[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Finally get round to reading this today >Proceed to read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: latest.jpg (153 KB, 681x1000) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
153 KB, 681x1000
>Finally get round to reading this today
>Proceed to read all available chapters
>have to wait for the next one like everyone else
Why the fuck do I do this to myself? I should just stick to completed manga.
>>
>>138965339
The official english release? The manga? What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>138965715
the manga. How is the LN? usually the writing style is pretty shitty.
>>
>>138965986
Download it and see for yourself.
>>
I read the completed web novel how different is the LN
>>
>>138966120
I would but reading that much text on a computer screen makes me ill.
>>
>>138966120
thanks mate...

I guess it can be added to the backlog
>>
File: girl who ate death.jpg (470 KB, 2560x1393) Image search: [Google]
girl who ate death.jpg
470 KB, 2560x1393
hidden gem
>>
>>138966253
Put in on a reader, it's an EPUB.
>>
>>138966253
phone, tablet, kindle ect
>>
>>138966253
Got a kindle? thats how i read mine
>>
>>138966253
I hear this all the time, but how does it happen? Is it only a computer screen thing? How does it differ if you are using a Kindle or Ipad, whatever that is still a computer screen basically?

What about books? Is that different because it's not digital and instead printed?

There's way too many people with your problem for me to assume it's some kinda disease or something. I'm just curious how do you guys do research on the internet if that's the case.
>>
>>138966845
Its a screen thing. Kindles(not the tablet versions) have a weird tech screen that looks like paper by using magnetic ink, think super advanced etch a sketch.

computer screens of any form are constantly pulsing light too fast for you to notice this combined with block texts can induce nausea in people some.

Its just luck of th draw personally I dont get it but I do much prefer reading off paper. So get print or a kindle i guess.
>>
>>138966289
Looks like a broomstick.
>>
>>138965339
>LN about a edgy MC getting transported into a fantasy world where vidya rules apply ending with him killing god.

Go fuck yourself, newfag.
>>
>>138967031
That's insane. How did those people even manage anything text heavy without the magnetic ink tech like 10-15 years ago? To people nowadays that's like having motion sickness just from riding a car or bus.

I'm starting to see why RPGs and shit are falling out in vidya if there's a ton of people with that problem.
>>
>>138967452
I doubt the LN will follow the WN route. It's already added entire arcs in between and made the edgy stuff published so far much more mild. Not sure if it'll be an improvement looking at the big picture but at least it fits the manga art in being comfy kinda like how Maoyuu manga was all happy dappy.
>>
>>138965339
how far did they get? I stopped reading because the chapters were being translated too slow. I remember a general on here dedicated to scanlating every chapter as quickly as possible.
>>
File: 1409175469339.jpg (62 KB, 245x204) Image search: [Google]
1409175469339.jpg
62 KB, 245x204
Where my WN bro's at?
>>
Every girl in the series gets raped. Including the tanuki.
Enjoy
>>
>>138968440
I thought the whale did the raping. Don't think anything was strong enough to rape her.
>>
>>138968083

All waiting for someone to pick up and finish the various gaidens, including spear hero.
>>
>>138967951
Who cares? It's shit made from shit, doesn't matter where you go from there.
>>
>>138969437
Yeah we already understand how much you hate it from your first post, do you wanna keep following this thread just to tell everyone that?
>>
>>138968083
mah boy
Atla a QT
Rapthalia best waifu goddess
Firo the inmortal daugtheru
>>
>>138968669
cant rape the willing
>>
>>138965339
Source on manga? it's not even in the op image
>>
>>138971985

luar moar etc
>>
File: ok.png (68 KB, 345x311) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
68 KB, 345x311
>>138972238
https://distractedtranslations.wordpress.com/2015/09/20/chapter-1/
This it?
>>
>>138966290
Is the download on nyaa the best conversion? I found someone doing a epub release with cover art but that only went up to vol 4.
>>
Is there a link to the LNs ?
>>
>>138971985
google manga shield hero
>>
File: cba.png (98 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
cba.png
98 KB, 510x546
>>138973974
danke anon
>>
>>138966289
All hail spider waifu!
>>
>>138972509
Not even close
>>
File: 1458045960151.jpg (421 KB, 2560x1399) Image search: [Google]
1458045960151.jpg
421 KB, 2560x1399
>>138966289
My food bro.
>>
>>138968083
Fohl and Kiehl OTP.
>>
>>138965339
>Shield hero
god damn does that go downhill quickly. They should've just left it at the first ending.
>>
>>138968083
I read it til the end
I kind of regret because a lot of it was pretty awful, especially toward the end
>>
File: 1458651481148.png (1 MB, 1600x864) Image search: [Google]
1458651481148.png
1 MB, 1600x864
Do you like flame ring?
>>
>>138977337
Eh. Light novel may change the entire ending.
>>
>>138978368
I'll be sceptical until it happens. I feel like the author will just clear up the first ending part and keep the second one.

I just wanted comfy shield bro. I don't even mind the first ending, it's just that everything after it shits all over the progress from the story by making him god tier.
>>
>>138978614
I just started reading this. Which part is the first ending?
>>
File: 1458644160985.jpg (360 KB, 864x1600) Image search: [Google]
1458644160985.jpg
360 KB, 864x1600
>>138978016
Could we stop marketeering?
>>
>>138978614
>shits all over the progress from the story by making him god tier.

By doing what? While the second ending was indeed just made up on the spot, all of its roots were still based on existing themes. Bitch Goddess herself is the best proof of that.
>>
>>138978680
The first ending is when he dies and wakes up on Earth. People hated it so the author continued on and made a second ending.

>>138978812
It just feels tacked on, because that is what it is. Personally I started to hate the story around the time of the New Seven Deadly Sins mini-arc but at least the first ending was good.

Here's a quote from chapter 371
>The effects of Defense Link don’t cut off.
>While it originally had an effect time, I can make that optional and control it.
>In all honesty, I can probably keep it active eternally.

The power creep became a vertical wall post-first ending. That's not how you write a good story.
>>
File: 1306_Replies_Of_Rage.jpg (10 KB, 223x119) Image search: [Google]
1306_Replies_Of_Rage.jpg
10 KB, 223x119
>>138965339
Threadly Reminder when /a/ went full mad
>>
>>138979514
Over what?
>>
>>138979514
which chapter was it? 7?
>>
>>138979542
>>138979555
I can't remember which chapter but it was during Spear Hero NTR Shield-bro.
>>
>>138979602
That's right off the bat with the whore princess, right? Or do you mean the time when he tried to take his companion by using underhanded tricks?

I did not think it was such a big deal.
>>
>>138979666
It was during the duel, when Spear hero accuse Shield bro of slavery and shit.
>>
>>138979412
But that's exactly how it works for Bitch Goddess as I've said. To hate on the 2nd ending you need to admit hating how Bitch Goddess works in the first place, unless you think are hating less on the upgrades themselves and more on the means of which Naofumi and Raphtalia gained them, but given how you quoted the powers themselves it's rather hard to interpret it as such.

Shieldbro had a big picture that was completely hidden from the reader, and every time you learned more about the world it changed how you would interpret their game mechanics so to speak. Only at the end would you see the whole picture despite the story having given hints here and there, since those hints had very little context until the appropriate time.

The natural progression at the end was simple, to belittle the very rules of the game itself. At that point Naofumi and Raph could go to a non-RPG world, and it would reflect as such and there wouldn't be stat windows and such unless they forced it in through sheer power, but that would require the spirits of that world to allow it.

Did you not notice how every single time shit hits the fan, going from getting hunted by the church to the batshit hero side kicks to the hero of the whip to Bitch herself, every time the 'reasoning' of the enemy gets worse and worse as the mechanics of the MC get more complex and broken?

At first it was a religious reason, then it was just pettiness and jealousy over being chosen as heroes. After that was treating the world like a game and wanting to conquer the world + gain a harem. Finally it was literally a spoiled child flipping the board and stomping on the pieces while yelling "NUH UH". Granted even the very first reason was mustache twirling tier, but at least it tried to hide the core problem from the MC. Later on there's barely a facade, and progresses to in your face faggotry.
>>
>>138979412

I get the feeling people like you are allergic to video game power creeping since it reminds you of how games were ruined when cheats and such were involved.
>>
>>138979726
Next chapter was best though.
>>
File: Told_status.jpg (33 KB, 723x201) Image search: [Google]
Told_status.jpg
33 KB, 723x201
>>138979666
This was when some Korean-anon do a LiveTL for chapter 1,2 and 3 straight.
>>
>>138979847
dat Healing Chapter brah
>>
File: CXcboQlUkAQn3Ny[1].jpg (86 KB, 592x480) Image search: [Google]
CXcboQlUkAQn3Ny[1].jpg
86 KB, 592x480
Reading Daraku No Ou for some reason was a really comfy experience. Heck I don't even know what I liked about it....not like it had amazing plot or feels just felt very comfy and well a little sad.

Also whats up with Heard Lauder's illustrations.. who is that fuckboy? I was imagining more Gilgamesh less japanese salaryman. Fucking Erect Sawaru
>>
>>138979907
What did Erect Sawaru draw that picture you posted?
>>
>>138979762
look, you can defend it all you want but it won't change the fact that I don't like it. As you said the reasoning of the enemy gets worse every time while the MC gets more broken to accommodate it. It's not a good story telling style. The end villain was absolutely shit because of it.

It's a difference of opinion but an enemy like the goddess works when the story ends instantly instead of dragging it out over a long period.

>>138979818
I love video game power creep. JRPGs are one of my favourite genres. What I don't like is having a pre-established power creep that disappears because the author was forced to add an extra arc to stop Nip fans from raging out over an ending.
It'd be like having kid Goku skip the end of DB and all of Z to go straight to GTGT is shit for other reasons but I use it in this example because it has Goku as a kid again.
>>
>>138979949
Where did my spoiler tags go? That's weird.
The GT stuff was meant to be spoilered.
>>
File: zebul[1].png (524 KB, 640x920) Image search: [Google]
zebul[1].png
524 KB, 640x920
>>138979946
Yes
>>
>>138979412
The first ending was dogshit.
>>
>>138980075
it was dogshit but it was still better than the second one.
>>
>>138979949
>look, you can defend it all you want but it won't change the fact that I don't like it.

I'm not defending it. I'm narrowing down the reasoning because I don't understand how you think and your posts aren't clear enough about it. Not saying you're stupid or anything, that's just how most of /a/ operates.

>It's not a good story telling style.

I never claimed it was good story telling. I just wanted to say that while it was pulled out of the author's ass at the last minute, you can't really say it didn't make sense in the power creep aspect. There was just no way you could write the good guys winning in that situation without doing the same thing unless you want SAO logic like when a player through AMAZING REFLEXES and THE POWER OF LOVE manages to kill an arrogant admin with complete control of the system. In other words, it was a natural conclusion, disappointing? Sure. But it shouldn't be shocking.

> The end villain was absolutely shit because of it.

See I can now see where you are coming from more specifically. Because prior to this, the only focus points I had from your posts were 7 deadly sins and Naofumi turning god mode. If I didn't post, I would only be able to guess at which 'tier' of the game mechanics pissed you off, if that was even the case at all.

>It's a difference of opinion but an enemy like the goddess works when the story ends instantly instead of dragging it out over a long period.

It's not a difference in opinion, because I never made an opinion on whether or not the story was good or not. I simply made an opinion that the author put in the effort to make his second ending sensible from the stand point of the world he established along with the story he wrote so far and gave evidence to that.

Don't take offense to my posting, when I challenged you on the first reply, it was because I could see where your hate was coming from, but according to logic there was something off so I asked about it.
>>
>>138980047
Is this why we haven't seen new doujins and shit from him?
>>
>>138979907
Greed best boy, and yeah, shit got pretty melancholy whenver captain lazyass actually started thinking about things.
>>
>>138980159
All good, I didn't mean to appear angry, sorry about that. Cooling down, I now hope that the LN does get a better ending.
>>
>>138980173
That guy works on a lot of shit so who knows.

>>138980180
I still felt he had the best sin after Greed. Others were more abnormal to say the least. But yea that melancholy....
>>
>>138979949
>I love video game power creep. JRPGs are one of my favourite genres. What I don't like is having a pre-established power creep that disappears because the author was forced to add an extra arc to stop Nip fans from raging out over an ending.

So it's more that you enjoy the video game aspect and dislike it being shoved aside or being circumvented by brute force, kind of like if a game has complex RPG item variables, only to have the end game just give you really big numbers or no numbers at all but are required to do any damage to the enemy.

That is completely understandable. It's just a case of you loving the world building and the progression of the world setting itself more than the plot and the themes of the story, which is often the case in this genre. People want vidya LN because it's vidya, no matter how you spin it just going loljustagame is pretty insulting.

Did I capture your thoughts correctly?
>>
>>138980313
Your hopes would probably be dependent on how you like the current extra material and changes to the LN.

I mean since no one bothers to scan the LN beyond the illustrations, I figure you have to be one of the ones buying them in order to give a shit how it turns out.
>>
>>138980408
kind of. I can only really explain it in analogies to other shows and books but it's more like the author changed too much too fast. If it was introduced slowly then I wouldn't have minded. Maybe it was better for people reading as it was being released and/or translated but for someone reading it all at once, it was disappointing.

>>138980543
I'll wait 2 years or so before picking up the LNs and eventually do a summary writeup on /a/ of the major changes to the story. By then I'll have memorised enough kanji to make reading it fun instead of a grind going between the book and a dictionary.
>>
>>138980675
>but it's more like the author changed too much too fast.

Oh I can relate to that, didn't hate it as much as you did, but the power creep went up exponentially. Even if it was for the sake of the story (and shock value I guess) I didn't think it was the best move either. And according to some anon in a previous thread though he never substantiated his claim, the hateboner on bitches, the persecution complex, and the first ending, were all because the author at the time was really angry at bitches in real life or something.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.