[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rurouni Kenshin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: ruroken.jpg (234 KB, 697x1100) Image search: [Google]
ruroken.jpg
234 KB, 697x1100
Why hasn't the last arc been properly adapted yet?
>>
Because people lost interest.
>>
>>138960250
Aniplex please
>>
>>138960250
I love this series but honestly
Shishio > Enishi

The Jinchu arc just felt like it was there wrap everything up after the big finale of the Juppongatana.
>>
>>138960483

It gave really good back story for Kenshin and his hitokiri days aso well as some nice closure for his arc and the future of Kendo with Yahiko.

But the back story was covered pretty well with Trust & Betrayal (if with a little more serious tone than the source material). It's a shame that there probably isn't enough interest for the rest of the jinchuu arc to really get the closure for Kenshin's arc, because Remembrance was an abortion.
>>
Honestly, a movie adaptation of the important bits would have been acceptable. Too bad Remembrance completely blew it.
>>
>>138960250
Because the anime dragged on with too many shitty filler arcs causing it to get cancelled due to bad ratings.
>>
Shishio was definitely a better villain than Enishi, but Enishi was still a fantastic villain and a very well made character. It was also kinda the point of his character since Watsuki described Shishio as a constantly rising villian while Enishi was falling.

Also, I seriously believe that the Jinchuu arc was better than the Kyoto arc. Kyoto was great, but Jinchuu was the most emotionally impacting of all the arcs in Kenshin, and had the most satisfying conclusion of any shonen manga.
>>
>>138961979
>>138962488
>Remembrance

I thought it was "Reflections", inb4 it was so bad that everyone forgot what it was actually called, haha!

But yeah, I'd still want to see the last arc. Simple as he was, Enishi's character was an expected outcome, even on Kenshin's part, since he himself said that it was only a matter of time until his past enemies would come crawling back and seek vengeance on him for his actions as Battousai. The fact that Jinchu actually rounds out the entirety of Kenshin's final resolve and the rest of what happens to the Kenshingumi shows just how much more crucial it is than people give it credit for. Having read it recently, the dumb fights and shounen-y good guy/bad guy mashups are hardly even important since it was more focused on giving closing developments on key characters.

Hell, more than anything I'd argue that Kyoto arc was more of the "villains" arc (with Shishio, Soujiro, Aoshi, Usui and Anji getting pretty great focus respectively) whereas Jinchu only truly has Enishi at its main villain spotlight. This is because Jinchu is mainly about the closure for the good guys themselves than anything else. Remember that Sano arc? That was a good and fun mini arc.
>>
>>138964901
>Having read it recently

Also, by this I mean that I read it again recently after such a long time and it actually aged better than I initially thought it would have.
>>
Because it wasn't very good and the only questions it answered where for shit we didn't need to know.

We didn't need to know why a guy who fought in one of the bloodiest civil wars the nation has seen has a scar

We didn't need to know who the grave belonged too because what it represented is more important

We didn't need to see more useless assholes who have a revenge boner.

They where just beating a dead horse and it should have ended at Kyoto. Kenshin faced his past, let his new friends in on his secrets, realized he wanted to keep living and made a new home in the modern era.

All the major themes where finished
>>
File: 1458443529802.jpg (66 KB, 582x726) Image search: [Google]
1458443529802.jpg
66 KB, 582x726
>We will never see this beautiful man animated.
That's a shame because his 90s design looked rad as fuck
>>
>>138964901
My bad, you're right. Remembrance was how the flashback chapters were referred to in the manga.
>>
Deen
>>
>>138960250
Filler shit in the anime killed interest if I remember right.
>>
>>138968615

It's amazing that the anime ended up having sooo much filler shit (ended up being almost a third of the total run), considering the manga only ran for 5 years.

The cour system would have probably been better for it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.