[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /a/ think of Hellsing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 194598.jpg (1 MB, 2576x1610) Image search: [Google]
194598.jpg
1 MB, 2576x1610
What does /a/ think of Hellsing?
>>
Dumb edgy bullshit.
Some cool scenes and actions sequences, big tittied police girl is the best part of the show.
>>
>>139027228
regular anime was terrible
the ultimate series was great
>>
>>139027228
It did edge right, which is something I like about japanese made entertainment, they're not limited by the same restraints of political correction which is present in the west.

The characters were pretty good for the most part, Anderson was the best part of the show, I've heard that the dub is good, but I only watch the sub, which was amazing.
>>
>>139027228
.It was good.
>>
>>139027228
I assume you're talking about Ultimate. Fights and animation were amazing, but the comedy was fucking unbearable every single time it showed up.
>>
>>139027228
>>139027302

Probably hard to argue that the TV series wasn't substantially worse than the much later-made, better funded OVA that had a much longer production period. I think the original TV series had a lot of issues by itself, but that's just me.

>>139027260

>big tittied police girl

Gag boobs aside, I have to agree--though I never got far into the manga, so I may just be missing the point. Seras had the whole "straight man in a farce" thing going for her.
>>
It's a show I want to watch because of police girl waifu, but I am too dead inside to get out of my comfort zone.
>>
A bit too edgy at times, but still really good. I recently re-watched it to see if it lived up to my expectations and it was even better than I remembered.
>>
I love Seras and Integra.
>>
>>139027392
I could stand the comedy for pretty much every episode, it was a bad way to add comic relief, and it was probably to save budget so I kind of just ignored it.

It was pretty horrendous during the last episode, they probably ran out of budget faster than expected and had to resort to that stupid shit, completely killed the mood, and made the last episode sort of underwhelming.

>>139027480
It's a pretty good series if you watch it for what it is. It was actually the anime that rekindled my interest in the medium, since I got kind of tired of the same highschool romcom gags which get regurgitated every fucking season.
>>
SERAS A CUTE!
ERAS
RAS
AS
S

CUTE
UTE
TE
E
>>
It had Nakata and Wakamoto as main characters so it could be nothing but amazing.
>>
>>139027747
Integra a handsome.
>>
>>139027228
Wannabe Dante
>>
>>139028360
>Devil May Cry - 2001
>Hellsing - 1997
>>
It's pretty alright, it can be an entrance tier anime or manga (at least if you haven't watched seinen before) but it's still entertaining to watch as someone who's been watching anime for years. The animation in Ultimate is a joy to watch. It's not particularly deep and the philosophy is laughably shallow (intentionally or not) and it escalates the absurdity of the entire thing to make it super memorable.
>>
>>139027362
If you only watch one dub in your life it should be Ultimate. The accents and voice acting are so over the top yet so fitting and well done that it's hard to not be impressed. It's one of very few where the dub surpasses the sub imo.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.