[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>starving for new and exciting series >everything is either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: filename.jpg (608 KB, 771x1157) Image search: [Google]
filename.jpg
608 KB, 771x1157
>starving for new and exciting series
>everything is either boring as sin, weighed down by cliches and moe, or has been done a dozen times before
Is anime dying, or am I just outgrowing it?
>>
Your growing "taste".
>>
>>139011867
Start looking into older series

Honestly nothing new out is worth reading or watching
>>
>>139012534
>Honestly nothing new out is worth reading or watching
Agreed.
>>
what about the series on your backlog
>>
>>139013399
>tfw haven't had a backlog for years
>>
>>139012534
though even the classic anime goes stale after awhile
>>
Don't be pretentious. Just watch something and enjoy it, stop bitching about everything.
That simple mindset does wonders.
>>
>>139011867
You're outgrowing it, so please fucking leave.
>>
>>139012401
this

looking at my backlog, the shit I added years ago I don't even feel like touching it
>>
You have to start looking for the less hyped material, they usual have new or unique stories, they may not be as flashy but are interesting if your looking for some interesting stuff i would suggest
Sasurai Emanon
Kujira No Kora wa Sajou ni Utau
Kiss X Death
Gleinir
Their no where near as flashy but they are interesting
>>
Find the genre you like and stick to it

what genre do you like OP?
>>
>>139011867

You got a list of what you read somewhere?
>>
Could also be a sign to branch out into new genres as well OP
Reading different material is pretty refreshing
>>
>>139012534
What about Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu?
>>
>>139013571
It's not about being pretentious at all. Every season for the past two or three years I have realized that I only bother with three or so shows and I almost always end up dropping one. There's nothing pretentious about that.

>The simple mindset does wonders
Just turn your brain off and everything will be fine?

No.

>>139014039
>branch out to new genres

This. I'm trying out more stuff directed towards a shoujo demographic (romance and drama) and it's really not all as bad as I once thought.
>>
you talk about growing old, but being 25 I'm probably the oldest one in this thread and my love for it didn't really dampened at all.
>>
Yeah, you need to either go all the way and become and a NEET hikkikomori or turn normalfag and return here once you're bitter and jaded to both the real world and anime.
>>
>>139014348
bitterness and hatred is more of an /r9k/ thing
>>
don't announce to the anime board that you don't like anime, it offends me.

not liking anime is cool and all but why are you hear if you don't?
>>
>>139014154
Well if your thinking the romance ones arent as bad as you first thoughtI'd suggest Orange Marmalade then, it has a slight fantasy element to it and is a web comic, but it was the first one I read after plethoras of action manga,
It has a good story and its completed so you can read it all in one go if you feel inclined as well
>>
>>139014183
OP here. I turn 26 tomorrow.
>>
ln/wn>manga>anime
>>
>>139014403
No thats just what they focus their energy on and talk about. The average /a/non is perturbed and to some extent self loathing regardless of what hes discussing.
>>
>>139014643
dude I like WNs but

anime movies > manga > anime = western shows > VNs > shit > LNs > WNs
>>
>>139014583
>>139014183

Older than both of you. No, I'm not proud of it.
>>
>>139014506
Thanks for the recommendation. I see that it is Korean, not that that is an issue.
>>
>>139014682
all you need to know is that every medium is cliched

it's just the mediums you didn't explore have new cliches you didn't run into thus making them fresh and original.

My advice is to find the cliches you like and stick with them while alternating to mediums and genres with cliches you didn't discover yet.
>>
>>139013571
This is what I with pretty much everything including anime, manga, and video games and their western counterparts. Don't give a shit if its supposed to be good or bad. I pick something and go and be done with it. I either enjoy it or not and thats that.
>>
>>139014154
>>139014506
I love the shoujo series where the femMC is a boss

definitely need to catch up with Koi Dano Ai Dano
>>
I dunno... I mean i wish i could help... Space dandy was a pretty different one if you havent watched that one yet.
>>
anime this year/season looks like a samey mess

but recent ANYTHING (be it books, movies, tv, games, etc) movies looks samey due to trends

most anime this season we'll probably forget about only remembering the ones worth remembering (or ones we can get a meme out of, or ones that spark the autist rage of others by their mention).
>>
>>139015393
Anime is becoming like fast food and i dont like it...
>>
I recently looked on netflex( for something to watch on my brand new HDTV) and re watched Eureka 7 really enjoyed it. I feel that we don't really get memorable shows, that and nostalgia.
>>
>>139015593
Perfect analogy. I agree completely.
>>
File: images.jpg (44 KB, 345x517) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
44 KB, 345x517
>>139015593
it kinda always was

I mean even classic anime was all about selling toys and manga

>b-but what about muh classic OVAs and movies
not like anime movies nowadays aren't being creative
>>
>>139015654
There's absolutely fuckall to watch on netflix. Every time I try to use it I just end up watching Futurama again.
>>
>>139015848
it's a pretty shitty selection. not gonna lie. same for me, I mostly use it to watch old futurama episodes, movies that I'm interested in. kinda wanted to watch Scryed on it, or any old good show. but might have to just settle to watch it on my computer. not that big of a deal.
>>
seriously I can't for the life of me know why /a/ chooses to keep up with seasonal anime ever. All it seems to do is fuck with the enjoyment of people who do

I wait until the anime ends and only choose what interests me.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.