[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psycho-Pass Season 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: psycho-pass.jpg (36 KB, 225x318) Image search: [Google]
psycho-pass.jpg
36 KB, 225x318
ITT: Psycho-Pass spoilers

So I just finished watching Psycho-Pass Season 1 and I really enjoyed it. It didn't seem worth the hype at first - but the world created in the series has some really interesting implications and makes for a good playground for the relatively well-developed (by the end) characters. Not without it's flaws, and not massively groundbreaking at all, but a good piece of storytelling that leaves you with some stuff to think about >inb4 opinions .

Is it worth watching Season 2? I've heard its shit compared to the first season and ruins it but I want to know what happens with Kougami now and whether the Sibyl system continues or Akane destroys it.

What do you guys think? Did Akane make the right choice to work with the Sibyl system? Is Sibyl ultimately a necessary evil? I couldn't help but root for Makishima in my heart of hearts by the end.
>>
>>139019058

>Is sibyl ultimately a necessary evil?

Sibyl isn't evil. People who want to destroy the order and throw everything into chaos like makishima are evil.
>>
>>139019178
But it's run by serial killers and is quite clearly not perfect - if it's not the ideal, perfect system (pretty much impossible to comprehend) then it's got flaws and is probably just seeking self-preservation.

It's basically giving a collective of human brains (who, by the way, are self-selected and deem themselves to be special) the status of a God above any morals or ethics. There's nothing just about it, and whilst it may serve as a stopgap from a utilitarian point of view it has no ultimate right to rule over everyone's lives.
>>
>>139019058
Felt the same way, anon.

PP2 isn't as awful as everyone says, but it was a clusterfuck behind the scenes. Urobuchi was too busy to work on the script, budget restrictions limited them to 11 22 minute episodes, and the movie prevented them from doing anything note worthy. It is watchable though.

Sybil is only necessary because it made society reliant on it. The system may keep society functioning, but the citizens of Japan are at best sheep and at worse lemmings.

Guys like Makashima are not the solution though. He was fighting an evil system with his own brand of evil. Akane is right to work within the system because the reality is that Japan would fall apart in days if they went cold turkey on Sybil.
>>
>>139019058
Season 2 is utter shit, all immersions ruined.
>>
>>139019661
That's a shame - is the movie any good? I'm really just looking for a resolution to the broader issues in the story and perhaps some conclusion for Kougami.

I see your point re going cold turkey - but how else would you get people to abandon the system? I can't help but think that destroying the whole thing quickly is the only way you could really move on from it even if it would lead to a lot of bloodshed and chaos.
>>
All I remember from this was hyper oats and 3spooky5me. Underrated series desu senpai xD
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.