[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sooo...is it necessary to watch Fate stay night if i want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: PEOPLE_DIE_IF_THEY_ARE_KILLED.jpg (23 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
PEOPLE_DIE_IF_THEY_ARE_KILLED.jpg
23 KB, 640x368
Sooo...is it necessary to watch Fate stay night if i want to watch Fate/zero and Fate stay night unlimited blade works? Because I've heard that FSN is pretty bad so i don't really wanna watch it
People die if they are killed
>>
File: 1437828634670.jpg (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1437828634670.jpg
60 KB, 800x600
Read the VN.
>>
>>139008618
Ignore >>139008669, you're right. The VN is shit. But so is the DEEN anime. Just read the wiki article on the Fate route and then watch ufotable's UBW adaptation.
>>
Dunno about UBW but Zero comes before both so it might actually help watching that one first.
>>
I watched Fate/Zero then read the novel. After all that I watched UBW but I found it to be boring. I'm looking forward to heaven's funds adaptation though
>>
I watched F/Zero first and I regret nothing.
>>
>>139010647
I watched F/Zero first and I regret it. Because I also read the VN and watched Ufo UBW, both of which are "okay" slash "not really bad," but they don't hold a candle to Zero desu
>>
>>139008618
Try the VN (it's fine except for the priest's monologues and the sex scenes which can be removed, thankfully) or if that isn't your thing, try a few episodes of the anime, it wasn't as bad as it's been made out to be.
>>
>>139008618
Haven't read/watched F/Z yet, but from what I hear expands upon a lot of the history set up in F/SN, like Kiritsugu's character and shit.

Also for what it's worth ufotable's F/SN is bretty gud. Can't wait for the Heaven's Feel movie though. I fucking loved that route. Dark Sakura is best Sakura but Saber still best grill overall

Side note: anyone know when Hollow Ataraxia gets better? Its ok but it's a little too sice-of-lifey and the "pick a scenario to advance the plot" is a bitchin concept and all, but having Shirou be all head over heels for Sakura then jump in and fug Saber is a tad jarring
>>
>>139012656
What do you want out of HA? Action? It doesn't have that much compared to FSN.
>>
>>139011838
>priest's monologues
Kotomine monologues were way shorter that i expected
>>
>>139012742
naw, its just that it's getting kind of stale, I'm waiting for the time loop plot to advance even a bit and its still just "Hey lets all go to the pool! NO ILLYA DON'T GET IN THE TUB WITH ME THATS A BAD ILLYA".
>>
>>139012765
It's better in the anime, but in the VN they are really long and repetitive. Also, sometimes when you read a new route, you get a monologue which is similar to one you've had in a previous route.
>>
File: 1454701041152.png (982 KB, 806x1176) Image search: [Google]
1454701041152.png
982 KB, 806x1176
Zero is great, but it spoils a TON of the major revelations from the VN by just casually mentioning them (since you are already supposed to know), some of them in the first half of the first episode.

Part of what makes F/SN so neat is all the mysteries and secrets that are tiptoed around until their reveals. Zero basically infodumps all of them so there is no intrigue, and no mystery if you do F/SN second.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.