[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With all this FLCL talk, do you guys think that western animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: adultswim.jpg (10 KB, 421x316) Image search: [Google]
adultswim.jpg
10 KB, 421x316
With all this FLCL talk, do you guys think that western animation studios producing anime will become a more popular trend since most japanese studios just choose to take the safe rote recycling the same cute girls doing cute things and shitty LN adaptations producing literal garbage?
>>
>anime becoming more normalfags friendly

Its over. Just delete this board already.
>>
Fuck off.
>>
IG is producing the show, retard. And bringing back old series is playing it safe and recycling.
>>
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1423539563122.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1423539563122.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>139065235
You don't need to be a normalfag to hate moeshit.
>>
If it gets us Big O season 3 then sure
>>
>>139065360
>moeshit

>>>/v/
>>
>>139065360
No, but it helps immensely.
>>
>>139066458
No fuck off
>>
>>139064988
No, cause that "literal garbage" is what makes your chinese cartoons different from the rest of the world.
>>
>>139064988
I'm all for reviving old shows and diverting from moe shows but if it's being co produced by the west then fuck no, I'd rather have 100 new harem series instead.
>>
>>139064988
It will probably depend on the profits. Right now, anime's primary market continues to be the Japanese market, and the Western market isn't well-developed to the point that Japanese producers can depend on them, so if they make a Western-pandering show, it still needs to do at least decently in Japan for profits to be large. For example, I don't think Space Dandy can really be considered much of a success given that it flopped hard in Japan while its ratings did not match the hype it reecived in America.
>>
File: 1454315631342.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454315631342.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
>>139066694
>100 new harem
Yes please
>>
Don't know why people raged.
All I need is staff. And then we can talk.
>>
FLCL continuation probably won't make much of any money in Japan. Dandy fucking flopped and yet was a pretty OK show which had no big-shoes legacy to fill (namely in the sakuga and direction department). If it looks notably worse than the originals it's gonna fucking tank guaranteed.

Nips have bad taste in a lot of stuff, but generally aren't falling for this "let's pointlessly revive ancient dead series" shit. Osomatsu worked in this regard because they basically made it a new show and it's actually entertaining (sometimes).

So the question is more like "will Production IG make enough from AS ratings of this show to want to do more", the answer to which we just don't know. Hopefully not.
>>
File: Tomoko 3.jpg (163 KB, 1024x945) Image search: [Google]
Tomoko 3.jpg
163 KB, 1024x945
>>139064988
I wouldn't mind if it gets certain cult classics revived.
>>
I fear this is going to be horribly disappointing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.