[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is KyoAni's only asset their art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_326.jpg (162 KB, 1279x709) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_326.jpg
162 KB, 1279x709
Is KyoAni's only asset their art?
>>
>>139072413
Their music too.
>>
>>139072413
only reason i got through hyouka was because i really liked what the characters looked like. if another studio had did it idk if i couldve watched desu
>>
i want Kyoani-woman as girlfriend, wife, mom, older sister, younger sister, sensei, classmate, coworker, boss, daughter
>>
>>139072413
They can also make charming episodic stories every now and then. Their problem is that usually they don't know what they want to do with their series and that they don't know how to write a general plot. Recently there's also the total disrespect they have for the original authors of their adaptations, but what they adapt isn't even that good so it's not a big deal.
>>
>>139072573
>not so good
>famous, award-winning works like Hibike and Koe no Katachi
Kyoani a shit, though.
Only Haruhi was done right.
>>
I want to fug cummiko desu.
>>
>>139072413
Art? You meant animation surely?
The art is quite generic.
>>
>>139072625
My bad, I was talking mostly about works were they change the source material too much (Chuu2, Amaburi, Phantom World).
>>
File: 2134123.jpg (75 KB, 457x457) Image search: [Google]
2134123.jpg
75 KB, 457x457
>>139072625
>Only Haruhi was done right.
Minus E8.
>>
>>139072690
but but Amaburi is good and the LN/manga art changes with Kyoani's
>>
>>139072433
Forgot to mention this

>>139072573
Do you believe they should stick to their originals?

>>139072669
Mistake, sorry.
>>
>>139072690
Hibike has major changes, unfortunately. The same must be true for upcoming Katachi anime.
>>
>>139072705
E8 was beautifully animated from start to finish.
It was an excellent execution of a terrible idea.
>>
>>139072669
you can immediately tell if a character is from a kyoani show, i know what you are getting at but if that isnt artstyle i dont know what is.

they do all have the same face structure though.
>>
>>139072752
Can't say I found the LN entertaining.

>>139072755
>Do you believe they should stick to their originals?
They barely make originals (haven't seen Free) and as I said, when they make major changes it usually ends bad, so I wouldn't trust them.

>>139072757
You sure? I had understood that they were mostly minor changes to give Reina more screen-time.
>>
Excellent directing and music combined with the art and animation. Kyoani is a master of manipulating emotions.
>>
I rather liked Nichijou and some of Kyoukai no Kanata, so they're definitely capable of some cooler stuff than what they typically do. Unfortunately, we're stuck in an endless recursion of time
>>
>>139073117
Cutting out nearly each scene with male MC and turning female MC into lesbian isn't enough for you? Pretty sure you didn't read the LN.
>>
Nichojou, Haruhi, K-On and Lucky Star were all good.

More recently, Chu2 was pretty good though they flubbed the second season, and Hibike was pretty good though it's clearly bait.

I think that, as a studio, they have lost their willingness to risk. Nichijou was risky, but failed to make the yen, so I think they've been overly cautious since then. They also don't trust their characters in a weird way, I guess - like Chu2 basically went nowhere with the relationship, Hibike is just daring enough to NOT be yuri, etc. Like Disney, everything has rounded edges. They are the anti-Shaft but that's not really a good thing.
>>
>>139073640
>nearly each scene
>turning into a lesbian

My mistake, I thought we were being serious.
>>
>>139072413
no its their sluts
>>
>>139072413
Their past successes. People are always going to give Kyoani special treatment because it's the studio that made Haruhi and K-On!
>>
>>139073988
Only the worst kind of otaku still give a damn about K-On.
>>
>>139074023
So, most of /a/?
>>
>>139074052
Nah, most of /a/ isn't even passionate about anything like hardcore otaku is about their shit.
>>
people having high expectation of Kyoani for some reason, but the studio like to do thing on its own pace.
>>
Kyoani is great at making cgdct shit like k on and Tamako.

They're average at making harem and generic romance shit like chuu2.

And they're total trash at trying anything else, like what happened to musaigen
>>
File: kyoani.jpg (53 KB, 594x402) Image search: [Google]
kyoani.jpg
53 KB, 594x402
>>139072413
>backgrounds are just recycled 3DPD pictures with a filter over them
>characters are just recycled human centipede style from each show
No. KyoAni's only asset is yuri.
>>
>>139072769
Was it really a terrible idea though? It generated an unreal amount of hype and discussion. They did something crazy and stupid and it paid off for them in a big way.

And that's not even mentioning how Endless 8 is a godlike setup for Disappearance.
>>
>>139072545
>you will never live in a world where women are created by KyoAni
>you will never marry a background-fu
>>
>>139072433
Meh.
Nothing special about their music.
>>
>>139076606
Get your ears checked.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.