[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One Piece Editors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: oda.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
oda.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
In 18 years of publication, One Piece had about 8 or 9 editors. That is, each one worked for about two years or two and a half years with Oda. You can see the difference in how the arcs are developed based on the editor?
>>
> Editor #1 Takanori Asada: “Back when the very first volume of One Piece went on sale, Oda and I went to a bookstore in Hibarigaoka where we were secretly watching over the readers buying the One Piece volume. I still remember the middle schoolers buying it in the beginning.”

> Editor #2 Takahiro Habuta: “Even with the deadline getting closer and closer, Oda was still drawing the uncountable number of people during the big clash in front of the [Alabasta] Royal Palace between the Royal Army and Rebels. I could only think, ‘if only this was just a ten versus ten battle he’d have the manuscript done more quickly…’ I wasn’t able to tell him that though (laughs)”

> Editor #4 Naoki Kawashima: “The best memory from my own time as an editor was being able to witness the ten year anniversary of One Piece. Being involved in [the organization of] all sorts of events reminded me of just how great One Piece is! And seeing just how passionate Oda is towards [his] manga really left a great impression on me every single day.”

> Editor #5 Kôhei Ônishi: “It was 3 a.m., the middle of the night, when I received a fax from Oda, the chapter’s rough draft. That scene where Zoro stands up for Luffy and takes on a Warlord of the Sea [Bartholomew] Kuma’s attack…!! He didn’t mention this scene to me during the meeting at all so I was so surprised and at the same time moved that I was crying my eyes out!”

> Editor #6 Akira Jean-Baptiste Hattori: “[My favorite moment were] the movies that Oda was very much involved with since production started, [especially when] “Strong World” and “One Piece Film: Z” became a big hit. If Oda’s involved it’s sure to become interesting, which is, I think due to Oda’s attitude towards his work, thinking whether or not something is really fun or not until the very end. I was very glad to be able to work with him.”

Akira is now the editor of World Trigger, I think.
>>
>>139042361
I don't really care.
All I can tell you is that One Piece of Shit is overrated and I can't wait for this shit to end so the pleb start shutting the fuck about it.
>>
>>139042674
>I can't wait for this shit to end
Oh, how naive...
>>
File: Baramons.jpg (33 KB, 506x228) Image search: [Google]
Baramons.jpg
33 KB, 506x228
>>139042674
>10 more years
>>
but which editor did WORLD BUILDING best?
>>
>>139042361
#3 a best.
>>
File: hattori.jpg (40 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
hattori.jpg
40 KB, 225x350
>>139042361
>Akira Hattori
>>
Dragon Ball had three and you can see the difference between them through the storyline. The first, Torishima, worked with Toriyama in Dr. Slump and the first phase of Dragon Ball, which has more adventure and comedy, as well as Dr. Slump. The second was Yu Kondo, who took over during the the most serious arcs, focused on fighting: Saiyan, Freeza and Cell. And Fuyuto Takeda worked in the Boo "mess" arc.
>>
>>139043801
wait what, he's a real person? Is majority of the Bakuran people real?
>>
>>139044589
Well all of Bakuman characters are based on real people in WSJ, but only loosely. I guess this guy is much more on-point with his prototype, he even mentions in manga how he's getting One piece.
>>
File: 2194a2s[1].jpg (12 KB, 380x288) Image search: [Google]
2194a2s[1].jpg
12 KB, 380x288
>>139042361
>Kôhei Ônishi
>>
Oda's previous editor, the one during post timeskip stuff like Fishman Island and Dressrosa had to be bad.

Things have gotten a lot better with the new editor conceding with the Zou arc.
>>
>>139044987
No, you're just finally accustomed to the weekly pacing.
>>
>>139045097
I've been reading weekly since Impel Down.

Zou is by far the best arc in the New World yet, and I don't think Oda getting a new editor is just a coincidence.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.