[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why read manga?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 318x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 318x458
Why would anyone read manga when a colorful, enganging, audible version of the medium is available? Why read a manga if the anime is already out?
>>
>high budget
>still has awful looking CG crowds
Dropped.
>>
>>139030882
>if the anime is already out?
Big if.

Color is overrated, and shading and panelling is so much more interesting. It's also more engaging by virtue of actually following the flow of dialogue and action instead of passively listening.

Anime originals are rare, and not that groundbreaking. Unlike manga, which is full of crazy and interesting ideas.
>>
I only watch the anime IF it's a full adaptation. Nothing else can convince me.
I do try out series I'm unsure if I even will like the manga of, like Seven Deadly Sins, it had a good soundtrack so I enjoyed the first 5 episodes before it turned into shonen shit
>>
>>139032160
to add to that, most anime is aimed at little kids, while manga is made for a variety of agegroups.
Also anime is mostly just made to sell the manga. So you have to get lucky it gets a full adaptation
>>
>>139030882
because the manga is the source material for the anime

because when the manga is interpereted into anime some of the story is lost

because there are thousands of series that don't have an anime adaptation
>>
File: Wolf Children Cinegrid.jpg (3 MB, 6400x3600) Image search: [Google]
Wolf Children Cinegrid.jpg
3 MB, 6400x3600
>>139030882
I have no idea.
>>
>>139032758
This is just more evidence that a higher budget can't safe a bad story

I put it right next to The Lion King
>>
>>139033639
Whoa man, are you talking shit on my favorite Disney movie?

And I thought the Lion King had a super low budget for a Disney movie.
>>
>>139033787
Lion King is a shit movie. It shows that budget can't safe a bad story
>>
>>139033821
A. You're dead wrong. It has a fantastic story.

B. Once again I'm pretty sure Disney didn't put as much money and good animators into it as they had for their previous works.
>>
I like to read manga more because it's easier to carry to my job and somehow more socially acceptable.
>>
>>139032100
>shading and panelling is so much more interesting
99% of manga has terrible and lazy raster shading or whatever those dotted sheets are called.
>>
>>139033639
Wolf Children is a nice SoL movie, I can give you the word if you talk about the ending. Till this day I can't understand why the director thought it was a good idea make the son look like a son of a bitch by abandoning his mother in the road when she felt trying to find him in the first place.
>>
>>139033966
It's just Macbeth with lions. Which, I admit, does sound pretty good but Disney managed to fuck it up.
>>
>>139034600
but she's a bitch if her son is a son of a bitch
>>
>>139030882
Why would you post on /a/ when you are clearly a newfag that haven't watched anime for more than 2 years? Why not lurk for at least 5 years before posting like any sensible person would?
>>
File: 1468783937816.png (377 KB, 633x720) Image search: [Google]
1468783937816.png
377 KB, 633x720
>>139030882
Why would anyone watch anime when a colorful, enganging, audible version of the reality is available? Why watch anime if your life awaits?
>>
Anime:
>Lets you hear voices for your favorite characters
>Gives a short, summarized version of the story
>Releases a bit quicker than manga tends to
but;
>Sometimes cuts content
>Sometimes goes completely off track with filler/original content
>Does a poor job advertising the manga/LN

Manga;
>Is the full story, no filler content or cuts
>is easy to read, tends to have better art than the anime
>Leaves out sound, but gives an accurate representation of the sound effects
but;
>dies or gets severely crippled if the anime sells poorly
>Color pages tend to be inconsistent at times (Sometimes green hair, sometimes blue, etc)
>Is completely still; if the artist doesn't make it very well known, the movements of characters make South Park look better in terms of animation
>>
>>139035794
Reality isn't colorful or engaging.
>>
>>139034600
because he's an animal now.
>>
>>139035943
>Does a poor job advertising the manga/LN
...why should it be doing that? Why is this even a thing?
>>
>>139032100
>full of crazy and interesting ideas.

Woah lets not just spout lies like that, its more varied than anime for sure but still very formulaic for the most part.
Also has the problem of series lasting years and years only to get dropped or get very shitty because the author stops caring
>>
>>139035943
>>Gives a short, summarized version of the story

why is this a plus?
>>
>>139038622
Because manga authors are terrible writers resulting in series that go on for years without proper conclusion and stories that are written on the go.
>>
File: 1458698578437.jpg (20 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458698578437.jpg
20 KB, 500x375
>>139037858
>>
File: 1639.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1639.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
I think manga is decent but I honestly just keep forgetting to keep up with everything apart from Boku hero because I see a thread on /a/ about it every day.

Anime is just easier but I can see why others would prefer manga.

Yes I have batoto bookmarked but sometimes when you're use to weekly updates and then it turns to monthly and etc you just start to forget about it.
>>
>>139035794
2D > 3D obviously
>>
>>139030882
>shit art
>bad pacing in most of them
>bad dub in most of them

Anime sure is better.
>>
>>139038128
You don't read much manga right?
>>
>>139035943
>>Is completely still; if the artist doesn't make it very well known, the movements of characters make South Park look better in terms of animation

Are you actually retarded? You're problem when reading manga is that the pictures don't move. Have you ever seen a painting?

>>Color pages tend to be inconsistent

This happens so rarely it's not even worth mentioning and there is far more QUALITY in anime anyway.
>>
>>139030882
>>139030882
Sometimes the studio fucks shit up beyond our realm of comprehension. Like cutting out important content and replacing it with shitty original content.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.