[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love the original Evangelion series to death. Is it even worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: rebuild.jpg (240 KB, 1600x756) Image search: [Google]
rebuild.jpg
240 KB, 1600x756
I love the original Evangelion series to death.

Is it even worth watching the Rebuild films out of morbid curiosity? All I know is they retcon/ruin a bunch of stuff and the third one is supposedly really terrible.
>>
they are fanservice for neets without taste

just watch a youtube video about them or something

you can find all the good shots just by lurking /a/
>>
duh
>>
Yeah, just watch them. you'll want to be in the know if you care abut the series because anno is still alive.
>>
>>139055518
They're shit. The best thing that could happen now is that the series doesn't get finished.
>>
>>139055518
Check the first one out, it's effectively NGE:HD, and the soundtrack is pretty good.
>>
>>139055518
They're fucking awful. Don't bother.
>>
File: 4.png (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
4.png
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>139058901
>NGE:HD
But we just got the real NGE HD last year.
>>
>>139055518
Nice blockbuster movies very entertaining. But it can't be compared to the masterpiece original series
>>
>>139060265
You talking about the Blurays?
>>
>>139062491
yes
>>
File: 1458869416568.png (361 KB, 972x441) Image search: [Google]
1458869416568.png
361 KB, 972x441
it ruins literally every single ounce of character development or depth from the original series

I understand that it's a movie and you can't squeeze as much detail as you can in a 28 episode series, but christ fucking sake

asuka is LITERALLY a different character. they even change her name. but wait she's playing with a puppet ohhh yeah she's so CRAAAZAAAYYY!!!!
>>
>>139062852
>asuka is LITERALLY a different character
How so?
care to list some differences?
>>
>>139063215
Asuka in NGE
>I'm a textbook tsundere. Until you look underneath the surface and see I'm actually in severe emotional pain because my mother was insane and neglected me for a doll. I walked in on her hanging herself and it left me permanently traumatized. I'm histrionic, I'm desperate for attention and validation from others, I vie for attention from Kaji because I want to be seen as mature and independent. I'm mean to Shinji because I want to be grown-up and I don't want to admit I need his help, but I secretly care for him because we're more alike than I let on.

Asuka in 2.22
>I'm a textbook tsundere. Look at my cool eyepatch. Look, I said "anta baka", I said the line.
>>
>>139062852
Come off it, the original series is good but every single character is
>what if $dere but real
>>
If you are an autistic plotfag, forget it.
>>
>>139063384
and rebuild is "what if every character was ___dere and we played it straight"

"what if shinji was a cool harem-lord"

"what if everyone exploded into elfen lied blood pinatas and we made everything red like blood because that's cool"
>>
>>139063215
well by literally he probably meant shikinami/soryu
>>
>>139063417
Maybe for the 1.11, but so far the films seem to be doubling down on the idea that people having those characters means everything goes to shit.
>>
It;s garbage and the characters are all fags
>>
File: 1353986019342.jpg (114 KB, 741x960) Image search: [Google]
1353986019342.jpg
114 KB, 741x960
>>139055518
1 no, 2 and 3 yes. 2 changes quite a bit and I think was going in some really interesting directions story wise, mostly by giving Shinji more agency and showing why in the Evaverse that's a bad thing. 3 is not as good as 2. It goes 14 years in the future and really ramps up the post apocalypse aspect. It's very heavy on isolation, to a fault as we don't spend anytime with Asuka or Mari and see how the world has changed.

I also think 3.0 completely drops the ball with Kowaru. Most people seem to forget Shinji was weirded out by Kowaru originally, only hanging out with him because he was lonely. It's only after Kowaru comes out and says that he doesn't care who shinji is, he'll love him regardless that Shinji warms up to him. In 3.0 they basically fuck on a piano for 20 minutes, and it just feels hollow.

Even so, 3.0 is astoundingly gorgeous and it does nail the feeling of isolation. I'm interested in seeing 4.0 even though we've more misses than hits, if only to see it go fucking insane. If you really love Eva you'll probably just enjoy having some more Eva, even if overall it's not as good as NGE.
>>
File: 20071029-183814.jpg (27 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
20071029-183814.jpg
27 KB, 640x512
>>139063843
>Most people seem to forget Shinji was weirded out by Kowaru originally
You need to rewatch the episode, because Shinji starts blushing at Kaworu the minute he lays his eyes on him. Even before he starts being nice to him. He's never weirded out by him.
>>
>>139063999
I don't remember the chins in NGE being this bad
>>
>>139063368

Yup
>>
File: chinvangelion.png (2 MB, 2338x628) Image search: [Google]
chinvangelion.png
2 MB, 2338x628
>>139064170
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.