[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I have to choose between watching Castle in the Sky and Spirited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Spirited Away Poster.jpg (85 KB, 760x1125) Image search: [Google]
Spirited Away Poster.jpg
85 KB, 760x1125
So, I have to choose between watching Castle in the Sky and Spirited Away tonight. What do I choose?
>>
BOKU NO WSR
>>
They're both good.

Laputa.
>>
Spirited away was way too weak story wise
>>
File: Steins; Gate.png (452 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Steins; Gate.png
452 KB, 1366x768
>>139062228
Welp, first (non-shitpost) decides it. Thanks!
Have a free wallpaper! Hope you don't already have it!
>>
mononoke is the only one that isn't absolute garbage
>>
>>139064639
Princess Mononoke is actually one of my least favourites from Miyazaki. I still haven't seen Porco Rosso or Wind Rises yet, though.
>>
>>139064735
fuck you
>>
>>139064767
I don't think it's bad or anything, just not to my tastes I guess.
>>
>>139064982
stop fucking replying to me
>>
>>139065010
why?
>>
>>139064639
>enjoying digital shit
>>
>>139061934
Spirited Away easily. Laputa is Miyazaki's Hollywood movie.
>>
Watch them both. One tonight and the other tomorrow.
>>
>>139064735
Porco is my favorite.
>>
>>139062228
What the fuck did you just call me you little bitch?
>>
>>139065197

>Laputa is Miyazaki's Hollywood movie.
Your post makes no sense.
>>
Well, I just finished Laputa, and it was freakin awesome! Thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>139067926
Laputa is the most straightforward, Hollywood like move Ghibli have made. It's exceptionally good for what it is, but he's not wrong.
>>
>>139062313
>I only watched it once, dubbed
>>
>>139068901

Being 'straightforward' is now synonymous with a hollywood movie? Are you stupid?

And besides that, Laputa has a main plot and a sub plot. With the sub plot overtaking the main plot at the end.
>>
Dubs for Kiki's Delivery Service
>>
Shrek
>>
>>139069111

You got trips so disregarded for false advertising.
>>
>>139069176
>being a shitter
>>
>>139061934
Plan another day to watch the other. Both are incredible. English dubs of both are very good too since disney handles getting VAs
>>
>>139067926
It is though. Not saying it's totally a bad thing, but it's a straightforward movie with a main villain, clear plot, and robots. I still think it's pretty different from most Hollywood movies, but it is by far the most Hollywood-esque one.
>>
>>139069251
>English dub
>of Spirited Away
>good

Holy shit you couldn't be more pleb. Spirited Away is completely fucked over by its dub to the point where you can't even tell what the plot is, since half the time it just straight up gets rid of the impetus of a given character's motivation. What makes it worse is that it's made be people who legitimately tried, but who just didn't understand it in the first place.

Laputa's dub is legitimately good though.
>>
>>139069007
>Being 'straightforward' is now synonymous with a hollywood movie?

No, the point thought is that it comes off as relatively straightforward because it follows most Hollywood blockbuster tropes. This isn't necessarily bad at all.
>>
>>139069251
>>139069498
Again, I loved Laputa, and I plan to watch Spirited Away tomorrow. Maybe on Saturday I'll watch Castle of Cagliostro or Nausicaa.
>>
>>139061934
Spirited Away
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.