the fuck.
>>
I really liked the ED. The good vistlip song, the visual motif with the gates opening and flying away, and the pans of all the characters lined up. It somehow ended up very interesting on an audiovisual level. There was something about the sense of motion it all conveyed when put together. I can't really explain it because I don't fully understand myself but ED of the season for me, I always found myself looking forward to to it.
>>
Pitter Patter
Motherfucker
>>
>>139098951
Probably because what they wanted they can't get anymore.
>>
>>139098849
>>139098951
They start their own cults?
>>
>>139085393
So when does his waifu die for real?
>>
File: 1441605019389.png (84 KB, 248x251) Image search: [Google]
1441605019389.png
84 KB, 248x251
I have no clue what the fuck happened this episode. So you're telling me that they were obsessing over the damn gate for the entire show, only to just turn around and forget about it at the very end?
>>
So they could have become gods, but they rejected the gate. Shitty writing
>>
>>139098951
>so many lives lost just so they won't wish for shi..
>oh just kidding Knights of round never died. >Surely best friend and dad are okay
>Nope dead.
>robot girl introduced for no reason
I feel like we all completely forgot about her because of how all over the place this shit was written
>loli Shakespeare
fuck I am done
>>
File: Yukari (Yukata).png (567 KB, 1024x896) Image search: [Google]
Yukari (Yukata).png
567 KB, 1024x896
>>139099574

You could look at it that way, but they became the leaders of the two other worlds, Celestia (Fairies) and Hellistia (Demons), that merged with the human world, Terrastia.

Hikari was actually a fairy, so that makes sense. I don't really know why Yukari is leader of the demons though. Something about her past. Everyone in this world literally has the deepest backstory. It's stupid and hilarious.

>>139100847

I don't think that's what happened. Ginji/Despair Kid said they would become gods if they chose to make a wish with the Gate, which is why they gave it up.

>>139099893

I guess she just doesn't. Or they retconned it.

>>139098951
>>139101034
>>139100718

That's exactly how I felt. They cockteased for the whole season. Bigger cocktease in the middle. Biggest cocktease this episode where they arrive during the beginning and the the whole rest of the episode after the middle half and they just decide to not use it.

Story perspective, sure, whatever. Audience perspective, literally why would you do this to us.
>>
>>139085393
>Deus Ex Machina gods
I'm sure there is literally such a god.
>>
Time for last pitter patter.
>>
File: Viviane.png (440 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Viviane.png
440 KB, 1024x1024
>>139103019

Yeah, there are probably several even. When I eventually continue learning Japanese and get to a decent level in 27 years, I'll have to go back and read all of these character descriptions to see just how deep it goes.

I'm pretty sure Lancelot's revival and maybe the whole gang's revival has to do with Viviane, Lancelot's mother. She's the chief of the fairies, so I'd imagine she can do that kind of stuff.

Oh, reading one of her unit descriptions, I think she did:

""I'm sorry, it seems I underestimated their king." By the lakeside near utopia, the dragon queen and Viviane faced each other. "Thank you for bringing me the children." The wounded, fallen twelve Knights of the Round Table. I'm sure your voice will reach them, so for now you should rest.” Viviane clenched the large sword, unbefitting her body."
>>
Dang, santa fault giving him this "king" dream or delusion.
>>
>>139099291
Yes, my nigger. I loved this ED. Probably the best thing to come out of this anime. Actually one of the best things this season. For some reason I'm addicted to it.
>>
Wow, all of that for nothing.
>>
You are winner.
>>
>>139104813
I was in stiches when this scene came up.
>>
File: the heart.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the heart.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>
File: The fuck I just watched?.png (78 KB, 155x287) Image search: [Google]
The fuck I just watched?.png
78 KB, 155x287
>mfw ending
Would watch S2 just for the hell of it.
>>
So, S2?

It's the only way to make sense of that ending.
>>
>>139106361
I think it might be just advertising the ongoing plot in the game.
>>
>>139083460
It comes standard for mobages, anon. Everyone that supposedly dies gets revived at some point so they can keep printing out new cards for them.
>>
Well it's over.

Pros
>Interesting artstyle
>Good OP and ED
>Some unintenionally funny and hilarious moments

Cons
>EVERYTHING ELSE

3/10
>>
>>139104813
This is probably how everyone looks while they watched this shit.
>>
File: grey.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
grey.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
This was the most autistic fan fic I have ever watched.
Hope we get a season 2 tho.
>>
>>139108687

He smiled at the end so mybe he's not that big of an asshole.
>>
I did like the episodes that focused on red and green honestly. Also what was with the cgi when the blocked the Scandinavian gods attacks.
>>
Show ended and we still don't know who the narrator is.
>>
>>139109591

Pitter-potter-kun
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.