[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neon Genesis Envangelion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 51109.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
51109.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Finally finished this amazing series and loved how it started simple and clean and ended deep and fucked up.
But i need help understanding and interpretating some parts.

Unit-01 was part of Yui? How?
Does this mean Unit-0 and Unit-02 were related to someone else in the same way?

What exactly was the lance of longinus?

I have doubts about other things but i assumed they were completely ambiguous (example: at the end, are Shinji and Asuka the only survivors of the human race or did anyone else survive?)
>>
>>138994792

Unit-01 was not part of Yui, but Yui was part of Unit-01, you see the experiment which led to her "death" was her merging with Unit-01 thus making her immortal.

I don't think there is really an answer to that question, but you can always find it some where

Lance of Longinus was the most powerful weapon against the angels, but than again the series doesn't give the best explanation.
>>
http://wiki.evageeks.org

Every thing you'll ask is in here. Plus many more answers that you didn't even think to question.
>>
>>138994792
Yui was involved in an experiment that placed her soul inside unit 01

Part of Asukas mother's soul was put inside Unit 02 but not all of her, which caused her to still remain in human form but mentally unstable
Unit 01 is ambiguous

The lance of longinus was a weapon carried by adam and lilith when they were sent to earth. It has the ability of penetrating AT fields.
>>
>>138997105
unit 00* is ambiguous
sorry typo
>>
>>138997105
The lance of longinus was a weapon carried by adam and lilith when they were sent to earth. It has the ability of penetrating AT fields.

To add to that. The purpose was being a fail safe for what happend on earth, that both land on the same planet. They serve the purpose of making, whoever is impaled, inactive
>>
Did Asuka actually have feelings for Shinji or what?

She didnt seem like someone who would kiss a random guy, and fleeing from a date to later kiss him to "burn time" doesnt make sense at all to me.
>>
Why does Rei get so much attention from the community?

She is so loved that i feel Misato and Asuka are underapreciated even tho they were much more interactive characters and had more development.
>>
File: m26_C468_big.jpg (70 KB, 840x480) Image search: [Google]
m26_C468_big.jpg
70 KB, 840x480
>>138994792
Eva-01 had Yui's soul, 00 we see has some or Rei/Lilith's (episode 14) and Kyoko is in EVA-02 (see EoE).

The Lance of Longinus was some artifact brought by Adam or Lilith.

At the end they are the only ones who have "imagined themselves in their own hearts" and re-embodied.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.